A New Rule Suggestion for 90 min Scoreless match in MLS to make MLS more exciting

Discussion in 'Yahoo: MLS' started by Jon Yoon, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Jon Yoon

Jon Yoon New Member

Real Madrid
    Japan
    Aug 31, 2019
    In soccer matches, 90 min Scoreless draw is one of the biggest parts that brings disappointment to people who watch soccer matches in a stadium or on TV, since watching players scoring goals is the most exciting moments in a soccer match. While in a single match knock-out round in tournaments, there are no scoreless draws unless the tournament is a home and away knock-out matches such as champions league's tournament round. But the home and away matches can be taken as a 180 min matches so scoreless draw in one of the games will still produce a lot of excitement. However, for league matches, since it contains 30 or 40 games and people feel bored with seeing many scoreless games which negatively impacts the popularity of the league. I have been thinking about this matter and I came up with an idea which might work. The best way to tackle this problem is to take a PK shoot-out when the match ends scoreless for 90 mins and the winner gets 1 point but the loser gets 0 points. For all scored draws, both teams receive 1 point as the current rule. In this way, all teams try to score to avoid risking not to earn any points by losing in the PK shoot-out. Moreover, in the fan's standpoint, they will be satisfied more by enjoying some goals during the exciting PK shoot-out in spite of no field goals. I strongly believe these changes will make soccer matches more exciting and more popular. I would like to hear some opinions/comments regarding this solution (Pros and Cons). I would like to send a proposal to MLS or Soccer association about this if people here validates and supports my idea for me. Thank you. Sorry about my English. English is my second language and I am not a good writer either. please let me know if there is anything that sounds unclear. V/R.