AC Milan General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Who should replace Allegringo

1. Donadoni

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Di Matteo

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. other?

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    totti fan repped this.
  2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i was just going to post that. i saw a teaser on f-i and clicked over to the times to read the story. i expected more than "we didn't find anything, but it doesn't look good" from the story. i wanted details and revelations. these are the types of things we've been hearing about li since the beginning. i was optimistic at first. now i'm worried. it sure doesn't look good despite the lack of solid information.

i just wonder about berlusconi, fassone, and mirabelli. surely they wouldn't have done this if they hadn't believed in li and done their due diligence, right? berlu was smart and got his money up front, but you'd have to think he wouldn't want to sell to someone who didn't have the money to actually rebuild the club. even if he's not the owner anymore, if milan fails due to the new owners, that may well have political ramifications for berlu. the other two put their own reputations on the line by getting involved. that was part of the reason i was optimistic about this.

and what about elliot? i guess they probably know they can find a buyer for the club to cover their loan if/when they need to, and they're not worried about recouping the whole 800M or whatever li paid.

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Li get's some money out of China. Elliot sells back to Berlu at a less than what he received from Li. Master plan complete. :cautious:

phat repped this.
  6. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Berlu celebrates by spending the profit on Bunga Bunga parties and he reappoints G, and our transfer budget is zero parameter!

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nesta just quit Miami........stay tuned....

Rosay repped this.
  8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's brutal, the story all around that is.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2235 falvo, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Will Robinho really serve any time? I believe the same thing happened to Amantino Mancini and even though wiki says he served his sentence, he was always playing at a club so I don't believe he ever served a day in jail as he never left Brazil.

11. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    from what i've read, brazil won't extradite him to italy so as long as he doesn't travel somewhere where they will extradite him, he's not going to jail. that's assuming the conviction and sentence are upheld after the myriad levels of appeal available.

12. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    montella's out, and gattuso takes over for him. you guys got your wish. let's see how long it takes for gattuso to right the ship. based on his previous jobs, i'm not holding my breath.

13. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    he has so far this season taken the primavera team to 3rd place. thats a spot we all wish we were in!

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know what more Gattuso can do than Montella. I mean he may be able to overtake Lazio and Sampdoria but I don't see how he can have Milan play better than Napoli , Inter, Juventus or Roma. Not unless they buy better players. Last I read Kaka was in town and they are thinking about signing him in January. At 22 he was great but at 36, he is way past it.

15. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Not sure what to think about this while I don't want Montella as the coach I don't know if Gattuso can do much better right now. I don't want to take a 3rd club legend and give people a bad feeling about them.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well, this sucks.

I had high hopes Montella would be given at least a few seasons.

whill4, phat and Midfield General repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zidane has a great team at Real but as a rule, great players don’t usually make great managers. Mancini , Ancellotti and maybe Capello can be considered to have been good players and they turned into great coaches but as a rule, I think the managers who had so so careers as players usually make the best managers.

Inzaghi, Montella and Gattuso were all protagonists and national team players during their careers and their success so far has not translated into management. Coaching requires so many things that many fans don’t ever see , hear or read about and it’s not as easy as playing.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I wonder how many AC Milan players have retired as many AC Milan managers as Montolivo has.

19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    if we count tassotti, who served as an interim manager, he's working on his 8th starting today. allegri, tassotti, seedorf, inzaghi, miha, brocchi, montella, and rino. he's only been with milan since summer 2012. that's a lot of heads to let roll 5 and a half seasons.

20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2245 phat, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    I'm looking forward to the Milan press conferences and after game interviews. Its going to be great. :inlove:

I wish we had Mourinho and Conte in the league as well. Maybe even Tinker man.

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's the only smart one to have rejected the job all those years.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2247 falvo, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Other than the short stint as caretaker, Tassotti was always only an assistant .. I honestly don't think he ever wanted the job as head man.....

I forgot about Conte. He was fortunate to have landed the job at Juve as he was a former player and captain for the club. His career as a manager anyway, with Arezzo, Bari, Atalanta and Siena was heading south. I don't follow the EPL that much but last I heard, I believe his job at Chelsea is also in jeopardy.

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Jeezus, another coach. Hope it does not result in the same destiny as Pippo or Clarence

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pretty much what I said Falvone. :)

He was the only one smart enough to stay away from that gig.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly and I was agreeing with you. I pretty sure Er Tasso figured he had more job security staying on as an assistant. I also think after his wife died, he didn't want to risk leaving Milan, the club he was with since 1980.