Adan martin coronado at HNK Branitelj (bosnia)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by elosoperesosolatino, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Transfermarkt (but no other source I've yet been able to find) says he's returned to Germany, joining TSV Ottersberg for 2013/14.

That team appears to have a player named Lord Hoopmann, which is obviously awesome and, from what I gather, the Germany's #4 brand of basketball apparel.

Testudo repped this.
  2. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Snip:

“I was like: ‘Oh, where’s Azerbaijan?’” Coronado recalls when he learned AZAL, a team in Azerbaijan’s Premier League, was interested in signing him. “I went on Google and said: ‘Where’s this place at?!’ I saw it was under Turkey: ‘Oh, it’s a little further out from home. It’s way over the pond.’”
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/28/americans-abroad-us-soccer-pros

Winoman repped this.
  7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Guardian article says he got to Europe through some sort of talent combine that picked a team and toured German lower division teams.

Those tours seem like rip-offs to me. But I guess Adan "made it."

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    In a general sense, having to pay to play is never a good thing. But for guys who are willing to take opportunities like this -- at small European clubs with limited resources -- they're probably at least as good a deal as a lot of US-based combines. There are also just guys who pack a bag and knock on doors, which can certainly work particularly if you're willing to play at a very low level and work your way up.

Of course, all of those opportunities only work for people who have the means (among other things).

Sometimes opportunity reaches out to talent. Other times, talent has to reach out. The marketplace is a tangled web...

9. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfermarkt says he's out of contract as of January 1.