AC Milan official transfers, rumors, and speculation Thread 6

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think you're allowed to add one player who has played in the UEFA cup and 2 more who haven't played in Europe to your roster. I'll admit that i don't know the exact rules but that is what i've seen on TV.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The UEFA Cup does indeed cap tie a player.

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I always thought too. Until last year when Javier Mascherano was allowed to play in the CL with Liverpool after playing in the UEFA Cup with West Ham during the first half of the year.

4. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, a player is only cup-tied if they played in the same europen competition or if for instance, one player had played for a team that was in the cl group stages and parachuted into the uefa cup, and then he got traded, then he can't play in uefa cup since his former employers are in the same tournament, but uefa cup does not tie a player for the cl anymore.

5. Massimo_Oddo

Massimo_Oddo New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Same with Cassano when he moved from Roma to Real.

6. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mexes would cost a fortune. He's one of the hottest young defenders available next to Ledly King and Sergio Ramos.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do you mean micah richards? king is like 27, and i don't think he is particularly hot property, per se, though he is a good player.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're right I thought King was born in '82 but it turns out he's much older.

Incidentally I think King is a fantastic defender who's very underrated even in his own community.

Another name is Barzagli; not exactly cream of the crop i know, however he has really good instincts and is in the "Kaladze" mold which makes him a strong player.

9. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He is a very good defender but he's always injured.

10. IOwnBuffon@Keeping

IOwnBuffon@Keeping New Member

May 27, 2006
    melbourne
    i think we should go for the following players this transfer season.
    GK - amelia or Frey get one or the other and scrap dida please, or call back abbiatti for the remaining 6months.
    DEF - try.... Mexes, cicinho, Barzagli,
    MID - go for some young player such as: Nasri, i really like this kid he has alot of talent.
    FWD - Benzema.... or if you want to go cheaper, Huntelaar of ajax or M.Gomes of stuttgart.

my hopes :p

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Umm no. Huntelaar is very hot property and will not go cheap at all. Forget that he's the most talented player in the Everidisie his striking ability is top notch for someone who is quite young.

12. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    During the Milan vs. Udinese transmission in ESPN Brasil the commentator (Silvio Lancelotti, the most reliable guy on Serie A affairs) said Milan was trying to get Diego Cavalieri from Palmeiras. I really hope this goes through, he's my favorite brazilian goalkeeper.

13. IOwnBuffon@Keeping

IOwnBuffon@Keeping New Member

May 27, 2006
    melbourne
    If you read what i said you'd understand i said he will cost LESS THEN BENZEMA. which he does, because they are looking at around 30m pounds for benzema last time i checked and i think huntelaar is around 18? not entirely sure but im positive huntelaar is less then benzeema.

14. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    would that be this transfer window or in june??

about huntelaar,he's not 18 he's early 20
    +he's not as good as benzema
    he's playin really bad this season,he just got all those goals becuz the level in the Eredivisie is so horrible
    he wouldnt have made half those goals in a serious league like the serie a trust me
    we should NOT go after him

15. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He didn't specify, but Milan probably want him for june. Since the rumours about Cavalieri didn't follow up after they first appeared in the media, I don't know if this is really true, or if he's just another prospect like Frey, Boruc, Ochoa, etc...

The good thing about this is that he would probably cost less than 5millions, he has an italian passport and Palmeiras now has 2 good goalkeepers that can't be benched.

16. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    After watching today's game i honestly think we need somebody who can fill in for Pirlo. Don't get me wrong Rino and Ambro are good players but they don't give the team anything like the "direction" or guile that we need when we have possession.

17. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Wow.., someone finally said it right !!!
    That's what actually makes Milan special, and makes me say most of the time (when I am watching other teams play, "how people can watch this crap"??) :D
    Yes, Pirlo's presence was clearly missed, we were somewhat confused, or more disorderly at times, and Seedorf had to do double the work today, running back and fourth, and definetly this factor created inconsistency in the right development of the play.One thing si clearly comforting thougth, that even without Pirlo we won, and the fact that Patto is there, brings mroe tension and dynamism to the attak, and more aggressivity. Now we have more options with 3 strikers able to play + Kaka, and it doesnt matter who scores, the important thing is that someone will score !

18. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is there is no one of Pirlo's quality who will be willing to be backup. It's like saying we need someone to fill in for Kaká when he's out injured or suspended. There simply aren't that many(if any) players out there who can fill in for Pirlo or Kaká. And the one's that can(Riquelme, Cesc, Messi, Totti, etc.) are nontransferable.

19. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Well..., there are a few players in Italy, like Liverani or Montolivo (who probably would be better subs for Pirlo than any of the names above) but like you mentioned, they will not come to stay on the bench, and the same goes for Kaka's role or Seedorf's (Gourcuff is not good enough). There arent that many good 18 yr olds out there like Pato . (I use him as an example, because he is still young and doesnt mind starting from the bench).
    I myself hope Milan can 1 day buy Rosina, (it will be a great move for Milan, and I think for Itly as well) but the fact is that he wont stay on the bench, and by the time Seedorf gets old, he will probably have gone somewhere else.

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think a player like Liverani wouldn't mind being on the bench. He's fairly old, his career is near the end, and he has a chance to play for a big club. However I don't know if Milan would actually consider buying Liverani.

21. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you know who has surprisingly been a good regista, especially considering his age, is eugenio corini. but i think he is now 37, but getting him as a back-up for pirlo last year and this would have been good, and he probably would have been happy to sit the bench.

22. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd say 1/3 of the creativity problems during the match were caused by Pirlo's absence, the other 2/3s were caused by the inability to play through the flanks, crowding the middle. We need fullbacks.

23. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    True, very true, but the thinking at Milan was, give Gourcuff a chance, and looking back at last year, the problems where more physical than technical, so there comes Emerson, who is not a bad midfelder either though. I think at the end of the day, most of Serie A games, Milan can do sometimes without Pirlo, ofcourse not the big ones !!!
    Anyway, Corini is probably retiring in a year or so, but he is a quality player.

24. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hell yes, I agree that without Pirlo...the attack bogs down.

25. Redondo85

Redondo85 Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Scotland
    Although he was hailed as some sort of Zidane-Petit hybrid to begin with i think Gourcuff is a long way away from being a suitable replacement in the deep lying playmaker role. Cigarini is a good option but they'd have to make their claim as there's plenty of clubs after his signature.

Although he's not that type of player watching Pasquale Foggia this season i felt it was a shame he never got a run in the Milan side, he's undoubtedly got a few problems off the pitch at the moment :)rolleyes:) but if he was playing on a semi regular basis for Milan the way he has been for Cagliari he would've added some real spice to their attack.

Marco Borriello and Paulo Sammarco have also played well so far this season, although Borriello seemingly wants to return to Milan though i think it would be in his best interests to secure a permanent switch to Genoa or to another club.