Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    meh. they're not doing anything for me. pass.

fwiw, i've really enjoyed my precision remakes this spring. hopefully the accelerators are as comfy for those who buy them as mine are for me. i haven't noticed the extra weight or bulk compared to my mizunos i wore previously.

2. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Speaking of, recently got these beauties. Wore them to a match on Sunday, really comfy so far, will get some better, after wear, pictures later.

Attached Files:

stphnsn repped this.
  3. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone around here that wore the 11pro 2 when they were available? I'm right now looking for a pair (UK 8 if you're selling) but since I can't try before I buy, I was wondering what the fit is like?

I've worn lots of Adidas boots (Predator, 11pro 3, Nitrocharge etc.) so if there are any older models you can compare them with that would be great. I've heard complaints about the heel not being deep enough. Any truth to it?

5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    from what i remember it fit like the Nitrocharge for me iirc. went a half size down from my usual size 9 in the current purecontrols/preds.

don't remember the heel not being deep enough it just felt.. like a normal leather boot from that era.

MRBA repped this.
  6. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's a positive. I actually really liked the way the first gen Nitrocharge felt. Maybe they were built on the same last?

You went down half a size to what you normally wear in Adidas? I wore UK8 in the Nitrocharge and Pred Instincts, I've got pretty wide feet as well...

7. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Managed to get some leather 18.1 Preds off eBay.

Shame these are not readily available to the public; excellent fit.

Would be better w/Predator elements worked into the leather.

8. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pics?

9. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Got a running mate for the boot, but too bad the box was mislabeled and the shoe is too small for me. :(

Attached Files:

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    0E17E9C2-CFA0-4411-9F5A-50250DF3A8F5.jpeg 84AC5823-C6A3-470E-B8A6-7282E025B418.jpeg 7420EC33-2428-4FD2-B5D3-23D460031344.jpeg 4123EA91-6526-4AAF-8C46-896B301E61FD.jpeg 29E19C37-189E-472D-B66B-4A336FEAB14B.jpeg

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beautiful boots & in the best colourway in my opinion too!

Does anyone else think it’d a little bit ridiculous that Adidas have released a special ball for the knock out stages of the World Cup? - obviously have a special ball for the final (that gold Teamgiest) but the knock out stages? Really? Yes, I know it’s all down the money at the end of the day! They will be releasing a special Adidas VAR machine next! :laugh:

appleCORR

12. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I love the look. Wish I held off. I bought a telstar during black Friday last year. Red is popping!
    20180626_195739.jpg

13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Speaking of the new red Telstar 18, I recently have had the experience of trying out the $40 Top Replique version. I’ve been using past Nike OMBs and I gotta say, the Top Replique looks and feels like a top-end ball. It’s a lot lighter too, arguably better for juggling.

14. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Adidas are taking Nike's path, the knit upper for their heritage silo.
    Here's the upcoming Copa 19.

I don't really like the upper, I'll wait and see more pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MRBA and derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really like what I'm seeing actually, I just wish there was some pictures of the soleplate as well.

Looks like the weird oversized tongue is gone as well?

jayc23 repped this.
  16. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had a pair of the 11pro 1 and 11pro 2. I usually wear a US 8.5 in adidas but for those two boots I wore a US 8. The 11pro 2 were very comfortable and accommodating for all foot types. Offered a very cushioned feel. The heel did not have great lock down at all. There were a couple of times where I thought my heel was going to pop out when I went to sprint. I can’t think of any boot I can compare it to, but I enjoyed it when I had it

jayc23 and MRBA repped this.
  17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Might not be as relevant anymore but i’ll give my input. I had the 11Pro 2 and I got them in my usual size 7.5 US but definitely could’ve gone down to 7 US. The heel is nice and deep but I found myself really using the additional lace loops for a runner’s loop because heel slippage was crazy. Overall I was satisfied with it but eventually settled for Tiempos.

jayc23 and MRBA repped this.
  18. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    did you get 7.5 for everything in that era of Adidas boots? I remember i was a US9 for all my Nike boots, but with the Adidas ones pre X15 era everything seemed to be a US8.5 for me. and then suddenly in the Aces and everything i jumped back to a US9. really weird

so apparently there's going to be a laceless Copa 19 too o_O

19. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Funny you should mention that! Back when the 11Pro was a current model I was playing in college and I was actually a size 8 US. I was broke back then so I had to make do with a Nike Premier and a takedown Pred LZ. Both size 8.
    Now 8 years later I find myself wearing 7.5 US and it’s crazy.
    I got the 11Pro 2’s just last year though. So I got them in my (now) usual 7.5.

As for the Copa 19... as long as they remove the ugly tongue they can do whatever they want! If it’s anywhere as good as the Legend 7 then i’ll gladly try it!

20. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apparently the Copa 19.1 will be closer to to want the tiempo legend 7 is now, according to footy headlines. And apparently the tiempos are getting a collar too

21. chris green

chris green Member

Newcastle United
    Aug 13, 2014
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    sdfgsdfgsdfgsd.PNG

22. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both adidas and Nike are going crazy, two heritage classy boots will be ruined by these collars. I was glad that the Tiempo survived the collar nonsense but now it's over.

gusgorman repped this.
  23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I managed to get a pair of the 2018 remakes of the Electricity Predator Accelerator from Unisport. No word on the availability yet but it seems to be selling slower than anticipated? Maybe the $350 price tag has something to do with it...or maybe no one knows they’re already out.

24. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i saw your post and just ordered a pair on soccer.com. my confirmation email says available to ship mid-July. i wonder whether that means i got them or not.

25. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The picture of the laced Copa 19.1 is blurry, but it doesn’t look like it contains a collar. I’m sure the tiempo will come in a low and DF option like the Hypervenom. If they are smart, Nike and adidas will not make their heritage boots as mid cut only design

jihado86 repped this.