AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 7

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    150 million? how can i get into the spending money business and not have it effect my lifestyle?

Edit: sorry I forgot it was called debt :D

2. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Season tickets sold so far: 27,028
    If I understood, 2,000 season tickets were sold today.
    Money made, 9,554,824 Euro.

How many are other top teams selling right now, like Barcelona, and Real Madrid? Does anyone know?

Keep on selling those season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry it is a bit off topic.

3. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    just thinking...if chelsea get robinho, sheva might be odd man out...what r chances milan would go for him than..probably on a loan deal n only that..but how would our squad look if we had kaka ronaldinho pato boriello inzaghi n shevchenko...how bout a
    ka she ro lineup
    ---sheva----
    kaka-----ronaldinho

4. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Would you bench Pato for Sheva?

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry that is madness.

I think IF Sheva were to come back
    to the San Siro, he should be a super sub
    and play in Copa Italia and lots of UEFA
    Cup duty.

Why stunt the growth of a budding star
    to appease a man who left Milan and now
    is desperate to return?

6. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree, there is no reason why Sheva would start over Pato and Boriello, he would be used as a super sub with Pippo

7. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    If Sheva came back he wouldn't be starting. I don't think he'd have too much a problem being a sub either. If he's going to ride the pine at Chelsea, he might as well do it at Milan where at least his teammates have some respect for him.

8. Rocco1313

Rocco1313 Member

May 14, 2008
    NY
    Why doesn't Milan go for Brad Freidel? I don't know if he would leave England but you could probaly get him for a really good price.

9. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol, I think Milan want to stay away from players over 35 at this point.

10. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ancelotti made it seem like this was no big deal at all, just a knock and he should be fine soon, but who knows.

12. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, i suppose its not, but i think it will (or at least it should) all boil down to what ancelotti thinks of darmian... maldini cant play too many games, if nesta, or kaladze for that matter, were to suffer an injury our first choice and most used backline would become bonera and kaladze/nesta and darmian on the bench...

the question then becomes, does ancelotti like/trust him enough to throw him on (i mean cant get much worse than digao) or will he need to be adopted as a brother by another milan player?

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=2167

well, maybe it is a little more serious than first thought... I hope not

anyways, here's an article about the guys who could be brought in for more depth...

it says zapata would be ideal, but probably too expensive, so either ferrari or one of the two silvas (alex or thiago) from brazil. the third choice could be breno, as there has been speculation that he hasn't acclimated as well to germany as one would have hoped (this is probably pure speculation, btw :rolleyes: )...

I guess we will see.

14. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    nothing on canini eh? i thought galliani had a massive hard on for him...

15. Chowbay10

Chowbay10 Red Card

Apr 4, 2008
    Maryland
    I do not understand why nobody has gone after Kolo Toure at Aresnal, He is a top 5 centre back in my opinion. maybe we could get mexes

16. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  17. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    For the same reason that nobody is after Nesta even though he's still a top 5 centreback when healthy - Kolo Toure won't be available. He's too important and loyal for Arsenal to sell.

18. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Kolo Toure just caught malaria if im not mistaking so naah.
    And we cant get Mexes,he wont leave Roma right now.

but i thought we were finished on the market?or are we still trying to get a cb?weird

19. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  20. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    that would be a dumbass move
    lets pray goal is wrong again

21. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no one is going after kolo toure because of the reasons above and the fact that any epl player is just way overpriced...

while i think it sucks that we are selling them half of abate, but sometimes its necessary... look at giovinco, he didnt get enough chances at empoli, one because they had no financial interest in him and two because of this age old annoying serie a tradition of experience over youth...

if they at least have a financial interest in the player, they are kind of encouraged to play him more often to allow for development and hopefully a higher sale price...

22. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    I don't really think that selling half of Abate is necessary to give Torino the incentive to play him. Winning should be enough financial incentive for Torino to put out their best team. If they're better with Abate in the lineup then they'll play him.

I can't imagine Milan would purchase half of him just to sell it off again unless they could turn a quick arbitrage on him. If they did sell half his rights to Torino it must have been for more than they paid for the other half.

23. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we have sold half of abate to torino... its official, on the official website...

not the worst thing in the world, this ensures that he gets a good amount of playing time at torino and doesnt end up like giovinco, who honestly did not start the number of games at empoli that he deserved to... all because the coach was afraid to start youth and really they had no vested interest in his growth, they would get nothing out of it...

now torino does and they will play him...

and galliani says that we are still not making any more purchases, and said that even favalli could play in the center or even ambro... (oh boy, i really hope it doesnt come down to that)... no mention of darmian in that thoh, so i am curious to know if he is actually being promoted to first squad... there is mention of digao, so yay for all those who wanted to see him play again... namely, no one...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=788914

24. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always thought Ambrosini would end his career as a central defender. It's worth a try. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Bonera or Digao.

25. SandroNesta13

SandroNesta13 Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Milano/Lago di Como
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    milan will not purchase a center defender in this transfer season. getting flamini, ronaldinho, borriello, zambrotta, antonini is nothing to be ashamed of. galliani will not repair all of milan's problems in one transfer period. hopefully we will be OK at the back and nesta can stay relatively healthy during the season, as well as maldini. assuming maldini retires next year (even though he should not) and nesta will be well-aged, expect us to buy a big name central defender that we can build around. maybe zapata or mexes(my wish). the earliest i can see milan buying a center back is in january and probably just a fill in for someone who is injured.

also, i realize these rumurs of panucci are most likely false, but i would actually be very happy if we signed him. i know he is 35 but he still has great quality for sure. he would be great for at maximum 2 years.

i say just "tough it out" this season and wait until 2009 to buy our long term center defender--hopefully mexes. sandro gamberini and chiellini will probably be impossible.