AC Milan General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Who should replace Allegringo

1. Donadoni

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Di Matteo

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. other?

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Coaching Real is probaly one of the hardest jobs in regards to the big clubs.

What makes it difficult is that the whole club is build around Ronaldo in getting him goals and keeping him happy. You have a ton of other big name quality players, but all of them must play second fiddle to CR and they must be happy about it... so winning silverware is the only thing that does that.

Ronaldo is a very selfish player, he demands the ball every time, he will tap in other players shots, and he will cut off his own guys to take the shot on a loose ball in the final third.

Their future looks very bright with Asensio who is probaly going to be the next elite midfielder in the world.

2. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And Eto'o plus a few other very good players. I loved that team.

3. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    LGRod repped this.
  4. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    WOO! Gigio gettin the start over that old Jabroni! :p

Rosay repped this.
  5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    A distant cousin of Boban died in a match today. 25 years old.

LGRod and falvo repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2281 falvo, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018

Ray Wilkins: AC Milan icon Franco Baresi pays tribute to ... - The Sun

Ray Wilkins 1956-2018: Franco Baresi leads tribute ahead of Milan ...

Franco Baresi pays tribute to Ray Wilkins before Milan derby - LE BUZZ

'Ciao Ray' - Franco Baresi, AC Milan fans make touching tributes to ...

San Siro pays respect to Ray Wilkins before Milan derby | Daily Mail ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LGRod repped this.
  7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Paolo Maldini admits he is “selective” about his future projects, but at the same time “limited to either Milan or Italy” and can’t give Gigi Buffon advice.

The Rossoneri legend has been out of the football world since his retirement, despite repeatedly espousing fascinating ideas on how to revamp the game at club and international level.

“At the end of the day, I didn’t turn down that much, it’s just that I am very selective and talks didn’t go all the way,” Maldini told Sky Sport Italia.

"My story means I have to be selective, as my father was at Milan and so are my children. I am limited to two choices: either Milan or Italy.

“I’ve always said that I don’t necessarily need to work for either of the two, as my story is so much like a fairy-tale already. In order for me to be involved, we’d need a lot of things to happen and so far they haven’t happened.

“I am not the one who has to choose, either. At the moment, (Alessandro) Costacurta is the co-commissioner of the FIGC, but I don’t know how long he and the current leaders will be in charge and that’s a problem.

“I am always ready to listen to proposals from Milan and the Nazionale. Robert Mancini is the right man for the Italy CT, but we still can’t tell what the Federation will be like over the next few years and the project isn’t clear.”

While Maldini wouldn’t go elsewhere, Buffon has said he’s considering a move abroad after his Juventus experience is over.

“It’s difficult to give advice, because no two stories are the same. Only he knows how he feels. We are certainly bonded by one thing, which is our love for the sport and that’s what makes it difficult to say enough.

“It wasn’t so traumatic for me, as every May I’d decide whether to continue or not, in agreement with the club, Coach and teammates, based on my fitness levels.”

Another of Maldini’s former teammates is Gennaro Gattuso, who is now the Coach of Milan.

“I think he’s done really well. We all expected his grit, determination and hunger, but he also surprised us with his communication skills and tactical acumen. The experiences he had abroad and in Serie B, along with learning from great Coaches, did him good.

“I spoke to Rino when he first took the Primavera youth team job and he asked about my son. I said not to call him, as he wasn’t ready… but Rino ignored me!”

Alessandro Nesta, meanwhile, makes his Italian management debut on the bench of Perugia this evening in Serie B.

“I was surprised by his choice, though I knew already in mid-season he’d had contact with some Serie A clubs. He gained experience at Miami FC and now has to get into a bit more of a professional league, so Serie B is the right environment to do that. I think it’s a long-term project at Perugia and I wish him the best.”

I would love to see the legend back in some capacity.

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    uefa have referred milan to the adjudicatory chamber for ffp violations. i'm going to disagree with fassone on this. i can't say i'm surprised. from what we know yonghong li doesn't have the cash to repay the debt he took out to buy the club. if he did, why's he paying 12% interest or whatever to elliot? that puts us in a different situation from psg or man city. everyone knew their owners had the cash they were spending. they weren't going in debt to do it. uefa just wanted to impose their spending rules. for milan though, no one really knows whether li even has the cash to purchase the club, let alone the cash he's spent on new players.

10. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I feel a bit sorry for you if that happens because clubs like madrid, psg, mancity etc do the same but with a bit more cleverness then the rookie chinese investor...

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  11. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i think it's apples and oranges. the super clubs have benefactors who legitimately have the money to spend, but uefa's ffp rules don't let them spend above the revenue generated by the club. that's not what's going on at milan. we have an owner who had to offer the club as collateral to even make the purchase. then he took even more debt to finance the players who were bought last summer. that's exactly the kind of reckless spending that ffp was implemented to discourage.

i just hope we don't end up in a portsmouth/leeds/rangers situation and have the club and fans totally get hosed in the end.

12. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So Carletto is going down south to Naples for few years. Maybe they put up a better fight against Juve.

Midfield General repped this.
  13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Li apparently rejected a €450m takeover bid from Mohamed Al-Falasi, which would have settled the Elliott debt. Now Fassone, Patuano and Scaroni are trying to find a legal way of forcing the Chinese to sell.

Should set up an interesting summer.

LGRod repped this.
  14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Our women won the scudetto last season and we don't do financially strenuous things.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    yesterday was supposed to be the day we learned whether we get to play in the europa league or not. no news. so today is the day again. i'm going to be super bummed if we get booted.

18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the appeal at CAS is being heard today. f-i says the order should be announced around 1600 CET.

19. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, we won the appeal :). I'm sure our transfer season will be stellar now....

Rosay repped this.
  20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    ya. i started a EL thread earlier. idk about the transfer season, but at least we can look forward to spursdays again this year.

21. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Well Boys we’re back in the Europa league and Fiorentina tears are great.

Calcio Pauly, Rosay and stphnsn repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Glad that Leonardo Araújo is coming back to Milan. Not sure what happened to him in France but I always liked him as a player and administrator.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I feel bad for them. How else are they ever going to get another shot if it's not given to them?

@NickyViola

Cyclops1776 repped this.
  24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I don't know any Viola fan who was excited about the EL.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's not a lot of money, but then...you probably would be keeping a few players.
    Just heard a Badelj to Milan rumor. I think I'd prefer Chiesa though. His work rate on the wings would be very good for us.