AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    sorry. i didnt read the rest after this. laughable.
    i doubt vieri would consider signing with milan if they were getting gilardino. anyway, i actually think gilardino will end up in turin.

2. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    Vieri is just a transfer rumour right now. Neither the player or the club have come out and said anything about his signing.

Why exactly would Gilardino sign for Juventus? Ibrahimovic would be ahead of him and I don't think they can play together. He has a better suited to playing with Shevchenko. Cassano is player better suited to the Juventus system. Plus his relationship with Capello make it a much more likely scenario.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    because he has been a Juventus fan all his life.

4. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    So was Maldini, but we know what happened there right.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    are you comparing parma with milan?

6. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    :confused:

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    gilardino leaving parma for Juventus cant be compared with maldini leaving milan for Juventus. milan is one of the five biggest clubs in the world. parma isnt one of the five biggest clubs in italy. get my point?

8. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I, personally, would like to hear why this is laughable. Not that I agree, but I'm interested to hear your opinion.

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    because infastructure has nothing to do with vieri possibly signing with milan to get more playing time so he can make the azzurri squad

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vieri has signed with Milan. Can this mean the end of Crespo? Also, maybe we will now try and sell Tomasson...

11. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh, ok. Well, infastructure is a big reason why a lot of Inter players come to Milan I think. Remember the declarations Emre and Recoba have made this past year about how Inter is going nowhere, have no real leader compared to Milan? I also think infastructure is the reason why players like Crespo, Tomasson, Ambrosini are willing to sit the bench at Milan rather than play at almost any other club. Its strange, but true.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think this move was made because Crespo won't be around. Vieri can still contribute offensively, but I still believe that he needs an attitude adjustment.

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I actually rate Vieri higher than Crespo - when he's in shape and in form. I think Vieri realizes that he's on the downward swing of his career, 2006 is his last shot at a WC, and he can't afford a wasted season. With this motivation, I can see Vieri forming a pretty potent strikeforce with Sheva. It's not the longterm solution like Gilardino would've been, but I think you'll be okay.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    One thing that Vieri has that I must give him is a strong presence. He is a strong offensive target. Crespo is just not as strong as Vieri. Another thing that will help Vieri considerably will be much better service from the Milan midfield than the Inter midfield.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am more interested in how this will affect Gilardino's situation with AC Milan.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought it was pretty much a lock that he was going to Juventus.

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It aint over until it is over. I thought something might happen in the end.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope Vieri is motivated this season and gets back into the form he was in 3 years ago. You never know, a change of environment may help Vieri regain that lost form. He has many creative players around him that can create chances for him, and all he has to do is finish them.

19. savatage

savatage New Member

May 11, 2005
    some weeks ago galliani said that milan would sign a big champ

is vieri this one?
    or do you think they´ll get another?

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    sure. doesnt have anything to do with why vieri signed there versus the gilardino situation. vieri wants playing time. he wont get much of it if gilardino is signed also. infastructure wont give bobo a ticket to germany.
    i agree with you. i rate vieri ahead of crespo too.

21. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    I think Milan signed Vieri over Crespo because they would always rather get a player for free it seems. Hopefully this transfer doesn't interfere with Gilardino's transfer to Milan. I think that move is still on, hopefully the money saved by not buying Crespo is spent on Gilardino.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From www.acmilan.com

VIERI JOINS MILAN!
    7/5/2005 3:52:00 PM
    Christian Vieri is a Milan player. It is finally official. After many talks and rumours, the striker is certain he will wear a red-and-black shirt for the next two seasons. The Italian international, who was released by Inter earlier this week, will find again new enthusiasm and stimulation in a dressing-room where he has known most of the components for a long time.
    Bobo has scored 179 goals in his professional career, playing in ten different clubs. He made his debut in Serie A at the early age of 17 for Torino. In his first year, he collected six appearances and netted one goal, having all the eyes on him in Italy. The boy from Bologna immediately showed character and the following season, after playing only one game with the Granata side, moved to Pisa in Serie B. He totalled 18 appearances and two nets with the Tuscan side before joining Ravenna the following year. There he estabilished his first goal record in the league, scoring 12 strikes in 32 matches.
    The attention on him was growing more and more, and with time passing, his qualities emerged distinctly: strength, courage, and ability in the air. Another move the following season and Bobo played his last campaign in Serie B at Venezia where he made 29 appearances and netted 11 goals.
    The first club who really trusted Christian’s abilities was Atalanta who brought him back in the top flight. In Bergamo he played 19 games and scored only seven goals, but this was just enough for him to win over Juventus who signed him for the following campaign. For the Bianconeri Bobo played 23 games and scored eight goals, with the fans rising against the club when they decided to sell him abroad to Atletico Madrid at the end of the season. In his Spanish experience, under the reign of Arrigo Sacchi, Vieri set a new goal record in the league: an amazing 24 goals in 24 games.
    However, he soon missed the Italian football, and to come back home he accepted the courting of Lazio. In the capital he added 12 more nets to his overall tally, playing 12 games with the Biancocelesti.
    The most recent part of his career was at Inter who made great sacrifices to sign him. After six years enriched with plenty of goals and appearances, the forward, who will turn 32-year-old next week, has decided to take part from the Nerazzurri. It is summer 2005, the turning point. And Bobo agrees the Milan switch.

23. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano, can you give me some analysis on this?

I don't see why Channel 4 is predicting Milan will also
    get Gilardino. That would mean having 3 center-forwards
    (Sheva, Vieri, Gila--heck, maybe throw Tomasson into that
    bunch). What do you think most likely? :confused:

I'm also trying to puzzle out what this means for the
    Azzurri. Supposing Kaka and Pirlo gift Vieri a bunch of
    chances which he takes, and supposing he nets, say,
    12-16 goals, perhaps Lippi will take him to Germany?
    That would mean Vieri displacing/ competing with Gila.

This is all very interesting I think.

24. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan have always stated that they want 5 great strikers in the lineup. Considering the injury problems of Inzaghi and Tomasson the last season, and even Sheva I don't think its a terrible idea. Especially since we have a player like Tomasson who doesn't mind the bench. If we also get Gilardino our striker hierarchy will look like this:

1st choice: Shevchenko (he'll always play if healthy.)
    2nd choice: Gilardino and Vieri (one of the two will fight for a spot next to Sheva. Slight preference for Gilardino perhaps.)
    3rd choice: Inzaghi and Tomasson (if one of the other 3 forwards gets injured or is horribly out of form then one of these two moves up.)

25. rossoneri_22

Jul 18, 2004
    I think that Channel 4 is predicting this because originally we wanted Crespo and Gilardino, right? So now we have just saved money buy getting Vieri instead of Crespo so really our position on Gilardino hasn't changed one bit. Ancelotti has already said he wants 5 strikers, so I don't see why not.

The way I see it is:
    Sheva-Gila as our number one strike partnership
    Inzaghi-Vieri as our number two pairing

Looks good doesn't it?