Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    The website I got them from says my pair is not secured until I get an email saying it’s out for shipment. It may or may not apply to soccer.com.

Did you think this sold slower than the previous ones or just the same?

2. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes I know they wouldn't make just one mid-cut version, but the existence of a mid-cut version for a heritage boot bugs me and pisses me off :D

3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

yea 350 euros is nuts. i took a look at it and decided i'd pass. no chance i'd spend that much.

the ultraboosts are also still around.

4. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Those laceless Copas look absolutely ridiculous.

I might sound old fashioned, but I think it's a bit much.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    any update on your order jax? i got an email from soccer.com saying the expected availability and delivery were pushed back to 7/16 and 7/20.

6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I saw the Pred Remakes at the Adidas store in Tokyo. So damn tempting but so damn expensive!

7. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I got mine yesterday, 9 July! Unisport said it would take about 9-12 days (I ordered them 4 July) but the FedEx man showed up at my door yesterday.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  8. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know the best way to get a hold of Adidas customer service? I have an order sitting on a stocked item for a week, and I found out it's nearly impossible to reach out to them. They don't do email. Chat system doesn't work, and I can't imagine an outsourced customer service rep could tell me if I placed an order on an item they didn't actually have in stock.

I'm left DM-ing them on Twitter. :alien:

9. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    my predators shipped on tuesday. @Pangu, are these yellow ones mostly the same as the original accelerator remakes just a different color? or are there other changes as well? i see the lacing is different, but what else?

11. Precision Player

Apr 5, 2005
    From what most of the collectors have been saying, the only difference from the originals are the size of the laces and the soleplate. OK, you can also point out other little things like the word "adidas" underneath the logo on the tongue, as that wasn't the case on the originals. Also, on the heel, it has the "Predator" font, but as for the K-Leather and the vamps, it's meant to be 1:1.
    I've never owned an original accelerator. My first predator was the Precision in 2000, I've been hooked ever since! I've the David Beckham Capsule All White and the Accelerator Solar remakes, so I'm looking forward to trying these out for the upcoming season!

derbyyank13 and stphnsn repped this.
  12. Precision Player

Apr 5, 2005
    I'm from Ireland and I got a pair of the Solar remakes from Pro-Direct. I received them last Monday. I also ordered a pair on Soccer.com (which was surprisngly available to order on the Tuesday before the official release day of the Thursday?!)
    The only reason I ordered a pair in advance was in case i wasn't quick enough in securing a pair from Pro-Direct! To cut a long story short, I got a notification that the FED-EX guy should be arriving tomorrow (Friday). So fingers crossed!!

13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    About the Electricity Pred Accelerator remakes: what’s the smallest size they made?
    I got mine from Unisport and the smallest they had was a UK 7 (US 7.5). Unfortunately I am a UK 6.5 in adidas. Sucks.

14. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Obviously the leather upper is a huge difference as is the sole plate. The original 2014 remake was on the predator instinct soleplate, the 2018 remake is on the predator 18 soleplate.

The 2018 remake is supposed to be a 1 to 1 replica of the original upper. - i have to say, the boots look rushed. Theres quite a few QC issues with them.

stphnsn and Jaxinho repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    I received mine today. I agree that they don't feel as well done as they should be. They don't feel as good as my precisions, but maybe the original accelerators weren't as well finished as the precisions that came out a few years later? They don't fit my feet as well as the precisions either FWIW.

I'll be returning or selling them. Mine are US9.5s. Let me know if you're interested in taking them off my hands. If no one here wants them, I'll list them on ebay and see if I can make some money on them.

jayc23 repped this.
  16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The yellow look so much better than the black ones. They just look better made!

Acceleratior will always been on of the most iconic & beautiful looking boots for me.

appleCORR

Pangu and derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i agree, apple, although i would take the black/blue/white non-predator accelerators over the predators any day.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I might be one of very very few, but i actually rate the 2014 remake better than the one that just came out. The 2014 remake is a very very wearable boot. Obviously not nearly as accurate as the 2018 version, but as a boot that you could wear and play in, i loved it.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  19. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This colorway never gets old, for me at least...
    [​IMG]

chivamex10 repped this.
  20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I hope they release in a UK 6.5! The previous ones only went as small as a UK 7. Too big for my baby feet.

21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    an FYI, if i may: i listed my predator precision remakes on ebay after i ordered the blackout mizunos. they're gently used and starting price is set at $150.00. if anyone wears US9.5s and wants a pair to play in, these are a good deal. i'd call them barely broken-in. they have no issues. i paid $350ish in november, i think, FWIW. i don't need to let them sit and collect dust. i'd rather they go to someone who will wear them.

here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/adidas-Predator-Precision-FG-remakes-US9-5-/263838938960?oid=263819623721

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

ugh, wish i could grow my feet by half a size!

23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    So the other day I went to an actual football store after about 1.5 years of just ordering boots online. I was just looking to see if the new Pumas and the adidas Nemeziz 18.1 and X 18.1 fit me right. Funny that I ended up with these beauties, the Cold Blooded Predator 18.1s. I DID NOT WANT to want them. My feet just felt right at home. I love that they are on the heavier side (>225g), that the toebox is a little bulky, and that the overall build is very solid-feeling. Also that lockdown is incredible.

What I noticed with adidas though, is that their 3 18.1 silos (sans the Copa) have almost the same feel on-feet; compare that to Nike where their 3 silos (sans the Tiempo) actually feel different from one another.

7C56B3D2-B9B1-4F20-8D0B-F26F92E5EF8E.jpeg

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I also was surprised at how much I liked the fit of these.

jayc23 repped this.
  25. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

ugh you guys are tempting me to get a pair of the Leather ones!