Abou Di-injury thread (2015/2016)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by elessar78, Sep 15, 2015.

1. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Speaking of which, surgical option being explored for Jack. If he goes under the knife, he's probably done.

2. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    The fibula is the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg, with a minor role in weight bearing. Because it does;t bear a lot of weight, I have to believe that what is worrying is that it wasn't healing right.

3. lynesjc

lynesjc Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 21, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The matter of fact is that this latest injury was not soft tissue, and more freak than not. A very minor stress fracture in the Fibula, which is already a tricky bone to injury. By putting in a plate that are trying to make sure that the bone is stronger than before, but also helping it to heal.

He could probably wait another month and be good to go, but by putting this in they are trying to reduce the possiblity for further injury, and constant discomfort when running and cutting at full speed.

It seems to be that his soft tissue injuries have slowed down, a lot like Aarons, so if he can get over this hump and get a run of games, he should be good to go. I mean, he's only 23. Theoretically he still probably has about a decade at the highest level. I'm willing to see his recover out, even if it's for purely sentimental reasons.

Jack is a son of Arsenal, and Arsene to an extent. While we have many players who "love the club", he is probably the only one who would legitimately run through a ********ing brick wall for the crest. You can't buy that kind of loyalty anymore. I don't care how long it takes for him to come good, I just think he will.

He's still 5 years younger than Abu, and he's not relied upon as a part of the midfield rotation these days, so his prolonged recovery doesn't give us that many issues. He'll be back for crunch time.

On Welbeck

He had to have died. I legit don't understand what kind of "bruising" he had. It had to have been a ligament issue.

On Tom

One has to think that his career is effectively over. He's looking to miss the majority of the season at 33 years old. That's sad, but he's probably gone in the summer, whether it be retired or to another lower league. However, he will be the first player to likely get an Arsenal testimonial since God.

The definition of Legend varies from person to person, but I consider Tom a personal Arsenal legend. Devoted servant to the club, and when healthy, performed wonderfully for the Arsenal.

daedalus repped this.
  5. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On Jack, I said in the summer that I really wanted to sell to City if they were legit throwing big dollars around. I am nervous that if he goes to a rival he will finally figure out how to stop playing stupid footy and how to stay healthy and make me regret it. But for quite some time now I've been resigned to the fact that he is never going to come anywhere near reaching his potential as long as he plays for us, and this just reinforces my opinion.

On Razza, I couldn't agree more, and I pray he gets that very deserved testimonial. He is one of my all time favorite servants for the club, an absolute legend, and on his day simply sublime.

6. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    Good player and he seems like a nice guy, but no where near a legend. He was getting paid millions of pounds to stay at arsenal. Hardly something I'd consider to be all that noble.

7. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are you talking about Rosicky? He's in his 10th season with the club, he's been brilliant at times, won us some important matches, never complained no matter how big or small a role he was given (often deserving bigger than he got), always made a positive impact, a great ambassador for the club ... I have a massive group of Gunners friends and pretty much to a man he is considered a legend in these parts.

meyers repped this.
  8. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    BigEffingGooner repped this.
  9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some people's bodies just can't handle the rigor of the game

10. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    The thing that is starting to worry is not just necessarily the frequency of injuries, it's the slowness of recovery. Jack, diaby, rosicky and now welbeck. I wonder if there is some nutritional issues or too much smoking/drinking while recovering that's holding players back? I'm sure I'm just reaching for something, but this is the second announcement in two weeks of a player not recovering as planned and needing surgery.

Honestly, I'm not sure jack has a future with the club past this season. It's a shame, but we can't rely on someone who barely is available as our 2nd or third option for two CM slots. I'm happy to give him the chance at another full season, but if Jeff comes along and/or we get a chance to bring in a more reliable CM, I wouldn't have a problem with selling him off to fill the homegrown ranks of city or United for the right money in 2017.

MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  11. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Jack should have been sold this summer. We all knew he would break.

DaPrince84 and BigEffingGooner repped this.
  12. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  13. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't have much hope for Wilshere's future at this point.

14. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Long road to recovery sadly. Guy has massive potential

Hope he recovers like aaron

MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. I miss Tomas. I doubt I ever have or ever will miss Jack.

17. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Coquelin may be out for up to four weeks.

Could have never seen this coming. Truly astounding. How could Wenger have ever prepared for such an unforeseeable set of circumstances?

OwlSaver and daedalus repped this.
  18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wenger is a clown that's why

No one can defend him for this shower if shit week and transfer window

19. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he ever manages 40+ games in a single season again for Arsenal I will be shocked. He's as brittle as a china tea cup.
    The injuries have seriously hampered his development.

20. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am certainly not a Wenger backer, but I am a realist. I've learned to accept who Wenger is, and he is unwavering.

Therefore, get ready for weeks of, "We have Arteta and Flamini and Chambers and the Polish teenager and . . ."

We're literally 5 world class players deep at the defensive mid position :whistling::thumbsup:

thebigman repped this.
  21. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club: