Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    derbyyank13, could you please tell me your Copa Mundial size versus your adiPure size?

2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sure. I wear a 7 in the Copa and a 7.5 in the adiPures.

3. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for that! The Copa is just about the best shoe for fit comparison, even with it's odd sizing, because it's a boot that most people have worn or tried on and is widely available.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  4. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    You're welcome and I agree with you.

5. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Glad to see the upcoming X 18 models look a helluva lot sleeker than the previous two generations! Looks like a cross between an F50 silhouette and an American football cleat (especially in the front).

derbyyank13 repped this.
  6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I'm quite split about the X series revamp. On one hand I really really like the X16/17+'s cause of its middle ground as a nice plush solid upper in a speed boot silhouette. But at the same time i do get why people think its so far off the glory days of the adizero 4's.

I still think they should have done a much better job with the X16.1s and 17.1s. Those were some of the worst uppers around for a 'top grade' boot.

7. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I ABSOLUTELY agree. Horrible, horrible ‘top-end’ boots. They felt bulky, the upper stiffer than a 10-year-old Superfly, and heel slippage was very common. The X 16+ and 17+ on the other hand offer a far better upper material and heel lockdown, but at the expense of being limited by the lace cover in terms of lockdown and ease of use of laces.
    Hoping for the best for the next generation, seeing as the laced X model is the most common pair as seen on European pitches.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

yea, i had a pair of the 16+ turfs and getting my foot into the shoe was a pain, and the laces always felt like they were choking my feet especially as the lace cover was so tight. the upper was a dream though.

again i doubt the next generation if they go back to an adizero esque style will be to my liking as i do want them to have that slightly nice padded sensation but that's life.

Just waiting for the Prices of the X17+s to drop, then i'll grab 1 pair as my go to speed boot.

9. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I am quite excited to feel the X18+. I wore the original Lotto Zhero Gravitys for about 2 years and I absolute loved them.

The X18+ looks like an improvement on those.

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do the Current Adidas X fit? I currently wear a UK7 in the predators and they are very snug (I’m aware they are more like a UK6.5) Just worried about getting my foot in the boot being as there isn’t much of a way of loosening the boots so I think I’d need to go up half or a full size. Any got any tips?

Also I’m guessing a UK7.5 is actually a UK7 and a UK8 is actually a UK7.5?

Thanks

appleCORR

11. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I used to own the X 16.1 and 16+, and I gotta say they run a little bit long if you go true to size. I wear a size 7.5 US (40.5 EU, 25.5cm) and I noticed adidas’ size 7.5 US is actually labeled 40.67 EU. Maybe this is the reason it’s a tad bit long.
    I don’t own a Predator 18.1 but I got to try one at my local outlet store and they fit the same. I tried on a size 7.5 US and there was about a half inch of dead space still.

*** I’ve owned an adidas in a size 7 US (40 EU, 25cm) but it was too small. I got toenail bruises once I started playing in them.

12. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Yep definitely..... and the Adidas UK8.5 is really a UK8.

I've had my feet measured in a Foot Locker and was told I am a UK8. All my Umbro, Mizuno, and Nike* trainers and football boots are currently a UK8, but my Adidas are all UK8.5. Interestingly every single pair in every brand are marked as US9, so I think US sizing is a bit more consistent across brands and I've started to use that instead of UK sizing if I am unsure as to what size I should order.

* - although I don't have Nike football boots, just trainers

(btw - I've also recently noticed that Diadora sizing is the same as Adidas)

Oli Coultas repped this.
  13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think with the summer coming up I will risk going up half a size because the socks I wear in the summer are quite thick. I can just about wear them with my current Predator size but they are so snug. I think if I get more predators I’m going to go up half a size again with the summer coming up and hot feet etc . I love the size I’ve got now but I can only wear very thin socks with them and in the summer I’ll be wanting to wear white sports socks. I’d go a full size up but I remember someone saying that they found the predators elements creased funny and were uncomfortable.

I’ve never wanted to own the X before but I love the new spearmint colour that’s been released I think Adidas have done an amazing job on them after the disappointment of the blue predators they have brought out I would of liked a bit of a lighter shade being as they have already brought out a few dark boots.

