AC Milan coach Ancelotti: New slimline Ronaldo will surprise you

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Koby7STAR, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed fans will soon see a new slimline version of Ronaldo.

The Brazilian has often been ridiculed for carrying excess weight, but the root cause is a medical condition known as hypothyroidism where a lack of hormones are produced by the thyroid gland. He has now lost over five kilograms since moving to Milan from Real Madrid.

"You will see him very soon and it will be a surprise for everyone," Ancelotti said yesterday. "He looks like a model and he will have a great season. He is motivated and wants

[​IMG]

2. Air Fly

Air Fly New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    I dig that. Ronaldo has slimmed considerably. can't wait to see em on friday.

First trophy in the bag since joining milan, i'm hoping.

o fenomeno the greatest.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This is a Milan thread. Moved.

4. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    it's more of a player thread

5. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    I find Real Madrid very different than Milan in the way they handle players.

Real Madrid just wants to buy the best, when they are the best. I rarely hear them developing a player. I find that Milan will help to develop a player that they see has done well in the past in an attempt to have him regain the form he had when he was at his peak.

Watch and see Ronlado will have a freakin awesome year...!!! (barring any freak injury)

6. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    the have done excellently wth seedorf and Nesta for example, they are a very inspiring club for players new and old.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    granted, nesta was more lazio's troubles than milan picking him up after bad form, but yeah, milan makes a living trying to pick guys who have fallen out of favor for various reasons, at their respective clubs, and give them a calming environment in which to maximize their chances of succeeding. sometimes they don't work out, but since we buy usually before or after they reach peak value, then it doesn't cost us as much.

8. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    which player would you say has been Milans best buy for the 'troubled in past but now good'

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    first i want to make sure i know what you mean by troubled, physical problems, or just not playing for whatever reason and written off. nesta's team was troubled, though he surely wasn't, seedorf was older and looked at as a disappointment for inter, pirlo was younger, but couldn't find room, cafu was looked somewhat at as being past it, and ronaldo truly had troubles on and off the pitch, so which one's qualify (all, some, none), then we can think through and give you an answer what you mean by troubled, and rank them.

10. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    there wouldnt be a good enough answer for just say a best of the 'troubled player',
    so maybe the best of players they have saved.

11. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pirlo without a doubt, he could have been an average no.10 playing for provincial clubs, but i honestly believe he has found his niche as the deep playmaker at milan, as this gets the best out of him. I wouldn't say he was ever a "troubled player" though, but Ancelotti re-invented him as a player who i believe to be the best in the world in his position.

12. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well then, i think then pirlo would qualify as he was 22 and was just buried and inter was starting to look at him as a guy who wouldn't cut it as more than a mid-table #10, and maybe even cafu, though roma has also had some financial difficulties, iirc the general consensus was that il pendolino was starting to derail (anyone like the play on words :p), but nesta i will throw out, as plenty of other teams wanted him, just lazio couldn't afford him (it would be like saying united "rescued" ferdinand from leeds for 30M pounds cause they were having financial difficulties, it is a stretch on the meaning of rescue). seedorf is a certainty and then ronaldo and emerson the jury is out on. I also won't count gattuso as he wa so young and still bought for like 3M pounds at a young age, so he was looked upon as a promising prospect still, though he had fallen out of favor with the rangers staff.

so, in recent years

pirlo
    seedorf
    cafu
    ronaldo

are the four main ones i can think of, which combined with the development of kaka (wenger, who has a great eye for talent looked at kaka and saw "nothing special" or words to that effect) and gattuso, and hopefully gourcuff
    means the majority of our first xi are diamonds in the rough or reclamation projects, in fact we do better with those than the "big" signings it seems :eek:.

13. lololol

lololol New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    So finally Ancelotti will finally unleash our "secret" weapon upon the rest of the football world? I can't wait! If Ronaldo returns to the form he had at Barca and Inter then it's cock out time baby!

But seriously I don't see our team as made of diamonds out of rough though. Gattuso was always highly rated by managers like Alex Ferguson and the same can be said for Kaka. In fact only Pirlo I can see as one diamond out of nowhere then again he did play inter so that could count as a reclamation project. :p :D

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not when they were younger, though. now they are for sure, but kaka was got for relative peanuts.

15. ACMILAN-Maldini03

ACMILAN-Maldini03 New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    FLORIDA, USA
    (SparkBomba) Soltanti tu l'sola persona che a detto l'piu expressiva ed correcta parole! I could not say it any better my friend! AC Milan has always dedicated their entire state of the art training, physiological and medical e=scientific training methods to any of the players that are from any of the Rossoneri venues! Including the stars (galacticos). As for the match coming up on Friday... I've been counting the days for three weeks now. I'm about to explode. I can't wait to see our new and improved AC Milan Race car. Even a slim and trim scoring machine like Ronaldo!!! My great idol (Paolo Maldini) aims possibly for a Settembre return? I Pray he's healing. Forza Milan. Forza Azzurri/ACMILAN-Maldini