ACC 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Is ESPN+ available to youtube tv subscribers?
    Or is it something you can get as a stand alone?
    We use ROKU to stream our youtube.

2. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Its a stand alone. You can use the ROKU to download the ESPN app I think. ESPN uses their app to stream ESPN+. You can also watch ESPN+ on your computer. I have a smart TV and it can download apps. I just downloaded the ESPN app to my tv and watch ESPN + through that

Tom81 repped this.
  3. wrg1

wrg1 New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Club:
    Carolina
    No expert advice here. Your situation does have limitations in getting access to the world of streaming TV. But somehow your wife gets Netflix so there may be a solution.

Here is a link to ACC/ESPN (ie https://www.getaccn.com) which makes it seem like things that used to work may be be irrelevant this fall. For me, in New York, with too much Internet/streaming access the only option seems to be Hulu+ which is only available for $44.99 per month!?

Which I find discouraging. At least you can go to the home games Soccerhunter.

4. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Many thanks to you respondents!

The main take away is that I should look into ESPN+ to see what that involves. $5 per month seems to good to be true. THANK YOU L'orange and Wildcatter! . (I hope that the "+" does not indicate that it is an add-on to a more expensive cable service that I can't get.)

wrg, you are correct. I am very fortunate that can get to UNC home games in about 35 minutes and to DUke games in 25 minutes, NC State games in 50 minutes, and Wake Forest games in about 90 minutes. All worth the drives. And I've been known to drive up to Virginia and Virginia Tech and down to Clemson to watch UNC away games if they are on a weekend. Yes I am fortunate that so many games are within driving distance. ....and the only internet service available where I am is the DSL over a bad phone line. This is how my wife gets her Netflix and on a good day she doesn't have to wait out the dreaded pauses for buffering every minute or so. Going on the UNC website the new format for sports videos is terrible for me with about a 10 to 1 buffering ratio. (ie waiting about 3 minutes with a locked screen to watch 20 seconds of play, then repeat ad nauseam.)

I'll report back my progress.

Heeligan2 repped this.
  5. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017

Where do you live, if I may ask? In the western/Asheville pare of North Carolina? I once lived on a beautiful estate, in a beautiful part of Virginia, and commuted to a job in northern Virginia. I had a portable modem for my PC, but it didn't work well and so I was mostly without internet service while at home. I started spending less and less time on the farm/estate and more time working from home, because of the internet. I can't be without high-speed!

6. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    I live north west of Chapel Hill in a rural area of Orange County. I have lived in the same house for almost 50 years. There keep being rumors that high speed internet will be available, but nothing yet. The latest is that a company will be installing a high speed service on a series of towers each with a 5 mile range. Keeping my fingers crossed that this turns into reality. The slow DSL is better than nothing, but it sure would be nice to have high speed internet!

7. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    As we roll into pre season, good luck to all the ACC teams. Best conference in Womens College soccer ;)

8. Tigmon1

Tigmon1 New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 5, 2019
    Anyone know if ACC exhibition games are going to be televised?

9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is the sleeper team heading into the season?

10. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    Define sleeper.

11. Tigmon

Tigmon Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Aug 5, 2019
    A team that no one expects to be good, but will end up being better than people thought based on schedule, incoming recruits, potential, and in despite of last year's results.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  12. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone know of any online previews of the conference as a whole?

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, Notre Dame was pretty dire, for their relatively high standards, last year.

I have no idea of this year's roster composition, but I'm betting they can't be this bad this season.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  14. Tigmon

Tigmon Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Aug 5, 2019
    I'm watching Clemson, last year their losses were only by 1 to other top ACC schools, they beat FSU and UVA, and only lost 1 CB to graduation. They finished in the middle of the pack last year.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  15. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    long ball team that lost their main deliverer of long balls. middle of the pack imo

mpr2477 repped this.
  16. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    their "best" player seems to ahve lost all interest in the sport. Tough to overcome that when you have built a roster around her

17. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we are talking about the same player (who has disappeared from the roster) she was in the transfer portal but didn’t land where she wanted is my understanding. Don’t think it had much to do with losing interest in the sport. I could be wrong

18. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    I should have said lost all interesting in the sport at ND. I have that part on good authority. Will be interesting to see if that changes. I think many were scared off by the way she downed tools .

19. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Where did she want to transfer to? USC?

20. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was the rumor. She was rostered on the la galaxy team for summer. Don’t know if she ever played

21. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Well dang...so now she’s just done with soccer?! That’s crazy

22. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Question. As I understand it, unless my carrier (Dish) provides the ACC network, I will no longer be able to watch most of the acc teams games on my watch espn app?!

23. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Be patient, or change carriers.
    My carrier YoutubeTV just picked up ACCN. More will do so as the football season draws closer.

mpr2477 repped this.
  24. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who are you talking about?

25. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    007...What the heck is "downed tools?" and who are we talking about?