Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The laceless version will have the three stripes on the foot's inside while the normal version will have them on the outside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jaxinho and MRBA repped this.
  2. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm getting way too excited for this new Copa release I think, I'm setting myself up for disappointment!

Honestly, they look great IMO. A return to form for Adidas. Not crazy about the monotongue obviously, but other than that...

Anyone know if they will be available in some sort of AG configuration as well?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I agree. I think they look excellent!

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    The Copa 19.1’s side profile is reminiscent of the Ace 17.1 with the leather vamp.

Also the
    Hopefully they perform as well as they look. They honestly look sick. And I also hope they get the marketing exposure they deserve. If they get N’Golo Kanté to wear these i’d be all in. LOL

MRBA and derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    adidas brings back the rubberised Predator element with the Predator 19+...to the heel of the boot, for more swerve on every back-heel shot and pass...not what I had in mind.
    [​IMG]

MRBA, derbyyank13 and Jaxinho repped this.
  6. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's as if I've seen this design before....

[​IMG]

:x3:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah they are similar! I was thinking more old school Preds with that tongue

8. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If they're quality, might just pick up one pair of Copa for FG and the Gloro for those wet pitches...

derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry for the double post, but I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Accelerator remakes. Found them for a price under retail on eBay and I just couldn't resist, I really wanted them when they were released.

The seller had gotten 100% positive feedback, but I can't help being a bit scared they're fakes. Also hoping that the sizing is right for me.

Anyway, if they're genuine but won't fit me properly, I guess I'll have a pair of Accelerators for sale at a decent price sometime soon!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Did they come in original box and packaging? There are soooooo many fakes out there but usually don't come with original packaging. The remakes are a bit off when it comes to sizing.

11. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It think they are without a box unfortunately...that's a bit worrying. I did try comparing them to official pictures and didn't find any differences however.

I went with half a size up what I wear in Copa Mundial, which is UK7, maybe I should've went with UK8?

Jaxinho repped this.
  12. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    You can send some pictures my way if you want. I used to own a pair (I got the wrong size so i sold them).

MRBA repped this.
  13. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cheers mate. I just sent you a message.

14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    how else would we score super powered backheel goals and assists without a swerve element! lol

drop some pics here as well! would be interesting to see.

15. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here are some pictures. Fake or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    These look fake to me.
    The inner lining pf the tongue should be red and not black. The stitching looks bad and the cuts are not clean.
    I bought these from Adidas. The sole-plate looks off as well.
    Do you have a photo of the size tag? I can compare that too.

IMG_8886.JPG

17. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, it's starting to feel more and more like I've made a mistake.

I don't have any pictures of the tag unfortunately. I hope it's possible to return them...

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Is this from ebay? They are pretty good with cases like this. I buy a lot of boots from there and from time to time I would get the wrong item (takedown as opposed to top-end) and I would file a return and write down my exact reasons. Most of the time the return will be granted even if it says the seller doesn’t accept them.

19. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, it's from ebay. I've been reading trough their returns policy actually, and it's made me feel a little better, haha! If I can get away with only losing the postage money I'd be happy tbh

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw those on eBay the other day for a good price but the fact that there were multiple pairs on there set alarm bells ringing for me.

Did you already say how much you paid for them? If they see fake surely you can get your money back?

I’ve got a question - has anyone tried wearing the Adidas Predators with laces, without the laces? Do you still get a good lock down. I had to take the laces out of one of my pairs because last winter I was playing on 4G turf and to stop it from freezing they covered it in salt which then stuck to my laces making the white. Problem is you need a maths degree to get the laces back in! Just wondered if I could get away with wearing them without putting the laces back.

appleCORR

21. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Speaking of Copa.... Thomas Meunier was wearing one today..
    upload_2018-11-6_17-4-20.png

22. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah I have the Pred 18.1 and I did try to remove the laces on my left foot (non-dominant) for one kickabout session and I didn’t like it. Lockdown sucks, especially given the fact that the Predators are made of very soft and plush knit. If you do this to the Nemeziz 18.1 you’d be getting away with it.
    Maybe try to put aftermarket laces while playing this winter?

23. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a heap of players that i coach that do this. I think the best thing about the 18.1 over the 18+ is that you can get that lock down with the laces!

If you've got a bit of time and patience, just get one hand inside the boot and the other hand feeding the laces in and its not so bad to re-lace!

You can get away with wearing them without laces, but i don't think you'll like it!

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks everyone - just found it a bit fiddly to try and re-lace them but I know I can do it if I can be bothered! :D

appleCORR

25. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    If we’re talking about hard-to-relace (modern) boots, that’s got to be the Vapor 10 and 11. Can’t get the dang aglets into the holes!