A new korea jersey? Part VI

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

1. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have the link to that japanese site with the history of the KFA kits? It also had japan etc

2. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally managed to get a player issue away jersey. Will post pics when it arrives. Any idea where to get the felt printing w/ shipping to the US?

Seol Korea repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Which year/season?

4. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2012/2014. Just like the one you posted a while back

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh~ right on and congrats! It's a hell of a painstaking process to find one(Player Issued jerseys that is), but once you find one it's rewarding in the end. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm not sure if there's any place that ships to the U.S. as most stores in Korea don't ship overseas, but you might want to give dosoccer.com a try an send them and email as one of the members have said that they ship overseas especially to the U.S.

mvvm repped this.
  6. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, it was sort of a fluke that i found it. I had just put up $250+ to buy this shirt on Yahoo Japan (http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d145455429), bummed to get outbid though because of the stupid time-reset system[​IMG]

Anyway,I just took a quick look over ebay before getting ready to shut down and sulk and saw this season's one for basically retail. Why not :inlove:

and yes, football shirts are srs biz

Paul Ryu, Mudang, olijolly and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha it sure is, I've spent a lot of $$$ to build up my collection, and man it's serious especially when you only start collecting Player Issued/Match Worn kits plus having to get all the authentic player issued/sized patches and name/number sets.

8. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah dosoccer ships to the states for 20 bucks. cool dudes, ive bought from them before. i just dont know if they're felt material. ill have to email them

Took me much longer than it should have~ now theres a new shirt coming out in a matter of months.. ;-;

sadly, i have no indonesian factory hook-ups or whatever strings you're pulling :ninja::ninja::ninja:

9. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah its some pricey ass shit to get the sporting id patches... The people who manage to get the authentic ones like to over-charge like crazy. Like 70+ for WCQ ones lol

I buy and sell a lot of football shirts on Ebay/etc to build up cash in order to buy things like this when the time comes. Its the only way this is sort of a affordable hobby.. I actually sold a 2012 Japan (i bought it in preperation for the CC with intent to sell ) player issue swimsuit jersey on ebay for 175, which i bought for considerably less. So basically traded up a Japan for this Korea one

Seol Korea repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol I don't know, he somehow manages to get a hold of the left over batches that are from the factory, and beats me on how he has the connection, but I am lucky and thankful.

I asked him to help me find the L/S version of the kit, but no luck and our NT haven't even worn them at all. I'll notify him about the new kit for the WC and will get back to you asap.

mvvm repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, they surely are overpriced which is why I mostly get them from Korean sellers, although I have found some good deals on eBay and the price from the UK sellers are reasonable.

You're very lucky I suppose, I have no luck with selling kits online, I have like 4-5 player issued kits I want to sell but no luck. :(

12. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Korea stuff sells pretty well. Its sort of a obscure team when it comes to buying gear, surprisingly, so it has that rarity factor. Even that player issue training shirt i posted a week ago when off for like 180 dollars. I think theres a market for them if they're in the right categories and what not. Goes for other teams too, depending on what you have

13. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    O: WHAT?! what do you got??

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, it definitely depends on what you have as every collector has their own personal preference and a set of rules when it comes to building a collection. As I've mentioned that I only collect player issued kits alongside player sized/issued patches and number+name sets, so not every buyer will have that interest whether it's the team or the price.

It's also not surprising to find that some sellers on eBay try to rip people off by listing jerseys for the most ridiculous price, like the 04-06 Korea Home replica that is priced at $109, or the retailed version of the 12-13 Inter Milan Home player issued jersey which I saw listed a couple months ago that was priced at $500 :rolleyes:.

I'm currently trying to rid of some of my dual layered collection, PM me if you're interested.

15. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If anyone is interested I'm selling the player issue PJS in my avatar. PM me.

16. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i ran into a malaysian on a blogspot who had a game worn one of those, but he wouldnt sell it to me :notworthy:

18. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I liked this 95/96 jersey (which I think it was). Too bad they didn't use it for long. It was replaced by the famous pepsi swirl jersey pretty fast IIRC.

19. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The pepsi swirl jerseys are still widely traded in the market....but this jersey is almost impossible to obtain; I think it's even rarer than the late 90's Nike GK jerseys

20. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Think there was two versions of the jersey, too. I think one was by 르카프 or 프로스펙트 (one of the domestic brands, forgot which exactly) then they signed the contract with Nike but kept the same basic design for a while (the one above) before they moved on to the Pepsi swirl jersey for the 96 Olympics.

21. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yh...the Nike version of the jersey was used during the 96' Olympics Qualifiers until they switched it to the pepsi swirl design. The jersey never went on sale in the local Nike stores, hence very few are in circulation today. The ones owned by the die-hard collectors are all player-issue versions.

22. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Sort of tempted to buy a player issued 06-08 away jersey for 100$. Should probably wait for the 2014 jerseys to come out, but its pretty hard to find a authentic jersey even in korea

23. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think thats a little much. ive seen some for like 60,000 won on some sites. long sleeve though

24. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Yeah the long sleeve was like 115$ and i dont want the long sleeve anyway. Ive called a bunch of soccer products shops in korea and this was the only authentics i could find

25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--