AC Milan 2013/14 Champions League Thread [R] Round of 16 - Final

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 10, 2014.

1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Stale is an understatement. Right now Milan is rotting away and it begins from the very top (ownership) starting with their dilapidated stadium as the foundation.

LGRod, Rossonero23 and BobanFan repped this.
  2. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    wasn't able to watch the game (sadly a trend that is growing) but from the highlights it seems like the team played well. why was de sciglio subbed so early? was he injured or was he just not performing? is balotelli okay?

also, from the chances that were showed in the highlight reel, why can't milan play with motivation in every game? i know we have "CL DNA" and whatnot, but it would be nice if there was some consistency to their play as opposed to mediocre performances and then a good CL game here and there. (ie. like thee barca game during the group stage or beating celtic 3-0)

3. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    De Sciglio was injured in a tackle, the Athletico guy was lucky to only get a yellow IMO.

On the whole it was like the derby, play well and don't score, the run out of gas and concede a sloppy goal

Kqql and Rossonero23 repped this.
  4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think we will win there 2-1 and advance

Kqql and Rossonero23 repped this.
  5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    optimism! very rare to see these days!

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We talked about this in messaging. I said those exact words to you; that the only good that can come out of a Seedorf appointment is !f Seedorf, being a young coach just coming off his playing days, can connect better with the youth and understands how to develope them.

Then Milan need to go with a full blown youth movement with only character guys to help mold them, and stop with the freebie stop gaps. When Ibra/Silva was sold I had an interesting debate with Dumb and Dumber who were all about spending da monies. It was clear that Milan was not going to be spending and there were signs of a potential youth movement but panick sets in, fans demand signing, and bad decisions follow.

If we are going with youth, then let's go. If not, then open up the purse. Like Mr. Miyagi says, "if you walk down middle of road you get squashed like grape!" Old school reference for those who remember the 80's, and for you too Honda :)

That's what's happening with Milan right now.

Sure, out of debt, turning a profit, but pissing in the wind.

Let's start by fixing the D. The only two worth keeping are Abate and De Sciglio. Not sold on Rami yet to be honest.

LGRod and Kqql repped this.
  7. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    and sadly they're both most effective at RB. now de sciglio is good at LB too, but better at the right. i think

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

Maybe we they guys play ;)

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I missed the good times. Although you should have included Ronaldo as well :)

10. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    that video almost brought tears to my eyes haha. i miss the talent level we used to have

P.S. and a lot of those highlights weren't even from very strong milan teams

Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

Our last CL match!

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I figured I'd post here today seeing as how its likely our last match in CL for a while (well at least 7 months but probably more like years).

Don't know why Muntari is starting to be honest - you'd figure that if Essien is good to go (even if he's not at optimal fitness) that he would be an automatic start.

Also I think depending how Kaka performs today is really going to determine whether he goes to Brazil or not. If he ends up being another pedestrian player marginalized by a sophisticated Atleti defense then I think he knows his international career is over (and his European club career for that matter).

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What are the odds?

14. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    FT Result
    Atletico 1.53
    Draw 4.33
    Milan 7.00

To Qualify
    Atletico 1.083
    Milan 8.00

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    As terrible as Milan have been, they still dominated 75 mins of the 1st leg. They have the quality to score goals from nothing and the experience to take down Atletico.

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I will take those odds. Any recommendations on some good betting sites?

17. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Those odds are from bet365

18. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I had a little wager on the 8.00 for Milan to qualify. Also Milan +1.25 on the asian handicap.

I know it's always the same story for Milan but they've been good in the CL. Only losses were against Barca at the Nou Camp (a game in which they played admirably) and the loss in the 1st leg (a game they dominated for the most part). These players should be playing for their futures tonight and the future of Milan because CL football isn't coming back for awhile.

19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i had backed Atleti to beat milan both home and away but i recon milan can do it tonight, A 2-1 win isnt impossible, good luck

20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Milan need a game without mistakes, Atletico pounces on those all day, Milan took the game to Atletico in the first leg

good luck!

21. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Essien is incredibly stupid, a shadow of his former self

22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    holy crap 1-0 already, com said milan now have to score twice, get a clue you retard, they had to score twice anyway, awfull marking, you cant be that slack this early

23. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    well that should just about do it.

24. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    nothings changed, milans objective is still to get 2 goals, they just gotta avoid conceding or else it will almost certainly be over with

25. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli