News: AC Milan Unveil David Beckham

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Dec 30, 2008.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    you do realize they finished at the bottom of the league last year with donovan and B32 right?

last night's game was hard to watch. it wasn't pretty, and there was no flow. toward the end of the first half it looked like la was beginning to open things up, but after half time it went back to kickball. neither team really looked good.

i hope becks' bruised foot is healed up by january. we need him healthy to rest pirlo once in a while.

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yes and that was lat season like you said.......

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i was just pointing out that la is capable of being quite a miserable team even with the two stars. not to mention DB working with a gimpy foot.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He played bad against Salt Lake.....not a mark of a true champion and certainly not worth his contract or for that matter what he was broughtr to do. Maybe around better players he will improve.

5. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    If we still played a 4-4-2 I could see him gracing the field for Milan, but I don't see where he's going to fit in unless he really pushes to up his defensive prowess.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think he will play right winger...

7. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Becks & LA Galaxy @ MLS Cup ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWFKzPkHInQ"]YouTube- MLS Cup 2009 - Los Angeles Galaxy vs Real Salt Lake - 22/11/09 - Goles + Penales[/ame]

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LOL B32 face when landy cakes misses.......

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmr_0qn-jw"]YouTube- David Beckham talks about going/not going to World Cup 2010 [HQ][/ame]

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  11. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2nwJ7RcZ0"]YouTube- Presentazione David Beckham[/ame]

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    During the game thread I saw the injury, and I mentioned that Becks Injury looks bad.....but even I didn't think it would be this bad.

:( , I was rooting for Becks to make the England 23 @ SA 2010....

Anyway, I wish all the best to Becks with his surgery and long recovery process ...

-----------------------------------

BECKHAM OUT FOR SIX MONTHS - Football Italia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJJzKtFVa4"]YouTube- England's David Beckham to miss World Cup with injury A rupture of the Achilles tendon[/ame]​

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    RECAP of Becks 1st Loan @ AC Milan....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-HSvOS-6M"]YouTube- David Beckham - The Great Escape Vol 2 (AC Milan) - Esoesgallo[/ame]

14. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    what a pity.

horrible news.

15. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    poor bastard..i would put him as easily our hardest workin player since hes been here. Hes name is rarely on the scoresheet but man does the man make a difference every time he's out there. Such a shame that he has to be excluded from the team due to injury, tho maybe it saves some embarrassment for not getting included on last chance at WC. I rly hope he goes to S.Africa as a coach for the team, he deserves to be there, i think.

16. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    there's no doubt in my mind that he would have made the team had he been healthy. capello would have been a fool not to take him even if he wasn't going to get much time. you can't match db's work ethic and dedication to the team.

17. PinkSpider

PinkSpider New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Capello would have taken Beckham for sure barring injury. He may not get the minutes, but he has a vast amount of experience and is a great presence for them in the dressing room.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is so overrated its not even funny. I'm glad he is done and even in the MLS. He IMHO has made a mockery of the league even more than it was before he got there with his 41 games , 7 goals in 4 years...... :rolleyes:

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    You have right to your view:
    But kicking/ bad mouthing a man when he's down is not classy.

-> If you having nothing nice to say about someone when they are down/injured, etc, then its best not to say anything at all <-

P.S He did well in his 1st loan @ Milan............... and that's a fact..

20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    he also was one of the hardest working players at milan during this season. and he was being played out of position most of the time. a player like beckham is exactly what a team full of assholes like england needs, someone who will work his butt off because he loves that shirt so much.

and as far as beckham being overrated, it seems that the people who are overrating him are casual soccer fans and women. maybe that's the part you don't like, but i don't think the overrating comes from intelligent, informed football fans.

21. Rinko

Rinko New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    England
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Becks did well at Milan IMO. Not as well as last year where he was brilliant. I honestly wasnt expecting him to even make the 11 but under Carlo he was an important player in the Milan side.

OK hes not played as well or as often this year but thats due to a change of tactics and him being asked to cover Pato's role, whenever he has played hes stil given everything and still has a brlliant right foot. If only Pirlo let him near the FK's once in a while.

I wish him all the best in his recover. Its a shame the only thing he has to look foward to is the piss poor MLS.

22. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since you are not an LA Galaxy fan at all..no wonder you said what you said..

But clearly you don't understand his position on the field and in this game too..HE IS A MIDFIELDER for God sake..to get 7 goals in 41 games is quite an achievements considering he LIKES to assist than to score! Why don't you look at his assist stats instead? Oh wait..perhaps you don't understand that too! :rolleyes:

Oh..can wait to see what you will say next when he is back PLAYING next year..if not this September!

:cool:

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok lets see....

2007, 2008, 2009 LA Galaxy 41 games 7 goals 11 assists in 3/4 years or on average of 13/10 games a year for $250 million???????????

WOW! This is a mark or greatness or a great player, for that matter? If anything, he did what every other average midfielder does and there are many average American MLS players who have done the same if not more. My disdain for AEG & the LA Galalxy (who BTW, made Luciano Moggi look like a boy scout) notwithstanding, what makes DB such a God really and what has he ever done? Forget about last year, what has he done lately, or for that matter, in a World Cup or even in the UEFA Champions League? He isn't even close to Pato, Seedorf, Kaka, Baresi, Van Basten , Gullit , Maldini and/or the accomplishments of Pippo Inzaghi. Give me a break, for a player who cost 250 million dollars played 41 (COUNT THEM) LOUSY FREAKING MLS GAMES in parts of 3 seasons and will not play a 4th and who never committed a thing to the MLS (where he was supposed to be the soccer savior) while at the same time many players in the same league only make $12 grand a year. He did nothing for me , the game in America or in Europe for that matter. He has yet shown me a match where he has impressed and I believe he has made a mockery of the sport. This is the truth! If any other player made the same amount of money he made in the MLS and accomplished what he did in the MLS as Serie A player or anywhere else in Europe, he would be considered a complete farce but just because he is David Beckham we have to kneel down to him. Please! He could hardly get a game at Milan so far since January and if any of you think he deserved a WC spot, then I'm sorry, you just don't understand the game. I'm surprised you are all so taken by him...what a joke! :rolleyes:

24. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

---> Sounds like you are bit bitter how things went w/Becks & MLS...
    -> If MLS wants to pay him 6.5m /a year + Marketing rights, then take it with them...

Plus
    ---> This is a AC Milan Forum and he did well @ AC Milan in his First Loan and was doing o.k in his 2nd loan ....

---> So - > Please take you grips to a MLS FORUM !

--- Anyway, it sounds to me like you (flavo) are rejoicing in man's injury........
    That's REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Sad :( DUDE ! ---​

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bitter about what the Galaxy did to my Quakes, yes I admit it but forget about the MLS! I am not rejoicing at all! Atcually, if you go back and look at the start of the thread, I really wanted him to do well but he has not set the world on fire at all and he is nowhere near the player everyone makes him out to be. You want to talk about soccer or how many shirts he sells? Want to talk about how he has played for Milan? What exactly has David Beckham done so for AC Milan this year? I thought he did ok in 18 games last year with Kaka , Maldini , Pato, Inzaghi , Pato and Ronaldinho and many others to back him up. Seriously though, want to talk about the man, or the player? In 11 games this season, He did ok but so did Nesta, Seedorf and many others. He didn't even merit a starting job in most of the 11 games he has played because Leo didn't think he was good enough...This is in fact, the "sad" truth. Ti ricordi? E un giocatore qualsiasi. ci sono cosi tanti giocatori in italia meglio di lui.....a me non e' niente, ne come giocatore, ne come uomo...