A very relegationy New Year

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Tigerpunk, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    The following Yanks Abroad-containing teams are looking at a demotion if things don't change in the standings:

Troyes (Quenten Westberg). Charlton Athletic (Cory Gibbs), West Ham (Jonathan Spector), Watford (Jay DeMerit), Borussia M'glabach (Kasey Keller), Hamburg (Bennie Feilhaber), Mainz (Connor Casey).

That's 7(!) (though Casey's gone from Mainz no matter what), with no players that I am aware of on a team likely to be promoted to the top flight of a major league.

Let's hope those teams get out of the celler. Happy New Year!

2. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC

u forgot beaz, claudio, friedal, lewis (and i am sure some others) who are all struggling

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sheffield Wednesday has been on a tremendous, long hot streak, which makes one wonder if it's not a hot streak but a new level of performance. Anyway, Simek has a shot at promotion.

As for Friedel...no way in hell Rovers are going down. If Nelsen returns in time, they'll end up top half.

4. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lancos and Kaiserslautern II in the Regionalle Sud as well.

5. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go on record as saying West Ham stay up (probably at the expense of Wigan, Boro, or the Blades), and I think Charlton has a shot. Watford are doomed.

6. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1860 (Wolff and Berhalter*) are only four points out of third in the 2BL.

* That's the second time I've mentioned Berhalter in the past fifteen minutes. 2007 is weird.