Adidas Thread [15] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  2. Matt - Unisportstore

Jul 17, 2013
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    It's not to big up the place I work, I just want to help, but we do actually have quite a lot of Gloro sizes in stock and do ship to Australia.

Just in case you were desperate for a pair :)

3. Gaa Footballer

Mar 25, 2007
    In Ireland guys. Would prob be a bit of a shipping nightmare to get them over to you and back. lol.

4. chris green

chris green Member

Newcastle United
    Aug 13, 2014
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone got any experience owning the Adidas Primeknit 2.0? What are they like in terms of durability?

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've got a pair they are absolutely fantastic boot - Ive worn mine mainly on 3G turf since they came out about 4 months ago? and I've had absolutely no issue with durability. The water proof coating on the upper is quite thick if you were worrying about it wearing away with use. I think you'll be really pleased if you get a pair. Definitely look and performance wise one of the nicest boots I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot) i will say i had to go up a size as i found them very narrow. But once you get the right fit for you, they are wonderful boots.

appleCORR

6. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Agreed.

jayc23 repped this.
  8. ZAKI_TEPY_PL

ZAKI_TEPY_PL Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Shame that you see saying something bad about a brand as a need and not as a justified opinion. Everyone knows that adidas is going downwards and why not connect the dots when telling about that? No matter, I don't care about anyones opinion. Will continue to do what I believe is wright

9. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It's not saying something bad about a brand, it's a personal vendetta at this stage.

Adidas is on a trajectory at the moment, a learning curve, they've been screaming for a revolution for a while now and while I don't think the Predator and F50s needed replacing, they needed something new, fresh and modern.

No previous boots are necessarily at their peak right away. Sometimes it happens, like with the 2010 adizero, but often it takes a few generations to be just right. I'm willing to say that's the case here.

For the record, your dig at adidas in that article did seem personal, rather than sensible.

10. rustic_cheese

rustic_cheese New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Since I recently began training, I thought I'd pick myself a cheaper pair until I get better and ready to move up maybe. Got Adidas X15.4.
    Can't really say much, 'cause I'm not familiar with any other boots. Though the tongue keeps sliding off to the side.

11. FCBayernDFB1613

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never tried to do a whiteout. I suppose it depends on the boot though

12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    would be interested in that! Black boots are nice and all but my feet absolutely burn in them lol.

13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Who is this "everyone"? I agree that some of adidas' products have been divisive but still at least the quality and intent seems to be there. To be honest I think Nike has been going downhill more so than adidas. Yes Nike leads the market but their product quality has dive bombed over the last several years. With the release of the tech craft pack it makes Nike seem in my opinion like they are following trends rather than creating them.

In the end I really think we should be seeing better from both companies. At look at the boots that get put out and think "Really? You have millions for R&D and that's what you came up with???????"

14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

My only gripe with Nike is the ridiculous prices charged for their 'elite' series, at that price they better be handmade and customised to my specifications.

seriously though...

Lets just all get this:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. ZAKI_TEPY_PL

ZAKI_TEPY_PL Member

Nov 16, 2014
    agree with that!!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Your my favourite because you always speak the truth :rolleyes:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am a predator man through and through but i honestly think that Adidas have made a move in the right direction. I have been playing for however long but it is in my coaching that i have seen what people like and wear. In the last couple of years nike has taken a hold of the market and what people have perceived as good boots and good technology.

I don't think that adidas is on the downhill at all. In fact their presence is on the up in top flight football. Having tried both the X and Ace, in my opinion, i think these two boots are good offerings. Nothing groundbreaking like the revolution Adidas speak of, but nonetheless, nothing wrong with them!

jayc23, derbyyank13 and Aaron_cf7 repped this.
  18. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I can double rep that!
    Haha thanks!

jayc23 repped this.
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So are these chrome/lime Xs going to cause uproar? Being as they are possibly one of Nikes most iconic boots? Adidas got cheeky! But I have to say I do like them just wish they went full out on the chrome!

image.jpg

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just got these in today, really looking forward to trying these out! I tried to copy a similar color way to one of my favorite manias
    image.jpg image.jpg

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can't go wrong with red boots in my book. Those look great!

appleCORR

22. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I'm not a fan of flashy boots but they look great.

23. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unfortunately the Australian dollar is not playing fair to buy from overseas at the moment :(