Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I also have to comment on the Nemeziz 18.1. Huge improvement over the 17.1 in terms of stability and lockdown, but same “airy” and bulky feel at the toebox even in the correct size. Also did anyone notice the Nemeziz 18.2 silhouette actually resembles the Nemeziz 17.1?

2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    There’s a chance yoy might like the regular synthetic ones! I think the best part about the Preds is that the lockdown at the heel and midfoot feel fantastic (little on the narrow side) but then it gets more volume by the toebox, both sideways and up and down (if you know what I mean by those directions).

jayc23 repped this.
  3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

ah okay i got ya. still, leather is always a plus-point for me lol. My problem with the recent synthetic boots i've bought (like the X18+) was that somehow the forefoot fit okay, but my little toe just killed me.

also the X18+ just totally overstretched on the midfoot, really annoying.

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I understand! The last synthetic boots I wore were the MIJ Monarcida Neo 2s and as with most synthetics the outer side of my feet go numb because of how tight they are.

Have you tried the Nemeziz 18+? Hands down the best laceless silo. I might even get that as my next pair. Crazy.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    any advise on the sizing/fitting of the adidas predator accelerator 2018 remake?

can follow copa 17.1 size?

thanks!

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the yellow ones felt a little bit roomier in the toe box than the predator precisions did. i had US9.5s in both. i wear US10s in morelia 2s and tiempo 7s. i haven't worn the copas. i would go a half size down from your true size.

kiongsm repped this.
  7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i'm a uk6.5 in the morelia 2s
    so, a uk6.5 in the upcoming accelerator remake (black/white/red)?
    thanks!

8. teamescape1987

Aug 21, 2010
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
  9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    man, i don't know. the US9.5 precisions fit me perfectly, just like my US10 morelia 2s. my US9.5 accelerators felt a little bit bigger than the precisions. i didn't try a US9 in the accelerators, but i would think going down another half size would have been too tight.

i don't know how the UK sizes compare to US sizes and whether it's a straight full size difference. i want to say i've read that there is a little bit of weirdness in adidas' US/UK size conversion?

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    thanks man,

your adidas us9.5 is = uk9.0 which is your morelia 2 us10

i supposed with the rubber fins/panels in the accelerator, stretching would be minimal

11. fielder01

fielder01 New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Aug 23, 2018
    Is anyone interested in Predator Accelerator 1998 remake? Released this morning and already sold out. I have a size 9 UK if anyone wants message me.

12. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    don't use your debit card.

14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    jihado86 repped this.
  15. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I have high praises for the Nemeziz 18.1.

Tight- but not too tight.

Responsive- reminds me of the Hypervenom Phantom 3 and is quite possibly the most responsive adidas silo right now. Even better than the X 18.1.

Padded- highly subjective aspect; I like a padded feel more. The toebox is similar to the ‘airy’ toebox feel of the Purespeeds.

Aggressive traction- why most pros who wear the Nemeziz don’t use metal studs. It’s long enough for SG but not too long for AG (in my experience).

Agility Bandage all around- adidas actually addressed the weakness of the previous 17.1 by wrapping the entire midfood in the bandage material.

The upper is not slick as it appears- it has a ‘wet paint’ feel where it adds a little bit of stickiness between the boot and the ball. Without dust, the upper and the ball actually make a squeaking sound when rubbed against each other.

It took me half an hour to break them in, and I did not experience heel blisters. You could actually wear them laceless, that’s how tight they feel pre-lacing up.

6D0592A9-0EF8-4080-AA2D-A795A14E0FF3.jpeg

jayc23, derbyyank13, newone88 and 2 others repped this.
  16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

hmm.. how would you say the padded upper feels compared to say.. the Purespeeds

17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    It has the same airy feel but the Purespeed upper is definitely thinner and more pliable. I’d say probably 50-75% thinner.

Compared to the X 17+, the only difference the Nemeziz 18.1 has is that it has more aggressive traction and the heel lockdown, albeit the same, is less restrictive on the Nemeziz because the Purespeeds have those rubber dots that sometimes make me feel i’m about to get blister hotspots.

18. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys, anyone tried Copa Gloro 17? How is it? and How is the sizing compared to : Umbro Speciali Eternal
    Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga

19. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    CAD9FCF1-57E6-4BE8-9834-35654DED48F0.jpeg CAD9FCF1-57E6-4BE8-9834-35654DED48F0.jpeg B677E101-9D53-42AE-AF28-2E4D52C5C281.jpeg 396DD546-F05C-4334-9AF1-C77A28DE916C.jpeg Hi there folks,
    Not been on here in years!! Still going strong I see & a few of the same names still kicking abt....

Anyway, quick Q here, and Apple plz move if I’m in the wrong thread, no longer playing & came across these in a cupboard. Was going 2 put them on eBay but wasn’t sure of a value or whether they would be worth a high start bid. Not exactly the rarest but still in good nick & bit if nostalgia maybe if anything.
    Let me know what you think plz & feel free to make an offer :)

appleCORR7 repped this.
  20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Not sure about the exact details of this specific LZ 2 you got here but I often visit ebay for brand new old boots and I see these go for $80-100. Hope this helps!

21. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone else really, really excited for the new Copa? Looks like Adidas might actually get it right this time.

The lack of tongue is the only downside for me...

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just sort of think when it comes to the Copa If it ain’t broke don’t fix it - it’s an iconic boot and I think it should stay the same with maybe different colours thrown into the mix. You are either a fan of the boot or you aren’t. But I always think there will be a market for the more ‘classic’ boots.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 and jihado86 repped this.
  23. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm always against collared and laceless boots and especially when it come to an iconic boot, so I'm obviously pissed-off by the decision of making a laceless high-cut Copa.
    As for the regular version, we still don't have clear pictures but if it's just an other Tiempo with Flyknit's equivalent tongue, then shame on you adidas.

It's always adidas trying to surpass Nike in terms of marketing, Nike are the ones who come up with useless gimmicks, so adidas and the others follow and try to make their special touch. This time adidas even went far and made a leather heritage boot with collar and laceless. Those stupid trends bring a ton of money unfortunately just because these brands have players wear such boots to hijack the customers taste.

The good news, at least, is that they still produce Copa Mundial, Premier, Gloro, ...
    And we still have Mizuno didn't join this madness.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Though I love the Nemeziz 18.1 and is my main boot at the moment (will change very soon though), I have to agree that what adidas is doing is focusing on the ‘wow’ factor more than anything else. Nike does come up with a few major gimmicks here and there, but for some reason they always seem to pull it off. The dynamic fit collar looked silly at first, but look where we are now. The Phantom VSN looks like it came right off of Marty McFly’s feet, but surprise surprise it’s actually an excellent performer. As with anything like fashion or technology, there will always be a trend in football boots. Remember when the tongue was a thing? That was also a trend.

As with the next-gen Copa, I believe it’ll be nothing more than a mediocre ‘modern’ take of the classic Mundial. If one wants such a boot, there is always the Premier and the Morelia 2.

jihado86 and jayc23 repped this.
  25. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just when we were talking, here's a new image for the Copa 19.1

[​IMG]

MRBA and derbyyank13 repped this.