AC Milan 2013/14 Champions League Thread [R] Round of 16 - Final

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Milan just carved Atletico Madrid... keep it going Milan!

Diego Simeone is a clown skeezeball, beat these guys down now

2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    how lucky? 2-1 atleti

3. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Atletico have to be the luckiest scumbags ive ever seen

4. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    So Atletico have scored 3 goals on 1 real chance and 2 half chances over two legs. Edit they just got another half chance.

5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    milan have lost all belief after that 2nd goal

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    well its def over now, this milan team has to put a lot of effort in to play well and can only do it for 45 mins

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    good bye champions league.:(

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well at least we scored 'a' goal.

Seeing how we're so useless going forward I didn't even think we'd score at all (a nice surprise for a change).

9. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :thumbsdown:

feelsbadman.jpeg

10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sorry guys... Man this competition is so heart breaking

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its heart breaking when you play well and lose.

Napoli has a reason to be heart-broken - they deserved to be there.

Milan on the other hand doesn't deserve to be there however it is ultimately heart breaking to see the club fall so far from grace.

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You guys will be back. Not sure how long it will take.

But a club like AC Milan doesn't just fall off the face of the earth.

Milan does need to evaluate a good 75-80% of the roster and see who deserves to be there.

To be honest I watched and honestly only 2 guys worked their asses off and it was Kaka and De Jong. The rest are crap. That first goal should have never happened.

I watched Atletico v. Celta Vigo. They did the same thing to them as they did to you guys and that was take advantage of mistakes.

But I haven't watched Milan too much in Serie A, but Balotellis performance tonight was despicable, for a player of his talent to lollygag with, what might be the last CL game for Milan in a while was sad to see and he said he was childhood fan of Milan.

Don't mean to compile on the sorrow, I think the management decisions of the next few months will be indicative of where the management sees AC Milan and what they want to do to fix it.

13. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Out now, 99.9% no CL next season. That will hurt our revenue more. Balotelli or SES to be sold to make up for the shortfall in revenue. Or will Berlusconi finally wake up and decides to sell the club?

14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Arrigo Sacchi launched a scathing attack on Milan after their 4-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid. “This is not a team.”

The former Rossoneri Coach is now a pundit for Sport Mediaset and was horrified by the 5-1 aggregate exit.

“It is a sad moment for Milan and for Italian football,” said Sacchi.

“This is not a team. They do not defend collectively and this just highlights the limitations of every individual player.

“In attack they have many soloists, but the style of football has no logic to it. I was also disappointed by Adel Taarabt tonight, as he wandered around the field.

“On the other side, we have a good collective with a great striker like Diego Costa who is wonderful at moving off the ball.”

http://www.football-italia.net/46322/sacchi-milan-arent-team

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont see sacchi coming in to help milan any its easy to talk when you are on the outside of things.

16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    honestly... I see more Sacchi's style in Atletico then in Milan, but thats because he isn't the coach of Milan, and Atletico loves to have the whole team pressing

17. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Cue Funeral march... :((

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    milan will be back you guys will always win out in the end.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sacchi is right!

21. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What a depressing game. I guess, it was the end. The sole hope of the season is gone. Milan has looked like its improving under Seedorf, but our defense is in shambles and we can't score goals. Just a bad team. That video they posted was very sad. We used to have a team of legends and a filler here of there. Now, we have a team of fillers with few WC guys. Just disappointing as a fan to watch em...

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Whether they can afford to keep Balo or not he should be sold immediately.

I'll admit I was on the Balo bandwagon when we got him thinking Milan was a platform for him to unleash his explosive talents (and early on it seemed that way) but what's ended up happening is a stone-cold realization by many that he's nothing more than a petulant child with serious issues completely devoid of any work ethic and not enough overall production to back anything up.

He's making 4 million net which means Milan is shelling out 7 mil in gross pay - in other words, he needs to be dumped because we can't build around him and he's barely producing anything as it is.

