Adam Ozeri in Israel

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, May 8, 2015.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found by OWTY, Adam Ozeri, US-born and raised, has been with Racing de Avellanada in Argentina since March 2015.

Looks like he is also Israeli and Argentine (basing on his presence in the country) and has gotten into an Israeli camp as well as a US training center. He's a 1998.

http://owhentheyanks.com/2015/05/08/new-jersey-teen-racing-in-argentina/

http://soccerstages.wospac.com/adam-ozeri-moves-inside-the-us-national-soccer-team/

Instagram: https://instagram.com/aozeri/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/aozeri

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    According to his instagram page, he's now with CA Banfield.

Gacm32, USvsIRELAND, Pl@ymaker and 2 others repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US U-19 callup:
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...yer-roster-for-2016-stevan-vilotic-tournament

USvsIRELAND and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Gacm32 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  6. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he is at Banfield we will need the title changed @bungadiri

USvsIRELAND repped this.
  7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    It's a little confusing. Although there is a 5th Division in Argentina (Called Primera D) this designation refers to the second level of the youth ranks, or "divisiones inferiores."

The ranks are

4th - U20s
    5th - U18s
    6th - U17s
    and so on down to ninth.

I agree it is frustrating that they don't put dates on the articles (Boca doesn't either) but this match was at the end of July.

Winoman, Gorky and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  9. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Correcto.

11. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Was just wondering if that was for this season or an outdated team assignment.

12. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    No problem. That squad list was from matchday 9 (of the Copa Campeonato). They just played 13 last weekend and they go to 19, so it should be the same squad listing throughout.

13. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Alianza Lima se refuerza con volante estadoudinense Adam Ozeri

Alianza Lima is reinforced by American midfielder Adam Ozeri

09:55. Lima, set. 3.

El Gerente Deportivo del Club Alianza Lima, Gustavo Zevallos confirmó que el volante estadounidense Adam Ozeri fue inscrito en la lista buena fe de la Asociación Deportiva de Fútbol Profesional (ADFP), lo cual permitiría que pueda estar en el primer equipo en lo que resta de la temporada 2016.

"Tuvimos la oportunidad de verlo en Buenos Aires en una visita que tuvimos hace tres meses. Es un chico joven categoría 98. Consideramos que queremos verlo en la Reserva pro eso lo hemos inscrito en la Asociación Deportiva de Fútbol Profesional (ADFP)", sostuvo Zevallos en diálogo con Alianza Lima Noticias.

Adam Ozeri de 18 años es seleccionado de su país en su categoría y actualmente está de gira en Europa.

"Ozeri quien milita en el Banfield de Argentina es un volante central que puede jugar en primera línea como por fuera, es un chico que viene trabajando hace un año en el fútbol argentino así que está acostumbrado a su dinámica", comentó el gerente deportivo del equipo victoriano.
    ----------------------------------

The Sporting Director of Club Alianza Lima, Gustavo Zevallos confirmed that the American midfielder Adam Ozeri was enrolled on the good faith list of the ADFP, which will permit him to play with the first team for the remainder of the 2016 season.

"We had the opportunity to see him in Buenos Aires three months ago. He is young man in the '98 category. We feel we want to see him in the reserves which is why we enrolled him in the ADFP. said Zevallos in a dialogue with Alianza Lima Noticias.

Adam Ozeri, 18 yrs, is a selectee of his country in his age group and currently is on a tour of Europe.

"Ozeri, who plays with Banfield in Argentina is a central midfielder that can play the front line as well as the wings, he is a boy who has been training for a year in Argentinian football so he is accustomed to its dynamic," said the sports director of the victorian team.

-------------------------------------

Explains why he has not played a minute for Banfield since his call-up with the U-19s.

ChuckMe92, BostonRed and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Another article in the Peruvian press:

774331714869002240 is not a valid tweet id

Alianza Lima espera a su refuerzo: ¿cuándo llega el estadounidense Adam Ozeri?
    Adam Ozeri, juvenil de la categoría 1998 de Estados Unidos, e convirtió en nuevo jugador de Alianza Lima.
    9/9/2016

Alianza Lima awaits its reinforcement: When will the American Adam Ozeri arrive?
    Adam Ozeri, 1998 age group for the US, has become Alianza Lima's newest player.

snip translated:

Next week he will arrive in our country and join the reserve side.

