Adidas Thread [16] - all info, pics and new here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    How do people size on 17+ Purecontrol say to the likes of the predator instincts (im playing in atm). Looking at pairs on ebay and not sure what size i should go with them, I normally wear 11 in nikes but playing a 11.5 in Predators.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Were you looking at the red and black ones or the new design?

appleCORR

3. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Was looking at Red and black and new design, leaning towards new design as they look like a better fit/lockdown.

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    chivamex10, newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The new ones definitely have a better lock down from comments I've seen on here. I've got the red and black ones and the red elasticated part of the boot does stretch after a few wears. I'd say if you go for those go half a size down or a full size down if you want a very snug fitting boot with total lockdown.

But from what I've seen on here the newer version are much much better so maybe grab a pair of those

As I always say this is just my opinion and how the red/black boots fit me it's always best to try them on if you can and this is a boot a recommend you do it's a funny fit.

appleCORR

jayc23 and Corkin23 repped this.
  6. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Should buy two at that price!

7. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    See the 16+ pure control on PDS for £120, color way from the speed of light pack, shame they only have size 12 left now which i think will be too big, normally a 12 in adidas but pure control from what apple said needs to be snug.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  8. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Yesterday I lied my hands on Copa 17.1. The skin on those is silky smooth, much softer than Copa Mundial. I will definitely get them once they start discounting them.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I went with a 7 purely because I got mine for £150 off eBay but if I'd had the chance to try them on (although the Adidas store by me never seems to have them in stock) I would have gone smaller but I can make do with what I have for that price in the colourway I wanted. Just have to make sure I have some thicker socks on to prevent my feet from sliding around.

appleCORR

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post - Does anyone else think that the Primeknit on the 2.0s are better than the one on the Pure Control 17+? I have to admit I haven't worn my 2.0 for quite a while and I was just packing my football bag for tomorrow and dug them out because I wanted to compare the upper to the 17+ and it is so much thinner! It reminds me of the upper on the neon yellow HV (the 'new' ones that had no number!) where you could push your thumb over the upper and it was super soft like butter!

I don't have a lot of experience with Primeknit (I've worn Nike boots for YEARS) and these are the only other Adidas boots I actually own. But as much as I love the 'ping' you get from the 17+ Flyknit I wish the upper was like the one on the 2.0 it just feels a much better quality.

If I do go and play some football on my own I'll do a bit of freestyle and take some shots at the crossbar. I can't complain about the crossbar side of things with how nice the 17+ can strike a ball - its the freestyle where you need that bounce from the upper it's a bit too thick and dampens your touch on the ball. Which maybe is what this upper is supposed to do. But for me, if they had that 2.0 upper on there, wow what a boot they would be!!

appleCORR

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I assume you mean Primeknit on the purecontrol 17+? I'm getting confused lol

I think its how the entire upper is structured. Lack of lace lockdown means that the primeknit forefoot probably couldn't be as roomy or soft due to lack of proper lockdown so its a little more structured

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes thats what I mean lol - sorry for not being clear!

I just think Adidas cut a few corners thats all. They could quite have easily have put that the softer flyknit on but it would have meant making adjustments to the rest of the boot to solve the lockdown issue, which they now seem to have done or attempted to make it better.

appleCORR

13. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think that's a bit unfair - Purecontrol is, first and foremost, laceless and couldn't use the same upper as the 2.0's without compromising on stability.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #1314 appleCORR7, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    I'll take that - as I said I haven't worn too many Adidas boots since the predator days. Just would have liked a softer upper (it might get softer over time) But I'm glad you've worn both boots too and value your input! Didn't think about stability issues but you are right it would give the boot even less lock down.

appleCORR

15. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    i have a pair of flyknit ace for indoor and i never liked it. i prefer the softer synthetic on the x much more. flykbit feels weird.

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    flyknit and ace on same phrase....? maybe that's why... hehehe

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  17. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I received my glitch football boots this week - got to say they were well packaged..

I was worried about getting laceless boots due to possible slippage but after 10 minutes trying to get them on (lol) they were snug but comfortable! No slippage at all but my arches did start to hurt after a while, easy to clean too!

Attached Files:

Space bar and derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey everyone. So I just got my first pair of Copa Mundial Boots from Pro Direct Soccer. After my first training session with them, the toe on the left boot had a slight separation and got a few clumps of grass in it. I was wondering if this is normal for a lot of Copas early on and if so will it remain at only a slight separation of the sole for a while? I can't return them because I've used them now so does anyone know of any remedies that I could do to fix the separation? Should I just take them to a shoe repairer to get them resealed?

19. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That happened to me I just cleaned it out and used superglue and it's been fine ever-since

20. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cleaning and care instructions that come with adidas boots say that minor sole separation is normal for natural leather boots. I grew up wearing Copas and always had slight separation at the toe. I never found it to be an issue of the sole plate bond failing and pulling away because of the rivets at the toe. I always just picked the grass and dirt out of the toe when I cleaned my Copas after wearing them and never worried about it.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Same happened with me - I didn't even used super glue I just kept on wearing them. All part of the breaking in process.

appleCORR

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is normal...get the dirt out of there w/a dull object and leave them be. Leather boots shape after use, this is what happens when your boots aren't plastic garbage or yarn.

serginhobertholi, gusgorman and Zaghe repped this.
  23. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm going to go pick up some super glue tomorrow anyway just for peace of mind. I hadn't had any other separation with leather boots before so this was just a bit concerning. Loving the boots by the way. I've been rotating them between my Nike Premiers and Puma EvoPower 1.3 but I must say they are truly an outstanding boot even after all these years. Hope they keep producing them forever.

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't glue them, it can cause harm to the boot and discomfort on foot if you try it. Other leather boots don't have the toe lip that the Copa does, the rivets and cement will hold it. When most other boots separate they blow out b/c of shitty craftsmanship, not an issue here.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    JC is right.

Just let them mould to your feet and enjoy wearing them. I had holes in the front of my old Copa's and the sole was nowhere near coming off. I'd be more concerned about getting the tongue to lie flat! ;)

appleCORR