In fact the whole team needs to be gutted (again lol).

Here are all the salaries:

Marco Amelia 31 €1,000,000 2015
    Christian Abbiati 36 €1,500,000 2014
    Gabriel 20 €500,000 2017
    Philippe Mexès 31 €4,000,000 2015
    Cristian Zapata 26 €1,500,000 2016
    Daniele Bonera 32 €1,300,000 2015
    Matías Silvestre 28 1,100,000 2014
    Jherson Vergara 19 200,000 Since 2013
    Kévin Constant 26 €1,000,000 2017

Mattia De Sciglio 20 1,000,000 2016
    Ignazio Abate 26 €1,800,000 2014
    Cristian Zaccardo 31 800,000 2016
    Nigel de Jong 28 €3,000,000 2015
    Sulley Muntari 28 €1,500,000 2015
    Bakaye Traoré 28 1,200,000 2015
    Andrea Poli 23 1,300,000 2017
    Riccardo Montolivo 28 €3,500,000 2016

Bryan Cristante 18 240,000 2018
    Riccardo Saponara 21 600,000 2018

Urby Emanuelson 27 €1,100,000 2014
    Stephan El Shaarawy 20 €2,400,000 2018
    M’Baye Niang 18 800,000 2017
    Robinho 29 €2,500,000 2016
    Giampaolo Pazzini 29 €2,700,000 2015
    Andrea Petagna 18 2018
    Mario Balotelli 22 €4,000,000 2017
    Alessandro Matri 29 2,500,000 2018
    Kaka 31 €4,000,000 2017

Kaka, Balo, Robinho, Urby, Bonera, Mexes (********ing disgrace he's even allowed to ride the same bus while he makes his 4 mil *********************) Matri (on load to Firence, hopefully they decide to keep him), Muntari, Constant all need to be liquidated.

Hell you can even throw in Monto if the right offer is there (we don't really need him and he's not captain worthy anyways).

Also don't bother resigning Tarrabt, Rami and whoever; they're not essential players and we can't afford their salaries or buyouts for that matter.

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ^^ what he said ^^

Time to give the team (from owner down) a few of these,

[​IMG]

and then flush

24. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I disagree about Balotelli. I've been a fan of his for years and think he is a star. I think Milan and him are lacking because everyone knows HE IS THE ONLY OFFENSE. Opposing teams game plan to shut him down through double teams or swarming him in midfield when he gets the ball. The idea is, make someone else beat them, and we have NOBODY else that scares teams. Kaka, Robinho, Honda, Birsa are all nice players but they aren't goal scorers. They aren't hustlers either like Xavi/Iniesta. They aren't wingers like Ronaldo/Bale or Robben/Ribery. It's a weird mix of 3 guys who need the ball at there feet playing together and not creating chances to score. Lots of possession and passes but no finishing.

On the national team, Balo thrives because he has Candreva/Cerci and proper wingers that make teams open up and cover the outside. Milan are playing 3 trequartistas with 2 mids and a CF. That's the reason why teams counter us so easily and if we lose the ball in MF we are screwed.

I like a lot of our players but we need to get rid of a lot. Sadly, with no CL next season we won't have that money. However, that $$ won't effect us till the next year, so we might not sell guys now, but if we don't qualify again next season, than for sure we'd sell because Berlusconi won't pay out of his own pocket.

I'd be fine with never seeing Abbiati, Bonera, Essien, in a Milan jersey again. Add Silvestre, Zaccardo, Robinho, to the guys who can leave also. We need to add quality to the team, no more fillers and other teams waste. 1 or 2 is fine to round up the squad, but our team is filled with back ups starting. Just sad to see where we were, and here we are today. If only Ibra and Silva never left. Sure, we might not be beating Barca in CL finals, but we surely wouldn't be in the current shit storm we are today.

25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    cheer up, guys. forza milan.

[​IMG]

gcstorm9 and kickball21 repped this.