Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    why dont you call their customer service?

2. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Because I'm complaining about specific aspects of the design of a boot and I don't think someone in a call centre would be able to comment or help.

3. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    What do you expect? Them to reply to everyone who complains about something? Come on, Nothing is going to change regardless.

4. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    No not necessarily - depends on what the complaint is. I didn't just moan at them, I wrote them a 2 page letter with some constructive criticism. It wouldn't take much to send back a small acknowledgment, especially to the email. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience with them, thats why I asked the question,.

5. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    So are you ok with the compression tongue?
    Not a fan myself (which is an understatement)

derbyyank13 repped this.
  6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Don't mind the compression tongue. I think the leather on the mid foot is a bit too thick. For me though I like it better than any of the AdiPures except for the very first generation

gusgorman repped this.
  7. JuhGk24

JuhGk24 Member

Dec 16, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Adidas Dust Storm Pack. Weird that the Copa and new X have different colorway than Ace and Nemeziz. I have to say that the Nemeziz looks like its going to be much better boot than the X.

8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It feels nicer. The 17.1 Nemeziz feels miles better than the X 17.1 and the heel lock down on the Nemeziz is incredible

9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Fair enough. For me having a thin fabric/elastic tongue down the middle of a leather boot is criminal. No way I'd wear it in a competitive game (due to lack of protection). Also I'm not convinced by the "compression" element caused by the elastic... it restricts circulation a bit.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah I mean I've worn mine for practices but for games I stick to my Mizunos.

jayc23 and gusgorman repped this.
  11. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Wow I've not been here on BS for a long time! Gota say I'm lovin' the new look/rebrand on BS! :cool:

With the new Nemeziz boot, I wonder hows the elasticity/stretchability of it is. I definitely don't fit the adult boots, but just looking at the lace-less version, or if anyone has test worn it, do you think it will become loose overtime as you wear it? Especially as you put it on and remove it after a practise/game, etc.

12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Welcome back!!
    I only tried on the samples but they had some of the best lock down I have felt on any boot. I haven't played in them though.

vanjory repped this.
  13. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    AFL player wearing the Ne Jason Johannisen the Nemeziz

upload_2017-5-26_23-22-37.png

14. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think you guys will like these

Kakari Light
    155237-1.jpg
    Predator Malice Control
    155291.jpg

Zizou15 and serginhobertholi repped this.
  15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1465 Dr. Boots, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    I am intrigued by the laced version. Heel lockdown and forfoot fit are two of the most vital areas for my crtical analysis - along w/toe box shape/height - of comfort, fit and playability...especially in synthetic boots that are mostly fixed in their shape/lasting.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The toe box looks lower compared with other boots but I actually tried on the 17.1s as well and the heel lock down felt spot on for those too. Now I don't play synthetic boots, well ever but based on other synthetic boots I have tried on (Obra, Vapor, Superfly, Ace and even the X) these felt up there with the best. I will say that the PureChaos is a more comfortable boot but the lock down feels better in the Nemeziz.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like Messi is wearing the laced version.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Was always going to I think. The Adidas guys I talked to several months ago said they were going to talk with him and his guys about wearing the laceless. Messi will always go the way he wants.

jayc23 repped this.
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Makes sense he can get what he wants just like Ronaldo can with Nike & lots of people still wear full collared SF so I'm sure the laceless ones will be popular - just wish that there was some kind of cap on what boot companies could charge for boots these days because it's getting stupid!

appleCORR

Pangu repped this.
  20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hear ya...there are a few synthetics that I'll toy around with, but I am pretty much wearing (leather) boots just for coaching and some light demo work. Knee isn't able to handle games right now, but should be fixed soon, actually using Guessipie Rossi's surgeon in a few weeks for an ACL revision and cartilage work (couple surgeries, but will be worth it). This is the surgeon that saved his career, not the one that f'ed it up w/the initial ACL that failed, lol.

newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah you just can beat leather.

Yikes that's brutal! At least you have a great surgeon! That's gonna be a rough rehab man.

jayc23 repped this.
  22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm lucky I found Dr. Singleton; he fixed Rossi's last issue on the knee that has been destroyed over time and then when he was finally getting back to being a threat, Rossi tore his other ACL a few months back. Been following the recovery via Rossi's social media and he's doing great considering he's about 40 days out of surgery.

The art cart fix is going to be the hard part just b/c of the restrictions; but that is stage two, if I even want it when they put in the new ACL. The initial surgery will clean out all the scar tissue and take out the failed graft in there now, which the root cause of the scar and malfunction (it's incorrectly placed). My problem is very much like Strootman's issue that he got fixed, if you followed that. Given that I didn't have a second tear it will be less traumatic.

I'm still pretty functional considering my knee doesn't work right; I can deadlift over 500; squat over 400, and run 40 yards in about 4.5 seconds. I ran it lower than that in my prime, but I was about 180lbs and injury free then. I'm built much more like a rugby player or gridiron running back now at (an intentional) 225 -230 lbs. If I can play w/the college kids in training, kick in a semi-pro football league again, and play some old man beer league soccer, I will be happy.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Geez. Knees are no joke man. I've been trying to make all of my muscles around my knees stronger so they can hold up better.

At least you can get everything cleared up. Hopefully you can come back stronger!

Damn that's pretty hardcore. Sounds like you are built more like a tank now!! Whatever it takes to keep playing man it will be worth it!!
    Good luck!!!!!

jayc23 repped this.
  24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I can direct you to the best stuff I have found to do as much injury prevention as possible via strength training and correct posture/position through planes of movement.

It's more like patched up and worked around, but that is way better than totally left to rot.

Yeah, I frequently get asked where I played football these days. They aren't talking about proper football. Ha.

PDL24DCP and derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah! That would be super helpful thank you. I've been trying to nurse my patella back recently. Took a knock to the knee in training.

Very true. At least you can do activities.

Haha well that's understandable.

Sorry for taking us so far off topic!