Adidas Thread [14] - Please post all pictures, info, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure what to make of those Adizeros .... But saying that I didn't like the current model (especially the pink/blue which i now thing is awesome) but I don't know they just look a bit cheap. Adidas will no doubt be charing well over £150 for them though.

appleCORR

2. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    +1

how can K-leather not be kangaroo leather :/ if its not an abbreviation for kangaroo, it seems like a lot of effort to deceive us...

3. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I planned on a nice photo session today but it was cold and cloudy all weekend (as of 5 minutes ago its now bright and sunny) so the pics aren't what I hoped for. I'll post more in the pictures of your boots thread. I haven't had a chance to have a kick in them yet but that will happen this week and I'll report back on my thoughts. The inner frame thing is pretty interesting and I'm curious to see how much (if any) these things stretch.
    [​IMG]

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they still look great - nice, simple looking classic boots. I think thats what Adidas need to go back to sometimes when they are coming out with all these whacky colours.

appleCORR

5. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every review I've read (sr4y, footy boots, footy headlines) say that it's kangaroo leather as they all spell it out. As Alex said, seems like a lot of work to deceive us. I personally own a number of old kangaroo leather boots and these seem to look and feel the same. So I'll be sticking to my opinion unless proved otherwise by adidas.

6. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Don't forget it's a split design, the inner side has fluo yellow

7. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it doesn't, I made them. I also opted for the blacked out the middle stripe.
    [​IMG]

jessepv, davidas, gusgorman and 3 others repped this.
  8. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I personally don't understand why anyone would get miadidas boots with the stripes a different colour to the base. Why would you want to promote a multinational company when you don't have to? I don't expect many people to agree but that's just how I see it.

kelani9 repped this.
  9. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'm a bit confused by this statement. How is buying the base color way not promoting the company?

Oli Coultas repped this.
  10. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I meant when the stripes are the same colour as the leather underneath (an option on miadidas). That hides the branding and makes it look sleeker imo.

11. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    but then it's not the design they want, which is why you'd get a miadidas boot. to get that, not to pay the company to hide the branding

b0sk1 repped this.
  12. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's what i'm saying, the design I would want is one that hides the stripes.

13. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats fine and I like black out boots as well. But I wanted yellow so I did yellow. I guess the part that confused me was your point about supporting the company. If you buy boots from Nike, Adidas, or whoever you're going to be supporting them (even if they are blackouts).

Oli Coultas repped this.
  14. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I just feel like giving them my money is enough, I don't want to be a walking billboard for them too.

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

If you really want to get deep....you are actually paying more for a product to pretend not to advertise it when you do miadidas, yet you are advertising it to people in the know because they will spot and recognize that it is a custom colorway. Thus it must be a miadidas boot, which in turn will drive more people to the miadidas site and delve us into the clutches of madness.

kaitoclover, Oli Coultas and Jonny98 repped this.
  16. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Ugh..why did Adidas have to mess up the current ones so much? They will probably fit/feel similarly, but they look hideous. Glad I picked up the white/lime green colorway that just came out.

17. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Thought it the 11pro SL, it has the same colour.

This is my version, didn't go through the whole miAdidas stress:

[​IMG]

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Miadidas wanted you to be a walking billboard for them then they wouldn't offer the option of blackout and whiteout. Plus, isn't the part that you keep going on about on the sole hidden from view most the of the time? or covered in mud/grass.?

I'm not really understanding your argument like everyone else on here.

appleCORR

19. Lievenb

Lievenb Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Anybody in here knows why no pro's are wearing the core black/white/solar red instincts? Been watching a lot of last weeks soccergames and didn't spot any....

Many rich blue white solar green or the black running white infrared though.....

20. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's great that they offer blackout/whiteout (and other solid colour) so much so that I can't see why anyone would want to get three lines in a different colour. And the stripes are not on the sole they are on each side of the upper.

I suppose I just think boots should be plain and one colour, they are functional equipment so why would I want to show off that i'm wearing adidas? If you're walking around shoreditch in some gazelles then fine but who cares about fashion on a football pitch?

21. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because you can create a colourway of the gazelles on your boots, it's great

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  22. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So for your clothes/cars/computers/everyday items that you use, do you just rip off the brand name/logo to stick it to the man?

FCBayernDFB1613 repped this.
  23. DADAMS93

DADAMS93 New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If I was given the customisation option of removing the logo or making it as discrete as possible I would take up that option.

kelani9 repped this.
  24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

DADAMS93
    - I see you are new to the forum (welcome) and maybe you just dont get the jist of it. We are all absolute boot fanatics on here, we love our boots. We love the fact that you can personalise them and certainly don't mind wearing the swoosh or 3 stripes on our boots it not a problem. We see boots as a thing of beauty. We get just as excited over a pair of blackouts as we do over neon yellow & green boots. We just love boots .....

The reason I'm saying all this isn't to make you feel unwelcome on the board but to just let you know this could be an argument that you aren't going to win as much as we love a good debate.

You will fit in great if you can accept that people on here take pride in the logos that come with our boots (maybe not NB/Warrior - joke!) but no ... we certainly are a lot more geeky than you ever thought.

In all seriously ... welcome to the board & maybe we can bring you over to the dark side when comes to brands!

appleCORR (Moderator)

25. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It worries me when I know more about boots that my uni course! Wouldn't change it for the world mind

JEN14 repped this.