AC Milan official transfers, rumors, and speculation Thread 6

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's only on paper. Darmian hasn't even made the bench yet in a real game. What I think Berlusconi means is Darmian will be part of the Milan 25 man squad. And since we will be losing a bunch of players in the summer(Maldini, Simic, Serginho, Favalli, and Cafu) there will be alot of spaces to fill in the Milan rotation. We will be losing 1 Milan-trained player and he will need to be replaced in our UEFA 25 man list. Right now we have 4(Maldini, Oddo, Brocchi, and Ambrosini). If we don't have 4 Milan-trained players we have to remove one player from our list for every Milan-trained player we don't have. Chelsea had to do that this year. That's why Ballack wasn't on their CL squad.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ambrosini counts even though he was brought up through Cesena?

3. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont think ambro does, but i think digao does... but i am not really sure, its all confusing... coz i dont think digao is on the champions league squad

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    If a player was signed at the age of 17 (maybe 18) they count. Pato might count next season.

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A player must be registered by the club for at least three years between the ages of 15-21 to be considered a homegrown player. Ambrosini came to Milan as an 18 year old so he will count. Pato will only count as a homegrown player when he turns 21.

6. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ah.. that clears it up... thanks..

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we got a young 17 year old midfielder named Dario Paolillo on loan for the rest of the season from neighbor club Varese. If we like him we'll sign him at the end of the season.

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ancelotti said if we get Zambrotta and add Darmian to the first team next year we are set in defense. He said that the club is not interested in buying Andrea Barzagli or Cristian Zapata.

For me, this would be my next season plan- I would bring back Marzoratti from Empoli, who is having a good season. I would buy Barzagli, who will most probably be available this summer, and then loan out Darmian to get experience. In midfield, keep things how they are however we don't know if Emerson will be gone, in that case we need a midfielder who can come on and make a difference. If we can't find anyone we can always get back Paolo Sammarco from Sampdoria, who is having an excellent season so far and looks like a new Perrotta. In goal we offer Fiorentina Gila + Cash for Frey, and then keep Dida as the second keeper since no one will buy him with that high salary of his. Up front we let Ronaldo go and buy Drogba or Benzema, and let Borriello return.

So my roster would look something like:

Frey, Dida, Kalac; Nesta, Kaladze, Barzagli, Bonera, Oddo, Zambrotta, Jankulosvki, Marzoratti; Pirlo, Gattuso, A good young midfielder/Sammarco, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Seedorf, Gourcuff, Kakà; Benzema/Drogba, Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi

9. Redondo85

Redondo85 Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Scotland
    Some good suggestions but personally i think Milan would be mad to get rid of Gila, he hasn't had the best of season's so far and argueably the system Milan have been playing dosen't play to his stengths but when you consider Inzaghi is 35 and how unpredictable Ronaldo is, Pato and Gila are the only real long term options Milan have.

Gila is very much a pure striker and i think once Milan start to play more as a 4-3-1-2 we'll begin to see the Gila of old again, plus his overall goalscoring record is still very good.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it's not going to be Milan getting rid of Gila, it's going to be Gila wanting to leave Milan. Especially if he misses out on Euro 2008, Gila is going to want to go to a team where he starts all the time.

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That could be next season depending if Ronaldo gets a new contract or not.

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol, first digao and now the son of kaka's agent, are we going to hire kaka's wife to a front-office position...:p

14. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah this is gettin a bit ridiculous

15. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I once dated a Brazilian girl from Sao Paolo, whose last name is Gaetano. :D
    No, it's true...

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Paloschi has impressed other teams, as Rimini and Lecce both asked for him on loan until June. However Milan refused and said that they want him to stay at Milanello for the rest of the year and train with the first team.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=89328

17. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So does this mean Milan see something in this kid? Perhaps possibly build him into the squad in the near future?

What does this kid play like, his style? Weakness? Strengths?

18. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he has barely played for us, but has two goals... the second one was a tap in, but i think the first one highlights his strengths really well...

[youtube]Z2MCk2WDEAw[/youtube]

that was an excellent goal considering it was a 17 year old's debut... good control of the long ball... he held the defender of for long enough, and scored while evading the attentions of three defenders... not too shabby... i think he can do well if we give him the pato treatment... (not the pressure on pato but how the entire team helps him out)

19. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dida and Gila face Frey threat Saturday 19 January, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan director Piersilvio Berlusconi warns Alberto Gilardino and Nelson Dida time is running out, while Fiorentina reveal how they could release Sebastien Frey mid-season.

The son of President Silvio Berlusconi made the statements at the presentation of new television channel Premium Gallery.

“I continue to think that Gilardino has not yet given when he truly can,” said the businessman who has been tipped to take over from his father in the future.

“Dida is going through a difficult time and we hope it will pass. He has given so much to Milan, so it is right he remains the first choice.

“We need to give him a little more time, but if the situation does not change then it’s good to look around and see what the alternatives are.”

The warning is stark and it is reported the Rossoneri have already found a replacement in Fiorentina shot-stopper Frey.

So far the Viola have refused to consider releasing him, but there are claims on Firenzeviole.it today that a proposal was put on the table by President Diego Della Valle.

Fiorentina allegedly told Milan they would hand over Frey in January in exchange for Gilardino and midfielder Cristian Brocchi.

However, the Rossoneri turned it down because Frey would not be eligible for the Champions League, as he has already played in the UEFA Cup with his team this season.

It is an issue that can be picked up again in the summer, though, so time is running out for Dida and Gila to prove themselves.

“I think we above all need to reinforce the defence and I definitely like Philippe Mexes and Gianluca Zambrotta,” continued Berlusconi.

“The midfield also requires new signings, but from what I’ve been told that won’t happen immediately. As for Ronaldinho, I have always been cold on him. He’s far too expensive.”

Milan have semi-officially dropped their interest in the Barcelona star, leaving him to Chelsea.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan19g.html

lol im beginning to like Berlusconi's son right now. Lets hope is dad listens to him...Gila and dida out with frey coming in...ronaldinho too expensive....zambrotta and mexes for the defense? haha lets hope he takes over his dads job sooner rather then later

20. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah, i saw that too. I agree with him as well although it'll be tough to get Mexes from Roma. Also if we trade Gila we'll only have Pato, Ronaldo and Pippo up front so we're going to have to get a couple of strikers as well because, as we've seen, we can't rely on Ronnie to be fit and Pippo is getting on while Pato is only 18.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still think Pippo and Ronnie will be gone next season.
    Why not go after Drogba? He is in his prime, unless Milan
    can discover a solid, unknown 15+ goal scorer.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SuperPippo isn't going anywhere. He's retiring with us.

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree, but he will be a super-sub.

24. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    good interview by silvio jr.
    i think they should get frey if they can,cup-tied or not
    we should do some long-term thinkin
    i also really like Mexes,so berlusconi should listen to Jr

25. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^^^ so he is cup tied?! if you play in the uefa cup you are cup tied in cl as well? we had this confusion earlier and i thought it was established that uefa cup doesnt cup tie a player?!