A new league ?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by brentgoulet, Dec 27, 2013.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  2. Coach_Hayles

Coach_Hayles Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Redmond, WA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure there's need for it. The existing league structure has expansion opportunities and are developing a good structure for bringing on professional players. It's still in flux and doesn't need another competing league right now.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Agreed.

PDL and NPSL for college and other amateur players and USL and NASL for lower division pros certainly seems like more than enough in the way of opportunities for aspiring team owners.

Admittedly, the NPSL is a little loosey-goosey in terms of letting teams in and maintaining a minimum standard for expenses but the flip side of that is an owner can basically spend whatever he can afford and/or is inclined to do. You wanna go all in, you can. You wanna do it cheap, you can.

4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    If the USSF sanctioned the NASL as Div2 and the USL PRO as Div3 and there officially is no Div4 in the USA, how will the USSF sanction this new league ? Will we have 2 Div3 ?

5. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't hold my breath on the USSF actually being clear in where they want any structure or clarity in how soccer is structured in this country.

6. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the CSL was in serious trouble for a series of matchfixing problems. Not the league that I would want to tie myself with.

7. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that all happened after I thought about the whole thing.

But, maybe new leadership in there and it would help things out? I always hearing crap like that. Sucks for the game.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States