ACN 2010: Semi-final #2

Discussion in 'Africa' started by kwame_tdot, Jan 25, 2010.

1. kmarei

kmarei New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    None of the yellow cards or red card were undeserved, they were all well earner.
    i have seen a lot of match analysis about this, and i did not hear one who is not algerian say this.
    if you think its the refs fault, then you should find another sport to watch
    refs make mistakes. the disallowed goal to ivory coast Vs algeria was not fair, neither was a sure penalty on Drogba, that the ref did not see.
    So when it comes to refs making mistakes, sometimes you are lucky and they go your way, other times you are unlucky and they go against you.
    a great team will accept the mistake and play on.
    Algeria did not do this Vs Egypt
    they were pissed off
    and they let their emotions get the better of them
    most of the tackles were harsh, where getting posession of the ball was secondary to bringing the player down.

and if you want to avoid getting on the wrong side of the ref, how about you stick to the rules?
    Algeria played 6 matches, lost 3 and only won 2, this is not a team affected by bad refs
    this is a team that is simply not good enough

Do you think today's defeat to Nigeria is also due to another bad refferee?

2. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    the ref is suspended indefinitely for not giving the goalie a red card when he head butted him

3. Sapientia

Sapientia Member

Jan 12, 2010
    rather odd for a ref who claims to play bythe book and that all of his other calls were justified! not giving chaouchi an outright red card proves the guy wasnt even sure of what he just did few minutes earlier to the game, awarding a dubious penalty kick validating the first take, and sending off Halliche who shouldnt have collected a first yellow to begin with, u reap what you sow, but something tells me the guy wasnt interested in going to south africa this summer, Barbados seems a more logical destination.

CAF is just saving face and using the Chaochi incident for that, the guy sucked and threw off the game they just dont want him around and to think he made the short list for the world cup...

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm... it amazes me the double standards some posters have here.. beforehand it was sacrilege to blame the referees/tournament format, etc... now suddenly the tables have turned and it's all one big scandal, the referee was biased, etc.... LOL! Let's face facts, Algeria had a decent tournament but some of their key players lost the plot at the key moment. As far as the first sending off it concerned.. regardless of whether or not the first yellow card was deserved or not, wtf was the defender thinking? He's already on a yellow card, it's a semifinal match and he pulls a defender back, deep inside the penalty area right in front of the referee, right before the guy was about to shoot! :rolleyes: That's an instant red card nowadays and to do that when you're already on a yellow is just foolish. If anything Algeria were lucky not to be down to nine men as the goalkeeper should have been sent off for headbutting the referee. The second red card was completely justified, it was a terrible tackle and a red card anywhere/anytime. And as for the third red card... well it's not like it was a game changing decision or anything... it was 3-0, injury time and Algeria already down to nine men... it's not the refs fault the team imploded....

5. Palacas

Palacas Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    excuse me, for not mentioning it in his report