Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    holy crap, 10/10 would buy that if its not another super limited edition nonsense again

Jaxinho and gusgorman repped this.
  2. Bat-Trick

Bat-Trick New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I want those precision turfs so bad! Anyone have ANY idea of a release date? I need to snipe a pair when they come out! Those look like my ideal turf boot and that's pretty much 90% of what i play!

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think I have wanted a boot or boots (FG and TF) as much as I have wanted these Preds in a long, long time.

I really hope adidas keeps going this route vs. the synthetic non-sense.

newone88, peridz, derbyyank13 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    This is so close to a dream come true.
    The only thing they need to do now is to anounce these are going to be NOT limited!
    Adidas I beg you!

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    C'mon it's Adidas they are going to release about 100 pairs! :(

They do look amazing though I have to say I've never been one for remakes but these ones look really good!

appleCORR

derbyyank13 and jayc23 repped this.
  6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone have any experience with the Purecontrol Tango turf or indoors? I managed to snag the new magnetic storm Purecontrols for $90 on sale the other day. I'm a little nervous as I haven't worn Adidas in a while so I'm hoping the 9.5 size I usually wear in Vapors is right.

This is my first foray into laceless boots. Anyone with Purecontrols...how do you like the fit? Any problems with sizing or lockdown?

7. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    it fits pretty true to size but due to the laceless fit it REALLY REALLY REALLY depends on how your foot shape is. if you're lucky and it fits you well that's great. It fits me decently but 1 of my last toes keeps on feeling cramped whenever i use it. doesn't quite happen with the 17.1s so i know its just the pure controls.

If you got it on sale, that's great and alright i guess. but if anyone's thinking of it i wouldn't recommend it at all considering the price.

if it fits your foot well, the lockdown and sizing is pretty decent. I'm not sure how that would translate for a smaller game that has alot more cuts and turns though.

MizzouMUFC repped this.
  8. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    The Adidas precision remakes made me think about what would we say 15-20 years from now when one of the big companies release another remake. Would we hear people say the Majistas were the best boot they ever used or something like we miss the flykint and high collar on the superfly or the lace-less Ace was the best invention of the century or we miss Kangaroo leather boots since our invading space overlords outlawed the use of animal skin in making shoes
    :)

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have say I'm not a massive fan of the Adidas laceless boots. Maybe I got the wrong size (I went true to size in the 17.1) but my foot just slid all over the place. I know they've tweeked the design so maybe they are better now. Over all I was disappointed. Just glad I managed to pick up a cheap pair or I would have been annoyed!

appleCORR

jayc23 repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was able to snag them 50% off and I can always return if the fit seems poor.

11. RE17

RE17 New Member

West Brom
    England
    Jul 20, 2017
    It looks like Adidas might be bringing back the Predator line.

Predator 18.1 Core Black
    Predator 18.1 Black/White/Solar Red
    Predator 18.1 Trace Olive
    Predator 18.1 White/Black/Red

All available in 18.3 models too so not limited editions.

RRP £180-£200

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone get a drop date for these Pred Precision remakes? I am getting an itchy trigger finger.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    August? Possibly? I could be wrong.

14. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have had enough of these stupid yearly cycles! Come on go back to a two year refresh and put more effort into the innovation and designs as before!

Also get rid of the numbers from the names! Go back to either straight numbers like the adipure and tiempos or have model names like mania and absolute and instinct!

Also are they all four colours on launch or only four colourway in total?

15. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    The best bit about the numbers is the bit after the decimal point, ie being about to work out what tier the boot is. Its far too confusing when the take downs have different names.

So whatever happens if they keep that feature I'll be happy.

serginhobertholi and jayc23 repped this.
  16. RE17

RE17 New Member

West Brom
    England
    Jul 20, 2017
    I'm not sure, I would imagine 2 for launch date, 1 more released a month or two later and then core black around end of season/pre season. I'd be surprised if you saw many core black on the pitch. This is just what I think though so it might not be right.

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Agreed. Everyone needs to be on a two year cycle at the very least.

18. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Footy headlines has a 2018 pred leak out.... Probably not what we wanted, but definitely what we expected. Essentially just an ace 18.1

jayc23 repped this.
  19. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    i love some of the comments in the article - #NotMyPredator. PRETENDER.

sigh, this nonsense really just cements Adidas as quite the money grabber for football boots at least. first that whole Purecontrol 17+ fiasco, then now this, an Ace that they rebranded as Predator simply because sales were crap. Was it really so difficult to at least stitch on some rubber elements on it?

21. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh no ! no! NO ! NOOOOOOOOOOO! F U adidas !

Jaxinho repped this.
  22. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    What a joke and a slap in the face to the customers, IMO.

Just keep the Predator name on the shelf until you design a whole new boot, ffs.

23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If that is the new Predator... please, Adidas... don't mess with our feelings....

24. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Well the first Ace was more like a Predator than the other models so maybe it fits that first of the new Preds is an Ace. I'm not too bothered to be honest, but then again I don't have much Predator nostalgia aside from the original model.