Thanks for everyone’s help!!

appleCORR

14. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    So the X will look like an F50 while the Preds look like Aces. Adidas seems a bit confused lately.

15. 2k2tii

2k2tii Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Anybody wear fg/ag purespeeds on turf?

If so, how does the toe box hold up?

16. FattyPillow

FattyPillow New Member

Inter Milan
    Hong Kong
    Apr 10, 2017
    Which boot models of past and present of Adidas that have officially stated to be both FG and AG compatible?

17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    They generally don’t hold up as well as they should be. You start to feel very little sole separation in which the edge of the soleplate becomes apparent when it should be completely fused on its edges.
    I reckon the X 17+ is more durable because I own the X 16+ and it feels flimsy and fragile.

I also had a teammate who used the Ace 17+ Purecontrol on AG and the soleplate just separated from the start of the toebox to about 3 inches into the rest of the shoe. He used the boots exclusively for about half a season.

I hope I made sense!

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Starting from around 2010 they started using FG soleplates that looks very similar to the FG/AG ones we have today.
    The Ace 15 and X 15 lines officially started that though, I think.

19. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I've got the X17+ and they're pretty alright so far on turf surfaces. a little more grip than i would prefer but still decent. No signs of any damage either. 1 of the kids i coach has got the X16+ and while there are some minor scuff marks on his (green turbo charge pack) its mostly cosmetic.

now about the Ace 17+ Purecontrols. I'm fully sold that the black colourway had a defect in the batch as mine and a couple of kids who got the 17.1s in the same colourway had sole separation in like 3 months or so.

In contrast this other kid of mine who had it in the ocean blue pack has been using it nearly exclusively since it launched and has no problems with ANY separation whatsoever. bloody hell.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    apologise for the double post but... is this a joke?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what nonsense collar is that LOL. even though its cut on the other side it feels so.. unnecessary.

derbyyank13, gusgorman and Jaxinho repped this.
  21. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    @jayc23 seeing as they can no longer innovate on this model, they just called it a day at “let’s make the collar higher!”
    Pretty silly at this point.

22. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Adidas is making all the wrong moves, yet again.

I really, really want to get back into Adidas boots, but nothing they make is getting me excited anymore. Are they too stubborn to admit they made a mistake you think? Imagine Adidas having a line up closer to what Nike is currently doing, what a dream that would be.

A real Predator (Leather or not, the rubber zones are a must have) to compete with the Magista.

Get the 11pro back. A classic leather boot with modern innovation. Considering how many pros get their boots modified with leather uppers or use older models (most notably Kroos), this seems like a given. And if you look at how popular the Tiempo Legend is, I think it becomes even clearer that it's a big market for it.

A proper speed boot - Something fast and flashy. All the newest innovations goes on here. The X as it is right now just seems like a weird middle ground.
    I feel like Adidas was really on to something that could rival the Mercurial with their last pair of F50's. Both in terms of performance and looks.

The Nemesiz...eh, I don't know what to make of this one really. I think three main silos are enough for giving most people a favourite, where each is different from the next. Just scrap it.

I also think Adidas would make massive amounts of money if they started making their own Premier. An affordable, classic, no-frills boot. Full leather upper obviously.
    The Copa Glora or whatever just doesn't cut it.

Sorry for the essay, I got a bit carried away there. I just want my favourite brand to be great again...

TRIXTA805, appleCORR7, jayc23 and 3 others repped this.
  23. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a very similar opinion, I already posted it here I think a year ago.
    Spot on !

Jaxinho and MRBA repped this.
  24. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    No need to apologise, it was a good post! I'm sure alot of people agree.

MRBA repped this.
  25. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Wouldn’t hurt to fix their sizing too! Their UK sizing is off and i’m normally a size 7.5 US but for some reason a size 7.5 US in adidas is more like a 7.75... Maybe because their size 7.5 US is not only listed as 7 UK but also 40 2/3 EU as opposed to 40 1/2.

gusgorman repped this.