AC Milan official transfers, rumors, and speculation Thread 5

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New thread, last topic discussed-

Why Steven Gerrard would never make the move to Milan....

2. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Gerrard never leaving Pool is crap. He was inches away what, 2 summers ago? He openly stated he wouldn't be staying at Anfield, then changed his mind last minute.

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, if Gattuso goes to Rangers or anywhere else in Scotland, why not Gerrard, he would fit great with Pirlo and Kaka. Also, Seedorf is not getting any younger...

4. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Gerrard is not coming to AC Milan, I have no idea who came up with that but this guy has written a book about how much he LOVES Liverpool, and how much he hates all of the other clubs in England. Face it he is not coming to AC Milan.

How did this rumor start again?

OK so what about the rumors that AC milan is trying to draw Ronaldo and/or
    Ronaldhino as well. So we could get one or the other. My worry is that a trade like this could cost us Kaka. Neither Barcelona or Real Madrid will give up their biggest names unless they are getting Kaka in return. Also with the unsettling rumors that Kaka is not happy with Ancellloti (sp?), b/c of his position on the pitch. Rumors have it that Kaka will leave Milan before his contract is up in 2011, maybe as early as next season. This is another reason that I believe is going after big name Brazilians, to keep Kaka happy at Milan.
    I think that Sheva was his best friend at Milan and I think that he could use another good friend close by. Not to mention the assistance on the pitch.

Remember keeping Kaka happy at Milan, keeps Kaka at milan.

5. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may not be going to Milan, but he was inches away from going to Chelsea, I don't care what book he wrote stating his love, he openly said he wasn't going to stay at Anfield before, then did, last minute. It was Chelsea's money that almost got him away - don't buy the Liverpool love crap.

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If Liverpool keep winning (which is looking rather remote at the moment which annoys me to say) then he won't leave.

He's held up more trophies with Liverpool than he would have with Milan or Chelski, but he does want that league medallion.

Its not about the money, it was about ambition, and although he loves the club, he may leave to try for a League title.

He would be a great signing for any club.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And you thought my Gerrard aspirations were absurd?

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. fanostra

fanostra New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Chicago, IL
  11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd much rather have Di Natale than Iaquinta. Di Natale is a pure second striker, and that's what we need.

12. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Iaquinta would solve nothing.

13. midnightman

midnightman Member

Sep 15, 2004
    We need Klose!

14. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No thanks

15. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
  16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is still unproven on the big stage. And if we were to buy him it would mean the end of Gila in a Milan shirt since both players are too similar to coexist. Not to beat a dead horse, but we still need a second striker like Henry, Tevez, Cassano, etc.

17. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  18. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    He is a phenomenal talent and worth the gamble. I agree he wouldn't be an instant solution, but I think he will become world class.

He wouldn't come cheap at all, that's for sure. Not to mention there is a lot of competition for him as he's been linked with Arsenal and others. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea just poke their nose if someone actually made a bid. I'm more pleased with him being linked than anything else, it's a long long way from being anything more than a link.

19. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tavano's name has now come up, since he's outcast at Valencia, he's a pure second striker, and he's not cup-tied. If he can replicate last season's form it wouldn't be a bad acquisition, and he would probably come on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy in June.

http://sports.alice.it/it/cmc/calcio/200643/cmc_102414.html

20. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    I read somewhere that Milan were linked with Ryan Babel but I can't find the source I'll look for it.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember that also, I think it's in the last transfer thread.

22. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    He's a better option than other players we've been linked with.

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    C'mon guys is Huntelaars stats any better than Gila's three or four years ago? I mean sure Hunt scores 25-30 goals in Dutch league but Gila scored 23 goals in consecutive years with Parma.

I'm not slagging the dutch league but with all do respect Alberto's stats dwarf that of most (including Hutnerlaars) and I think spending 20 million dollars on a dutch striker who's anything less than a Van Nistelrooy carbon-copy is a waste.

Regardless I consider this rumour a smoke screen over the inevitable Ronaldo aquisition.

24. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh G-d please don't say that, even though I sadly know it is true

I also heard a rumor that we are going to lose Nesta, in January and I truly fear that things continue on this path than not only will we not qualify for Europe next season, but we will also lose Kaka. I just have this inky feeling that he will leave milan within the next year.

ps spending 100 million euros on either ronaldhino or ronaldo is a waste of money, think how many young talented players we could buy for that kind of money.

25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    We lose Nesta and/or Kaka, it will mean almost total rebuilding.