Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    That analogy is poor.

A better analogy would be if I had a car that I used to shuttle 2 kids around in, and then companies started building cars made with plastic (or some other weaker material). Then I said these cars were a disgrace, and people started telling me that if I need more protection in my car maybe I should drive on safer roads or become more skillful at avoiding crashes.

jihado86 repped this.
  2. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I haven't been injured because I went back to playing in proper boots! But FWIW I play in about the most friendly Sunday league available in the UK.

3. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    haha i dunno i like my analogy better. cars used to be metal, they are now made from plastic like materials. safety ratings have gone up. but the point i was making is that flyknit boots arent made to be protective. so they arent made for you (people who need protection), just like motorcycles arent made for people who need to shuttle their kids around.

pretty much every time you get stepped on in an attempt to win the ball, it is a foul. if you are coming home with your feet all slashed up, everyone on the field is really clumsy, or the ref is just letting you get hacked up

jayc23 repped this.
  4. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I'm in Ireland, play in similarly muddy wet pitches each season where SG studs are a necessity during the winter months. Never had any issue wearing Superflys or Obras with protection. The superflys are lightweight but as other posters have said, your league must be especially bad for challenges if you're coming away from each game that badly injured. I've also worn Copas in the past and the cuts and bruises I get from the game haven't changed with the newer boots.

jayc23 repped this.
  5. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    think about it this way. you wear a pair of shiny magista or lime green superfly on the field. people will tackle you.
    versus wearing a good ole pair of k leather copa that everyone respect.
    i know i will be the first to slide tackle someone studs up if theyre wearing shiny boots lol.

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One thing to note...he might play in a very friendly league w/minimal intentional hacks and hatchet men, but that doesn't mean even the best intentioned people have the ability to stop on command or great body control. It tends to happen in amateur leagues, even good ones as players age and play less.

jayc23 repped this.
  7. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    That's actually a valid point. I do find more injuries more injuries happen in co-ed or recreational leagues where there are a lot of new players.

That's nice of you, tough guy.

8. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original Precision was one of my favorite Predators, it's a shame that these will likely be limited editions...

[​IMG]

Dr. Boots, derbyyank13 and Jaxinho repped this.
  9. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And that exactly they are: Limited Editions. Not sure on the exact number of pairs, I know they're not numbered but at least it appears to be leather!

10. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I am tempted I have to admit, but I think a retail price of US$ 330 is beyond ridiculous. Personally not a big fan of their current Sprintframe outsole because I find it too rigid and the shape never fit me right (size 7.5 is too small, 8 is too long).
    How long will adidas play the Predator remake and laceless games?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  11. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    #1561 gusgorman, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Yes thats the point I'm making too :)

Please re-read my posts. I haven't had any injuries. You could play for 100 hours without getting hacked but eventually someone will foul you or step on you, accidentally or otherwise. In my opinion it makes sense to wear boots which are designed to cope with that.

But theres no point going on about this otherwise we''ll bore everyone to death. We both agree that flyknit boots aren't made to be protective. I think thats unacceptable, but you like them.

12. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    I've found that the new magista offer me way more protection than any leather boot I've worn. They are super padded on the inside and tough on the outside.

jayc23, gusgorman and Jaxinho repped this.
  13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I noticed that too. The Obra II upper is actually stiffer than a broken-in Opus II with the Kanga-Lite.

jayc23 repped this.
  14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How far beyond? Absurd, laughable, farcical, ludicrous?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Useful to know, thanks. (Although NIkes boots tend to be the wrong shape for my feet unfortunately)

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #1566 appleCORR7, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Getting things back on topic those Slate Blue predators were a beautiful colourway. Really underrated at the time but I loved mine especially in the FG sole plate they looked amazing!

Have to say that I'm disappointed that they haven't put the little rubber 'equipment' on the heel of th boot they do look like one of the better re-makes to me though. I like them much better than The Manias.

appleCORR

peridz, Pangu and derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I agree. I was at school in the UK when these came out and we had a couple of adidas sponsored players (and well as plenty of rich kids who got the newest boots) and I always wanted to have these. My favourite Preds

Pangu repped this.
  18. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My slate blue precisions dont have the rubber 'equipment' on the heel. I believe they stopped doing that when they released the precision II.
    I wish the sole plate was white on these remakes with red studs. That would have done it for me.

They say Mid july release. Any ideas guys?!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It was supposed to be late August/Early September originally.

20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Sorry for the double post. Completely forgot this is a thing too.
    [​IMG]

peridz and Pangu repped this.
  21. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beautiful!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  22. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    question is. how many people can actually get their hands on the precision remake. #maniaremake

derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Less than 1000... I think so...

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahh you could be right about the equipment thing on the heel. I gave mine away back in the day so can't check. If I kept all my boots I wouldn't be able to move!

The FG versions definitely looked better than the SG. That white sole with red rubber studs was amazing and there was no way those studs were wearing down for anything! I think you could of worn them on concrete and they would have held up!

I think the Slate Blue were a bit underrated because they were the last colour released in the Precision line (if I remember rightly) so I don't think they were out for too long before the Mania was released. They had a lovely shine on that blue leather though. Other than the plastic adidas stripes that tended to crack these boots were beautifully crafted.

Not surprised Adidas wanted to re-release the Precision but I am surprised they've chosen this colour. You think they'd have gone with the silver or the CL colourway. The white ones were definitely an iconic boot for Becks!

appleCORR

peridz, derbyyank13 and Pangu repped this.
  25. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    White Precisions were really cool looking. Definitely my favorite of the fold down tongue Preds.

derbyyank13 repped this.