Accidentally Promoted - Advice?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by jjb13, Nov 27, 2006.

1. jjb13

jjb13 New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Just got promoted to div V despite my best efforts not to. I fortunately have accumulated a little bit of cash with which to upgrade team/stadium, but I don’t know what route to go. I currently have about 500k (plus up to 200k on loan from the bank if needed). I was hoping to upgrade my trainer from passable to solid at 250k. I don’t know whether I should use the other 250k+ to
    a. upgrade my inner midfield (I already bought 1 excellent IM with inadequate passing about a week ago) and a small stadium increase,
    b. upgrade my defense with an excellent defender and a small stadium increase, or
    c. try to do both with no stadium upgrade

I also had considered training keepers for a few weeks to get my starting keeper to pop to excellent (he is about halfway there per the keeper skillraise tools), but don’t know if it is worth it. I am primarily a winger trainer but with the depressed market I have started training a little passing as well.

I have about 1000 supporters and have been selling out my meager 13,500 seat stadium consistently (albeit while winning).

Team is Ballwin Breakers (Team ID: 229905) – I believe I got promoted to V.165. The top 5 teams should destroy me, but there are 2 teams I think I can remain competetive with.

Any HT lifer's care to weigh in?

Thx

JB

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You look like you're in the same boat as me, fighting for 6th.

Any of you veterans have advice for surviving in this situation?

Intentionally relegating is not an option.

3. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best advice I can give you from my experience promoting a season too early is to map out the schedule when it is released. Pick your battles (games you have an even to good chance of winning) and PIC the rest. Irregardless of coach level, the smallest bit of TS you can use to Normal or MotS those crucial games is important. If you are in need of a Coach change, then do it right before Cup Rd 1 matches and PIC it as well to help. You will likely be playing one of the opponents competing with you to open the season.

The task may look daunting at the moment, but you just have to be realistic and fight for what is obtainable, while leaving the powershouses alone for now.

4. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    My advice - don't screw up your training schedule to avoid relegation. If you can avoid relegation - great - but don't do it by screwing up training. That will set you back far worse than being relegated back to Div VI.

Trainer - definitely upgrade to Solid
    Purchase - Look for a young PM with good PM skills with passable/solid winger. You can play him at IM for league games and winger for friendlies - therefore you get a boost to stay up while still getting training out of it.

And yeah - map out your schedule and endure some brutal beatdowns by PICing when you have no chance to be able to MOTS the games against the #7 and #8 teams.

5. jjb13

jjb13 New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Harkes/Kermy -

Thanks for the advice - I never thought about getting a good PM trainable as a winger as well, that might work.

JB

6. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 2 winger trainees that play forward in league matches most of the time.

You have the extra injury danger, but trainees heal quickly and it really saves on salaries.