Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1626 Dr. Boots, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    It's only $190.00 USD, not bad honestly...and that is excluding VAT.

First pair I've seen on eBay in FG happen to be my size for $800.00, not that I wouldn't do it, but I have a feeling the prices will drop a tad as the secondary market floods. Will wait and see...either way it will be expensive.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    What size? Adidas still has several sizes available here...

3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Adidas advertises that they will also release the Preds on Friday? Maybe their website? I'm not sure I understand. Anyway not that i'm super interested. Might cop the Flyknit Ultras though, as they are cheaper and (I assume) are less hyped compared to these modern Predators.

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry for the double-post and the random question but is the Nemeziz 17.1 a significant upgrade over the Messi 16.1? I noticed Germany's Timo Werner reverted back to his copper Messi 16.1.
    I'm more of a Ronaldo over Messi fan but if the boots are alright then I won't mind the Messi logos on some of them :D

5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Edit: all gone but it took several hours for them to sell out here.

Pangu repped this.
  6. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    definitely more expensive than last time but i don't think they are as limited. Either that or the interest isnt there.

7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Well most limited edition boots don't sell out quickly here. Even the Manias and the Gold Tottis were online for several hours before they sold out.

8. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    It's crazy how fast the preds are sold out but can't help it, the color is great and well, its a vintage boot brought back once again. Adidas has surely made alot of money for this and ... really quick.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  9. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'm sure the scalpers will as well. Already saw a guy selling a pre-order here for $700!

jayc23 repped this.
  10. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Yup, not surprised that some buyers went to ebay and sell it at triple or quadruple, 5 times, etc the price! But there will definitely be buyers (who are willing to spend that kind of money).

(minus the 3rd listing/white pair of predator but the price tho ... still)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I had a look this afternoon they were available for a pre-order on prodirect but £300?! They are nice but from someone who's getting quite old now and remembers them being £59.99 back in the day I'd just refuse to pay that out of principle even if I could get a pair.

appleCORR

Pangu repped this.
  12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1637 Dr. Boots, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    11.5US

Was at work when you posted...had to go make the money to blow on these when and if I decide it is worth it. Haha.

Dithered on the turfs and missed out via Unisport this morning at 5AM. Oh well...FG going for $1500.00 on eBay now in my size, along w/$750.00. I would consider the latter if some reviews are really strong, but if I am going to drop $1500 on shoes, it will be for a pair of Edward Green's or similar "lifetime" shoes like these: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Fawsley-Captoe-Bals/MH00057,default,pd.html

derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    For anyone in California, be warned, soccer.com and adidas.com will not ship this shoes to CA because it has Kangaroo leather upper. Big bummer since they are hard to come by anyway, let alone have another obstacle like the CA law against all kangaroo leather goods.

14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

well, Messi's apparently using a heavily modified nemeziz 17.1 that looks more or less like his Messi 16.1's techwise so i guesss you have your answer there HAHA.

Weston hasn't released them right? Unsure if I really want to be blowing $500 ish on this.

15. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    IMG_2263.JPG

just got a pair of nemeziz agility+ tf.
    loved how it looks and i wore it for a full friendly game out of the box with no problem. took 10 mins of running to soften up the sole. it does slip a little when i turn too hard. i think getting some better socks (non slip ones) can improve it a bit.

vanjory and derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. 2k2tii

2k2tii Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Do you have (recent) personal experience with this?

If so, do you have written proof that either of these websites canceled your order?

Thanks.

17. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Yep. Here is what upper management at soccer.com told and also confirmed by phone with their sales people

"
    In compliance with a California law that prohibits the shipment of certain leather types, we have begun to restrict the shipment of certain shoes.
    "

Same on Adidas website, just try to add a copa and your CA shipping address adn you will get something similar to this image

adi.jpg

18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah sorry about that!

I agree. Heck you might as well fly to Italy and go to Pantofola D'Oro's factory and have some custom made for you at that price!

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Funny you say that, I was about to type out something almost verbtium re: Italy. I'd probably hit Akuna as well being that it's right there.

When in..errr, Ascoli Piceno?

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    PM me...I'm more than happy to act as a proxy for you. Ship to me, I'll ship to you. I need to dry run my FedEx biz accont that I am setting up tmw anyway.

jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Good point. Hahah yeah! Do as the Ascoli Picenians do?

22. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Than you for your generous offer, I appreciate it :)
    Fortunately, we have an east coast office and I can ship things there and they will ship things to me on the west coast via our weekly FedEx mail run.
    The issue will be is to get my hand on one :)

23. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm really bummed out about this limited Precision release.

They are literally my dream boot. I've been saying to myself how I wish the older Preds came with round studs, so I could pick up a few pairs from Ebay. And here is a almost 1:1 remake, WITH rounded studs, but for a ridiculous price.

I just can't justify spending around £350 for a pair...

24. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    The worst part is the scalpers. Boots like these should end up in a boot collector's trophy cabinet or should become a true baller's workhorse boot, and not some sneakerhead scalper who recently discovered the gold mine that is limited edition football boots.

25. 2k2tii

2k2tii Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, I sincerely appreciate it. I am located in California so I ended up changing my order for a size 9us in the predator precision FG and Turf to a friends address in Nevada.

Very kind of you. I didn't end up needing to take you up on this offer, but I'm sure some will. I'll keep you in mind for the future.