ACC 2014

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by orange crusader, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    MIssed the Syracuse keeper, but why would she make the All Freshman team when our Fr keeper was 2nd team?

2. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Watched UNC/UVA and Whitehill almost put me to sleep during a great game.
    The SEC gets Foudy and their own HD channel and you guys get Cat Whitehill on espn3? That's laugh out loud funny!

3. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Better question is how FSU keeper is not 1st team as she beat Clemson keeper in both shutouts and GAA ?

From ACC site:
    SHUTOUTSTOT
    [​IMG]
    1. Cassie Miller12
    [​IMG]
    2. Kaela Little11
    [​IMG]
    3. Kailen Sheridan7

GOALS AGAINST AVGAVG/G
    [​IMG]
    1. Cassie Miller0.46
    [​IMG]
    2. Kailen Sheridan0.60
    [​IMG]
    3. Lindsey Harris0.61

4. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not entirely stats-based? Perceived value to team, based on strength (or lack thereof) of the defense in front of it, might have influenced the voters.

5. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Very good point.
    SAfe to say the Clemson keeper had a lot more work to do.
    FSU and UCLA's keepers do not get challenged a whole lot.

6. go T

go T New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Cary, North Carolina
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it truly were based on perceived value to team then the Syracuse and Pitt keepers should've been there based upon shots faced and saved. :)

7. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I went to see the ACC final today. The game wasn't nearly as close as the 1-0 score indicated. Fla St dominated. UVA was underwhelming. I wanted to see Morgan Brian in person for the first time. She didn't have a good game.

Who was impressive was Dagny Beowulf-dottir (or whatever her name is) from Iceland. She dominated the midfield. Will she be in the draft? If I were Houston with the first pick, I might think about her rather than Brian. She's bigger. stronger, and, at least today, more of an offensive threat.

Megan Campbell got a lot of oohs and ahhs from the crowd with those looooooong throw-ins. Absolutely amazing. If she hasn't already, one of these days she'll put one of her throw-ins in the goal. Would that be called a throw-in Olympico?

8. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cannot score directly from a throw-in. Some field player must touch it at least once.

This mattered in the 2008 WWC-17 final(!), when Cloee Colohan did exactly that to DPRK(!) :D
    ... I remembered this instantly because I typo'd her name :oops: it has nagged me for six years
    It did make it easy to search for her, tho -- only two hits in the entire USA Women: N&A forum :p

sitruc repped this.
  9. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I guess FSU had UVA's number all weekend. LOL.

sitruc repped this.