Who is Ozeri? He is a young footballer who has travelled much despite his young age. At the age of 18, he has played in different parts of the world, since he not only played in junior divisions in his native country but also in Europe. He has played with teams such as Chelsea in England and different Spanish clubs.

Neverthelss, last season, he reached an agreement with Banfield of Argentina (he also passed by Racing) and trained with the reserve all year. Additionally, he practiced with the first team on a recurring basis.
    If that is not enough, he received a call-up from the USA in the U-18 category and currently he is on a tour of Europe before joining Alianza Lima.

----------------------------------

We've got nothing on the Peruvian hype train ;)

ChuckMe92 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Too bad I'm much more of a La U kind of guy.

16. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    My Colombian wife would flay me with an oyster knife and play pan flutes at my funeral if I ever supported a Peruvian side.

TheFalseNine, Gacm32, ChuckMe92 and 2 others repped this.
  17. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Lima press is really keeping track of this kid. Hyping the hell out of him too.

http://elbocon.pe/futbol-peruano/descentralizado/alianza-lima-adam-ozeri-llego-anoche-a-lima-131562/

http://depor.com/futbol-peruano/ali...e-adam-ozeri-llego-lima-como-refuerzo-1080095

http://peru.com/futbol/descentralizado/alianza-lima-quien-adam-ozeri-y-que-juega-noticia-474725

http://elbocon.pe/futbol-peruano/alianza-lima-quien-es-y-como-juega-el-jale-adam-ozeri-130749/

Most of these are just reporting that he arrived in Lima on Wednesday and is the last reinforcement for Alianza for the rest of the season. The last article has some new info I hadn't seen about his time in Spain with cadetes. It also says he was at a camp in Europe for the U-19s before arriving in Peru.

Adam Ozeri jugó en el Cadete E de la U.E. Cornellà de Cataluña y donde la 'rompió'. El volante fue el máximo anotador de su equipo hace dos temporadas, lo que demuestra que pisa mucho el área rival, consiguiendo marcar 24 goles y ser campeón del Grupo 28 de 2ª División Cadete, lo que le valió ser convocado a selección de Estados Unidos donde es habitual.

Adam Ozeri played in Cadete E for UE Conellà de Catalunya where he [starred, or alternatively, busted his cherry..I'm not great with Peruvian slang.] The midfielder was the leading scorer for his team over two seasons, which shows he spends a lot of time in the attacking third, scoring 24 goals and leading his team to be champions of Group 28 of the 2nd Cadet Division. This merited him a call up by the United States.

hokeydokey, Pl@ymaker and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    This is probably referring to the Stevan Vilotic Cele tournament which ended 5 Sep. So a little poetic license was employed.

19. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Trained with the 1st team at Alianza Lima today.

snip:

En diálogo con ovacion.pe, Ozeri señaló que "el 'profe' dela Reserva me comunicó que hoy trabajaría con el primer equipo y realmente me sentí muy cómodo en los entrenamientos que fueron muy intensos. El grupo me recibió de la mejor manera y yo estoy tranquilo, porque todo esto forma parte de mi proceso de aprendizaje. Sé que el equipo viaja para jugar su partido ante Comerciantes Unidos y no sé si seguiré entrenando con el primer equpo o paso a Reservas", dijo Ozeri.

In an interview with ovacion.pe, Ozeri said that "the 'professor' of the Reserves told me today that I would work with the first team and actually I felt very comfortable in the training sessions which were very intense. The group accepted me very well and I'm happy, because this is all part of my learning process. I know that the team travels to play its match against Comerciantes Unidos and I don't know if I will keep taining with the first team or go back to the reserves," said Ozeri.

http://ovacion.pe/alianza-lima/estadounidense-ozeri-entreno-hoy-con-primer-equipo-alianza

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    @Maxvall has oido algo de este chico?

22. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    814246085321510912 is not a valid tweet id

ChuckMe92, Gacm32, Pl@ymaker and 3 others repped this.
  23. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @bungadiri, could we get the thread title changed? Adam Ozeri at Alianza Lima.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    821061073419702274 is not a valid tweet id

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I had missed that he'd also played some youth soccer in Spain, where he (if I understand that article correctly) appears to have scored a bunch of goals. One thing worth watching is what seems to be a bit of a foreigner crunch in Lima.