Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    For anyone who’s bought any old Predator: do the rubber elements lose grip? I found that on my Predator Instinct the right boot has ‘less’ grip than the left. It now feels more plastic than rubber.

Any thoughts? Maybe someone has tips/tricks how to get the grip back?

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never owned the Instincts but I do remember the rubber on the LZ1/2 feeling more ‘waxy’ than like rubber on the 2s especially they went plastic like after you’d worn them a few times. Maybe Adidas were just trying to save money on a boot they saw as a dying breed back then. Not sure how you’d get them back to having some grip though.

BTW does anyone know the released date for the cold blooded pack? I read end of January early Feb online. Just wondered if anyone had an exact date?

appleCORR

Jaxinho repped this.
  3. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Its 2/1 here in Japan for the release date

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read about that time too.

I would have thought more Predator players would have made the switch by now because its not giving Adidas much promotion if they leave it any longer. Surely most players are going to switch to this pack? this is the colour I've been most excited about since it was leaked right when the Predator made it's come back.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Having a clear out and have found an old pair of Copas. They've prob been worn less than 10 times, but are half a size too big for me and have a split in the upper courtesy of a friendly tackle with metal studs :)

I was going to throw them out - but do any of you think its a good idea to give them to a charity shop? You'd get away with wearing them a few more times before the split got any worse.

Just seems a shame to throw that nice leather away - or maybe they've done their job - they protected my foot at the time :)

7. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really hoping that Adidas would have used this colorway for all their boots in their World Cup pack so that it would look like all their sponsored players were in Predators, from the stands. I think it would have been a nice welcome back to the game for the Predator...
    [​IMG]

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    leather preds ones are out in Singapore, can't tell if collar is shorter though

Attached Files:

9. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    sorry for the double post! but heres confirmation that the leather versions have a shorter collar than the synthetic ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I bought a pair of the poop colored Predator 18+, arriving Friday. I'll post a review when they arrive.

Jaxinho repped this.
  11. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    My initial thoughts on the 18+.

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very, did I mention very difficult to put on the first time.

Once they were on my feet they felt pretty good. The heel is very tight on initial wear but that's probably to be expected with a laceless boot. This is my first laceless boot. I've been wearing Mizuno Morelia Neos exclusively for about five years.

First impressions are that they're very comfortable and will mold to your foot pretty easily. I don't think I'd recommend them for someone with a wide, flat foot. I have a high arch and medium to slightly trending wide feet and they're about maxed out for me.

I won't be able to get out and really test them with a ball for a bit, I live in New Jersey and it's February. It's either 20F and windy or 50F and raining at the moment unless it's snowing.

I really like the colorway in person in all of it's baby poop after eating pureed carrots glory.

appleCORR7, jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  12. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    not on manias. it was pretty thick and deep rubber grooves. like actual rubber. i think after maybe about powerswerve series it was gimmicks and nostalgia. but after manias they def were less effective. with manias it actually worked to some extenet.

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm glad it's not just me who has trouble getting the new Predators on. They are ridiculous! They just need a loop on the back. I can get them on now with a shoe horn but if I didn't have that I'd be stuck!

appleCORR

14. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm going to return my pair, they're just too tight in the forefoot. I'll be picking up a pair a half size bigger to see if that helps but I think I'm leaning toward the laced version either way.

I like the feel of my boots to be a very specific way and I'm worried I won't be able to get that without laces.

15. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I never thought I would describe an all white boot as ugly but here we are. Those are shockingly bad looking. They look like orthopedic shoes.

Jaxinho repped this.
  16. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I’d suggest just sticking w/your Neo’s...it’s a better boot by a thousand percentage points.

1) Low cut (subjectively I feel this is better).
    2) Leather (sorry, not subjective...it’s just better than plastic or knit)
    3) Made in Japan by hand (again, not subjective...superior all around)
    4) Has a tongue (again, just better).

The new Preds are pretty cool looking, but they are curbing costs by knitting the upper and calling it innovative when it’s just a way to sell the materials at a higher margin.

Knit uppers are lovely for casual wear, but high demand cutting sports, not so much....that isn’t to say they can’t be used and used well, but they are still inferior to leather despite all the marketing bullshit Nike and adidas stuff in our faces.

kelani9, 23ninety, jayc23 and 3 others repped this.
  18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Pangu and newone88 repped this.
  19. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

if prices weren't crazy i'd have liked to get a pair to try out.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I absolutely agree. Felt the same about the Precision re-release

jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mine are the laced version after having trouble with my feet slipping around the Ace’s I decided to go with the laced version and they are amazing you get the same sock feel but have the lock down of a normal boot I’m really happy I went with them.

Mine are quite snug too. As I said I did have to purchase a small shoe horn to help me get the boots on every time I wear them but once they are on they are a really nice fit. Granted I can only wear certain sorts of socks for example I wouldn’t be able to wear my Trusox with these boots as the foot of the sock would be too thick. I did think about going up half a size or even a size but remembered people saying they felt creases in the boot on the wrong part of their foot and they became uncomfortable. That doesn’t happen with the size I’m wearing now they feel like a pair of slippers so maybe wearing a thinner sock its just a sacrifice I’ll have to make to get such a nice fit.

I’ve just come back from football actually I’ve been wearing the cold blooded pack there. and was thinking that I’m back in the boot I started off with many moons ago. I kind of feel privileged to have worn the original predators and of lot of famous red tongue’d boots along the way. As I’m getting close to maybe retiring from football there is something nice about going full circle.

I think if you opt for the lace pair you won’t be disappointed.

appleCORR

23ninety, Pangu and Jaxinho repped this.
  22. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cold anyone tell me how the old adipure fits? I tried on the 11pro and had to go 1/2 size down from my usual adidas sizing.

Does the adipure fit the same as the 11pro?

23. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Energy Mode

Team Mode

Spectral Mode

24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Depends on the adipure model but in the first two I wore a half size down compared to the 11pro