AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    The only SIGNIFICANT rumors I heard of was Newcastle, Spurs, and Atletico Madrid. There were links with Juventus, but pretty much the non-official nonsense kind. His wages were probably a hindrance to a lot of teams, and considering Vieri probably wants to start, there's also that to consider.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    real madrid, chelsea, arsenal, barca, Juventus, liverpool, would probably all offer him a contract if he said he wanted to play for those teams instead of milan. theyre all in the market for a striker. thats in addition to the newcastles and spurs and olympicaos of the world. he changed clubs to play. thats the key here, agree? with gilardino he will end up playing less then he did at inter. thats just my opinion. lets move on ;)

3. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    With all do respect to all of you die hard AC Milan fans,,,,, I hope this signing is going to make AC Milan even better, and I know that's what everyone wants.

my opinion,, I hope he proves many wrong and scores hat tricks for AC Milan

p.s. good point Duck M

4. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    think its a bad move for Vieri and Milan. I cant see how he will fit in with the running skills of Shevchenko and I thought Crespo and Gilardino would have been much better accompaniment for Shevchenko. As for Vieri a team like Parma or even Roma would have been a great fit where he would have played a lot and maybe regained some confidence

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he would play alot at roma with cassano, montella and totti there? i think not

6. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Milan still want Gila, says agent
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul6a.html

We should just fork over the money and be done with it. Maybe throw in Tomasson or some other dead wood, and finish this deal. Too much drama, and it would be a terrible move for us to miss out on Gila.

7. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No. Actually, I do not agree. Like you said, why would he leave because of competition to only get more competition. His move was based on something else entirely, which I believe is the motivation to win something before his career is over. The same reason why Cafu and Stam came. Perhaps Vieri is upset that his former clubs greatest ambition was to win the Coppa Italia.

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You make a very good point. Vieri has only won 1 Scudetto with Juve in 96/97, a European Supercup, and a Cup-Winner's Cup with Lazio. Maybe he finally wanted to try and win something.

9. savatage

savatage New Member

May 11, 2005
    do you think that the chances to get gila are decreased because vieri came?
    or do you think they bought vieri because crespo may leave?

i have just read this at skysports.com

Galliani also revealed that Milan would not be pursuing their interest in Alberto Gilardino.

"Parma are continuing to ask €30 million euros for Gilardino and at that price we will not buy him," Galliano said.

"As the days progress this matter gets even more complicated."

what do you think?
    is it over?

i hope not

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats fine with me, if thats actually what you think. if he wants to ride the pine to win something, be my guest. if getting a trophy for milan is worth more then a possible world cup to bobo, then hes one of the dumber people in europe. but, if you think inters greatest ambition was to win coppa italia then youre hilariously wrong. im sensing sarcasm here.

11. spanishfan1

spanishfan1 New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Next year will be inter's year, they don't need vieri they have great strikers. And for those people saying inter greatest ambition was coppa italia thats bull, but you know what at least they won a trophy.

12. Gringocholo

Gringocholo New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Dublin
    Vieri is'nt half the player Crespo is.A.C should get their hands out of thei pockets and buy instead of getting half decent players for free.they're up there wit Real,Barca,bayern and still dont want to spend.this pisses me off. :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
  14. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    For some reason I think he's going to Inter. Remember Moratti had promised a "suprise".

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i wouldnt be surprised either if gila end up at inter. moratti is famous for signing huge name forwards/strikers.

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galliani also promised a huge signing. And I'm sure he didn't mean Vieri. The odds are still in our favor that we will get Gila.

17. Gringocholo

Gringocholo New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Dublin
    I think we will get Gila but i'm gutted were not getting Crespo.he's QUALITY.Theres no harm if we have Sheva,Crespo,Vieri and Gila.We should get rid of Pippo and Tomarseson.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy