A picture is worth 1000 words

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Last night I was sent this via text from a media member who was at an event this was handed out. The event is a charity auction held by the Rangers for Harvey relief.

Pretty sure I couldn't use words to better describe the Hunt Sports Group than this picture manages to pull off.

Being as fair as possible, not including an value to tours or meet&greets, using the lowest prices for everyone other than FCD (who I based on 2018 section 107 per game pricing) - here's the differences in value given to this charity event:
    • Mavs: $3500 min
    • TMS: $4000 min
    • Rangers: $3900 min
    • Cowboys: $2940 min
    • FCD: $250 max
    Now, in trying to give a benefit of a doubt - Maybe whoever at FCD chose this package didn't understand, or have a view into what the other clubs were donating and felt there's real value to four game tickets and a "pre-game behind the scenes tour of the press box". Even if that was the case, is this a creation due to an intern limit? Just bad thinking? Did that employee and/or the club as a whole, really think that package was a good representation of the club and its fans?

Unfortunately, especially when compared to the full list of items being auctioned, FCD and the Hunts come off even worse than in the picture.

I realize this is a really horrible time for the club and this may come off as dog piling: The miserable attendances, the now historic midair implosion of a season, key players publicly expressing a desire to play elsewhere, etc - but there are so many basic, "101" type things this team just repeatedly get wrong and just add to the cloud that surrounds itself.

Not as a media member who covers the team, but as a "DayOne" fan of this club, dating back 21 years - this in itself is a relatively small issue, but it is consistent with the perception the Hunts have fostered for itself.

IMG_1929.JPG

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hunt Sports Group:
    The Least We Could Do

3. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD managed to outdo the Dallas Wings (WNBA) who aren't listed at all! Woohoo!

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not that it will do any good but I'm writing Dan Hunt a letter at the end of this season for this very reason. We were already the red headed step child of the league before the Hunts finally bought us in 2002. Their first magical decision was to put us in Dragon Stadium and the head-scratching ideas continued from there.

Let's make no bones about it, we exist today because of the Hunts and we are forever grateful for that. However, this is MLS 3.0 (4.0?) and we are being left behind in the dust by every new team that comes into the league. They must step their game up or we'll just be "that farm club in the 4th largest market who can't fill a stadium that has about as much character as a nearby strip mall."

5. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's skips embarrassing and goes straight to shameful.