A new korea jersey? Part VI

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

1. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Member

May 11, 2018
    Have the uniform colors for each world cup match been designated yet? I'm guessing white will be worn for the first match then red the rest of the way?

2. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not yet. KFA said somewhere that it would announced by FIFA soon, and that they designated Red as our primary.

My prediction is:
    Red (Korea) vs Yellow (Sweden)
    White (Korea) vs Green (Mexico) OR Red (Korea) vs White (Mexico)
    Red (Korea) vs White (Germany)

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both teams cannot be wearing light colored kits on the field, therefore we'll be wearing our Home kit albeit Sweden being the Home team since their Home kit is yellow.

We're the Home team vs Mexico so we'll likely be wearing Red. Red for all three matches.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  4. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wait so we have red shorts for the away kit or no?

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, our Away shorts is white.

6. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    Girlfriend bought me the home kit for an anniversary present.

I alternate between large and medium shirts and the medium fits very snug so definitely be wary of that if you are trying to decide on a size

7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wear XL for previous KNT shirts and this year's spurs shirt. Does that mean I go up to an XXL???

8. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wear L and 2010 L fit perfectly, 2014 was a little tight, 2018 fits a lot better than 2014 but a little tighter than 2010. hopefully that helps a little?

9. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    I think it really depends on your body type.

The medium right now is a jersey that I would only wear when there's a game as it is a bit too tight to be comfortable but:

1. I have a fairly large head. The collar is a very narrow and I think if it had to stretch it a half inch more, I think some stitching would come undone.

2. I have broad shoulders and chest. A bit tight but I like the way it fits.

3. Fairly slim fit throughout the waist. Length is perfect for me and I have a very long upper body.

Hope that helps.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korean size or Asian size in general is smaller than of US or European size, so you'd want to go one size up from what you normally wear. However, being that the kit has a slim-fit design, you might end up going double or triple the size you normally wear depending on the type of build of your body you have e.g. skinny, skinny fat, fat, bulky, toned etc.

The kit that fits closest to the current kit is probably the 2008 one, so if you have that, then try to get a similar size. Also, do note that this is for replica only since player issue is even more slimmer than replica.

11. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do you know if the Australian and KNT jerseys are the same model? I'll go try on the Aus one and order the KNT one or have my parents buy it in Korea w/ print when they visit this month.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The models should be the same except sizing is different. What size do you normally wear for AUS size?

13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    AUS = US sizing.
    I wear L~XL but I've opted for XL in previous jerseys.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Then I recommend you ask your parents to get you a Korean size 110. Usually 110 is XL but over the years it went back and forth from 105-110.

15. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2740 Tagline, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Just got the $15 home replica in.

The quality of the shirt itself is quite decent, the quality of customization not so much. It's Asian-sized, so order one size up if you're used to a North American fit. The material feels very similar to my authentic Stadium away kit.

It looks half decent, but note the incorrect front number and name font (it's the thicker WNT font), and the gap between the Nike logo and front number.

homerep1.jpg homerep2.jpg

To be fair, even official promotional photos got the front number style wrong.

S-Korea-Body-1.jpg

When compared side-by-side against my authentic Stadium away kit, you can easily tell the difference between the two:
    homerep3.jpg homerep4.jpg homerep5.jpg homerep6.jpg homerep7.jpg

Obviously, the replica isn't in any way comparable to an authentic customized kit and I wouldn't recommend it for serious kit collectors.

But it's also one-tenth of the price of the authentic version, you can't get a customized kit outside of Korea anyway, and there are people out there who just want something similar to wear during the World Cup. For those people, this'll do, especially if you can work with a seller to get some of the customization flaws fixed.

16. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Generally, you're right.

The $90 KNT shirt, however, is not slim fit. I buy a crap ton of Nike goods on the regular. When it's slim fit, they tell you. Nike's vapor match version is their "slim" fit (player issue), and unfortunately, they only offer them for the bigger markets like US, Brazil, France and tiny Portugal (because CR7).

https://www.nike.com/t/2018-us-vapo...rsey-ZW1VEr/893903-410?vst=mens+soccer+jersey

Tagline repped this.
  17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All replicas aren't as slim-fit as opposed to the actual player issued version, but what I am getting at is that you would still have to check the sizing difference. I've been kit collecting for a long time, I know my kit and info.

hanul21 repped this.
  18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In the end it turns out you were right, although I still find it odd that we're wearing our Away kit vs Sweden when normally we'll be wearing our Home kit instead.

20. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Member

May 11, 2018
    I was hoping they would be wearing red as I will be in attendance for that match. Kinda conflicted on what to wear that day now...

DHMGKorea and Seol Korea repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    DHMGKorea will also be in attendance as well, and is also conflicted on what to wear, but as I gave him my 2 cents, wear the Home jersey so there's a sea of red in the stadium.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  22. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Member

May 11, 2018
    That's actually exactly what I was thinking and am leaning towards that option. Do you know if there is a planned meet up prior to the match in Nizhny?

I'm not sure where to even begin to find that kind of info but it would be cool to meet the supporters.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If I recall correctly, there were a few members that were planning meetups for the previous WC cycles, not sure if they actually met up, but you can either discuss it here in a new thread or you can PM DHMGKorea directly and discuss it together. Either way, feel free to ask away.

24. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like I said, generally you're right. You're right. But it's not a replica either. Wrong word. The standard issue is genuine Nike and it's not Nike's slim fit. I don't collect soccer jerseys or shirts. I wear all types of Nike gear. Nearly every day and buy their new stuff on the regular.

They have slim fitting cuts and the latest Nike Korea shirt is not slim in any way shape or form. It's regular. But like you said, I find a Nike Asia market L is really a US M, etc. No idea how sizing goes in Europe.

25. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2750 Tagline, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Anyone want to guess what LSW's number will be if he makes the final 23?

I have a relative who's picking up a printed home kit from Nike Gangnam for me, but they're probably coming back from Korea prior to the release of the official squad list.

My guess is 21, since that's his number at Hellas Verona and I can't see him getting his usual number 10 shirt without any A match experience.

Debating which customized kit to get, because KCH obviously won't be wearing 22, and HHC has worn six or seven different numbers with the KNT.