A woman's complaint

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by johan neeskens, Nov 14, 2009.

1. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wtf are you babbling about??

Her last racist remark towards Italian people was written just a few days ago, and not in world rivalries.

I posted a link in that very Italy-Holland thread.

'Joke' my ass, she's been posting racist crap like that for years all over the various forums, just do a search through her posting history.

Taking into account her overt xenophobia and anti-Italianism, FNU's reaction was actually very composed.

If FNU gets carded for those pictures, neeskens should get a permanent ban from bigsoccer for racism.

And you should step down as a moderator.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    OK fair enough.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So a post about greasy eye-ties on a non-football related thread to you is as bad as posting a picture of a battered woman on a football related thread? I mean, really? Did I deserve that post in your view? Also, as DDR said, why did you not report me then and at the time?

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Are you telling me it's not normal to offer my three year old a reefer?

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Except, Johan isn't a racist. Only in your mind.

FNU, however, is a misogynist. Well, either that or he's cynical to the point of distaste.

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The post you quoted comes from a forum called "Free For All" ... what does that imply to you?

Also I don't moderate that forum and so it's none of my business. If it offends you so much you can report the post and the moderator who is in charge of that forum can have a look at it and make a decision.

What you did served no point but to escalate the situation.

FNU was carded, because he broke the rules of the forum I am assigned to moderate. Had it been johan neeskens that broke the rules of the Italy forum then I would have carded her just the same as I carded FNU.

Next time you find something that offends you, go through the proper channels because all you did was flame the fire.

7. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    [​IMG]

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    sorry this mess unfolded on the NT board...was away over the weekend and I'm catching up on this now. Seem to have the same problem DDR is referring to...

9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What I did was simply highlighting neeskens' hypocrisy and pointing out why some people told her to get the ******** away from the Italian forum in a rude way. I didn't flame anything.

Plus, she did break the rules, she started trolling. She's as much deserving of a yellow card as FNU.

I know you can't punish the troll for the multiple xenophobic remarks she made in various forums, but you can ban her indefinitely from the Italian forum. The admin though can (and should) ban her for racism.

Oh, and 'free for all' simply means that you can post non-football related generic stuff, not that you can freely talk out of your ass and spew racial slurs.

Racism is explicitly prohibited by the 'terms of service'.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You escalating the situation.

If you are so intent on making this point, source it. The three links you posted are not in the Italy forum (2 in FFA and 1 in WR) nor were they written in the last 6 months (in fact, one was over a year ago :rolleyes:)

What were you trying to prove?

Where, outside of the 606/FFA threads or outside WR?

huh? Seriously, source it.

I know she can be annoying and irritating (I have thought, in the past, that she has definitely gone over the top), but your claim that she should be banned because she is xenophobic (for the Dutch?) and anti-Italian is just stupid.

11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in the day when I had more time to internet and stuff, I was part of one of those threads in FFA where several regular posters gathered. Quite often, we would make uncool comments if posted else where, but since we knew each other, we knew the context and knew how uncool it was or was not. The 606 threads are of the same mold. As I see you do not visit FFA much (at all?) by a quick post search, I gather you do not understand this context.

While I think this is correct (I just read the TOS and found nothing that plain in language), one must be careful with the tag. As you are a regular in P&CE and sub fora, you know that posters get labeled unfairly. If somebody is being outright racist, I'm all for giving them the boot from the site. But somebody who is irritating is best left ignored. That is what I do to ITN.

12. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I must be missing something here -- since when are racist posts allowed in FFA or non-soccer-related threads? :confused:

13. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. This sounds a lot like the story of the lil' dutch girl that cried wolf.

If someone posted a picture of a beaten up white man, would we all be consumed with fake outrage? :rolleyes:

14. Dignan23

Dignan23 Member+

Jul 6, 2001
    Fort Vancouver, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Twenty26Six condones sexism. Got it.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    If someone posted a picture of a beaten up slave in response to a black man's post, what would the reaction be?

I'm hardly the type to whinge and complain nor did I ask for your pity. I don't even neg rep and I did not ask for FNU to get carded. This was just going too far however and it needed to be publicly acknowledged that it was. The people among you that don't get why it was going too far are sorry individuals. The 'she deserved it' posts in particular make me sick to my stomach.

As for everybody else, thank you for your supportive comments.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    One final thing and then I'm done with this. Next time you're planning on replying to a female poster with an insult, ask yourself, would you be OK with this if this was your mother, daughter, wife, or girlfriend. If you received an email of a female relative or friend of yours that you didn't like, would you really proceed to reply to her with the picture of a battered woman, or would you be OK with it if someone else replied to her in the same way. Also ask yourself how that female relative or friend would react. Be honest now.

17. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    FFS you (& your mate FNU) should get a life ......... as well as a sense of humour.

I'm the only one of Italian origin on the FFA threads that neeskens was posting on. I'm not offended, so wtf do you think you're doing using these quotes OUT OF CONTEXT to support an argument WITH NO MERIT about neeskens supposed racism on the Italian Board?

Strewth, what a precious petal we have here. :rolleyes:

18. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Geez I hope I never get embroiled in a mess like this cause if someone did a search of my posts they'd be convinced i was in the KKK or something!!! :D

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    lol

:D

20. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're playing the race card, and it's not warranted.

Ask the board members I moderate, I am very sensitive to race, gender, and people of disabilities. But, Johan is in _no way_ innocent here. If you joke about someone's ethnicity, expect them to joke about something equally sensitive.

You've made the bed, lie in it. Don't bring it to customer service and complain about it.

21. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    As much as I dislike many of Johan's posts and find her one of the most intensely annoying members of the boards, I do have some sympathy for the underlying point here.

Women do tend to be badly treated here.

There are a good number of posters who go beyond what would commonly be considered acceptable in any civilised arena, and a lot of posts towards women would be sharply pulled up if it was directed at another minority.

I personally don't consider a picture of a battered person (man or woman, black or white) is acceptable if the subtext is this is what will happen to you.

22. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    26, may I ask, have you seen all the images in the bin? Did you also click on the links matteo gave to see the context of the conversations, none of which had anything to do with the thread that the flaming images were posted in? The first one is from a 2004 World Rivalries Thread called "Not enough Italy mocking threads." Her post was totally normal WR banter that fit in the thread. It was actually self-deprecating in a way.

Are you sure you understand what is going on in this specific situation? No matter how annoying Johan can be, if you think those images are an appropriate response to the football-related argument she was bringing in that game thread, I think you are mistaken.

I'm not sure those images would even be okay in WR, no matter what was said.

23. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think both actions are deplorable, and there should be no excuse that allows either to exist - WR, FFA, sarcasm, or likewise.

You can't allow one and extremely vilify the other. Sorry, there's a double standard here.

All Johan had to do was send a PM someone - not hold a press conference.

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I posted it on here precisely to bring this to the attention of BigSoccer in general as sexism is a common phenomenon on these boards. It needed to be discussed out in the open and I'm glad I did it.

If you don't get why that pic was so offensive or even try to understand why that pic was so offensive then there really is no point in discussing this. Again would you send your mother/daughter/wife a pic of a battered woman in response to a message of hers? Do you REALLY think it's perfectly OK?

25. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You're losing the plot!