AC Milan 2013/14 Coppa Italia Thread [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brkic made a crazy save on a Balotelli free kick. That was all power but the Udinese keeper got a hand on it. Meanwhile Emanuelson continues to be wasteful with the ball. When will Abate be back so De Sciglio can move out left again.

Lopez runs up the middle freely and makes it 2-1

Like I said in an earlier posting. Many parts still needed for this team defensively.

Kqql repped this.
  2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    honestly i have never seen a team where nearly every player is playing for themselves when they get forward, they're either shooting when they should pass or holding on to the ball in hope something opens up then they lose the ball, pandev would suit this team, udinese finally score by that me me me method

Kqql and gcstorm9 repped this.
  3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    dangerous tackle by mexes, should be straight red and a long walk to the #bench

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Abate on. Well. that answers my question. Urby and Birsa = :thumbsdown:

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    should we start the fire seedorf thread now? or wait til the match is over?

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'd like a "what defenders are available on the transfer market thread."

Well that's that. Maybe we can start to really focus on a youth movement now.

7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i think its clear milan need an overhaul, too many players who look like they'd rather be at home on the playstation instead

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a pretty big blow, we might not see milan in europe next season unless seedorf somehow manages to get the team going cause holy mother you guys looked so lacking and ineffective.

9. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    is it too late to buy a defender during this window? wasn't vidic for sale? or could we bring back nesta?

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Robinho wants to go back to Brazil. Kaka is past it. Birsa and Urby need no comment. Zapata is average. Bonera is a real stiffy. Mexes can get no better and has been average. The jury is out on Honda and Rami. Until Honda shows worth, we have to play Robinho. If Seedorf was half interested in this game, as the lineup suggests, then its grounds to use one of, or more of the Saponara's, Poli's and Cristante's

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We might see the city of Milan not having a team in Europe next season because Internazionale are in free fall only collecting 7 points from their last 8 League games.

Milan were extremely poor I thought. Lacking motivation and were in large parts of the game outplayed by a poor Udinese team who I last saw getting beat by Lazio even with a man advantadge. Even when Milan were losing there was no impetus to really score and even if there was it was really weak.

The centrel defence needs a overhaul and I thought De Jong covering them was poor. One of his passes went straight to a Udinese player but Fernandes's shot was saved. Honda was ineffective with no end product at all and Kaka had no effect on the game.

The defence needs a complete facelift and that must be the priority. Then the talented youngsters in midfield can be intergrated into the team with confidence knowing that they have a stable platform behind them.

12. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    poli, cristante, and others had the flu.

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Is that what they were saying...glad it wasn't an eye injury from a tanning bed.

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seedorf, “In football you can have the strongest defence in the world, but if the whole team doesn’t contribute then they are going to be exposed."

That's correct and all but strong and defense shouldn't be used in the same sentence with Milan.

"In the first 30 minutes against Verona and again here we held possession in the opposition half, but it takes time to be consistent in this approach."

The team panics when losing possession because they know the defense is easily exposed, and crap.

“I think all players at certain moments understand the situation and can come back to help out. Mario did that a lot tonight.”

De Jong is not enough. Can someone tell me which club is making the next Gattuso?

15. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I saw a stat flash across the screen that said more than 20 passes went to a Udinese player. Many of them were unpressured. That was ugly.

16. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think this might have been the worst Milan game in recent memories. Our passing was just atrocious. Literally every time we go the ball we gave it away. We gave up possession multiple times and when we did attack, we had no cohesion. I wonder how different Seedorf's tactics are to what Allegri has been saying. It looked as if they were lost and confused. I like the formation, but I think it will take time for the players to 1) buy into lineup and 2) get used to it. Sadly, this game was important and Udinese looked and played much better. Not a good game at all...

Rossonero23 repped this.
  17. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    CLARENCE SEEDORF
    “We’re very disappointed for what the fans are going through. We have to look forward and build and you can’t construct something important in just a couple of days. All the different pieces of the club are working in the same direction for the future. The important thing is to evaluate the positives from the performance, looking at the mistakes, to understand our potential and to plan the future which will take time. I thought the players looked psyched, especially in the first half, then the penalty changed that. Udinese didn’t do much at the start when we played well for half an hour. It was one of those games. Udinese didn’t push forward a lot but they were more incisive. Like I said before we have a lot of work to do. There’s enthusiasm around the club thanks to the fans. These are moments when we have to stay calm and that’s what I’m here for. We’ll focus on the job and the results will come. I know the game well enough. After 22 years with some truly great coaches, I know that time brings results. Ideas and work always pay off. The club will take care of the transfer market. The players are working hard but they have yet to take on some of the mechanisms that I want. I’m not expecting miracles. I had 7 players out with fever this evening, but that’s not an excuse. We have to be objective and have trust in what we’re doing. Zapata felt a twinge and we didn’t want to risk anything. At the moment, we need all the players.”

RICARDO KAKA'

“We’re really disappointed. The cup was the best way to get into Europe next season and now we have a tough road ahead of us in the league. All credit to Udinese but once we took the league we should have got the result. The formation didn’t work today but against Verona it did. We’ll start off again from that and keep working. We have little to talk about and lots to work on. It’s a tough moment and it’s bad to get knocked out of the cup at home. There’s a chance now that we won’t be playing in Europe next season but we should take this as a motivation. It’s hard to imagine a Milan side that doesn’t play in Europe. It’s tough for all of us at the moment. We have a lot of improving to do.”

gcstorm9 repped this.
  18. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I really like what Seedorf had to say. It wasn't the normal Allegri we did well but we didn't get result bullshit. It was honest, it was heartfelt and it was the truth. It's tough to switch coaches and mentality and tactics in middle of season, especially right before and important game. We can hope that we end the season on a good note with a head start on to next year. Ah, we can hope..

BH Fanatico repped this.
  19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #44 Kqql, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014

Coppa Italia
    RECAP -> Milan 1-2 Udinese

-

Scorers: Balotelli 6 (M), Muriel pen 41 (U), Nico Lopez 77 (U)

Milan:
    Abbiati;
    De Sciglio, Zapata (Mexes 36), Rami, Emanuelson (Abate 86);
    De Jong, Nocerino (Honda 81);
    Birsa, Kaka, Robinho;
    Balotelli

Udinese:
    Brkic;
    Danilo, Heurtaux, Domizzi;
    Gabriel Silva, Widmer, Allan, Badu, Lazzari (Pinzi 93);
    Bruno Fernandes (Pereyra 68);
    Muriel (Nico Lopez 74)