A new korea jersey? Part VI

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

1. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Got this in the mail today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really like how it looks in person, especially with the black printing. Size is a Korean M (95) -- it's actually a little longer and wider in the waist than the 2010 home kit I have in the same size (RIP OneTop Soccer), but the material is much thinner, so it fits closer to the body. I'd still recommend sizing up one from your North American size.

I wish they'd stuck with the SON Heungmin naming format, but I'm pretty happy with the kit overall.

chook90, DHMGKorea and killaorca repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nike's kits have gone slim-fit ever since post 2002, so if you don't want the kit to be too tight on your body, then it's wiser to go one size up e.g. if you're a size M (US) then you should get size 105 (Korean size) which is equivalent to US Large, or go double/triple if you're on the chubbier side.

3. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2703 BENJMNS, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    I wish Nike would've released a VaporKnit version of the ROK kit.

https://www.nike.com/t/2018-brasil-cbf-vapor-match-home-mens-soccer-jersey-GN4Z3X

It's even thinner, tighter fitting and better ventilated which are my strong preferences when training (5-6% body fat). I love the Power Cell Arsenal cut as well as the old school Adidas Techfit which is my all-time fav look. I think Nike refers to their Vapor cut as their superhero aesthetic. Love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered the pedestrian red ROK shirt from one of the online sites. I like that the crest is now in black. Easier accent color to match.

This shirt and material remains my all-time fav KNT design and cut.

[​IMG]

4. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    bro, how the heck did you get the Taegukgi arm print? that's dope!

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @BENJMNS, I'm a fan of TechFit/Formotion, probably my all time favorites for Adidas besides the Climacool dual layered kits, and I prefer the Techfit/Formotion over the Adizero imo. TechFit in general are very light and very breathable for your body, plus they move with you while you're playing, although some people don't like the compressed feeling of the slim-fit design.

6. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2706 Tagline, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Since the official PVC printing isn't available for sale separately at the moment, even in Korea, here's the printing font in TTF form for anyone who'd like to DIY their own printing on a blank kit by providing a local shop with the font. You can access the front numbers (which are solid with no contrasting line in the middle) by pressing caps lock + your desired number.

The only difference between this and the official PVC version is that the back numbers lack the subtle line texture that the PVC printing has. My kit has the PVC printing and you don't really notice the line texture unless you're looking straight on.

This is the quietest and latest KNT WC kit release I've seen in a long time -- the World Cup is only a month and a half away, and there's no news on the player version, no retailers even selling the fan-style printing separately, and no Niketowns offering printing services. Bizarre.

Attached Files:

DHMGKorea repped this.
  7. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Correction, can't edit my post anymore -- you can access the front numbers using SHIFT + the number, not caps lock.

8. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sorry to keep bumping the thread on my own, but for those of you who don't want to pay $200+ for a plain red shirt with printing, the Chinese replica sellers have gotten their $15 home replicas in, and it looks surprisingly decent in the factory photos. The crest is the biggest giveaway, but even that's better than on previous KNT reps.

9aad91c3.jpg 80f7a640.jpg 53ff3664.jpg 0608c90b.jpg

They also have the correct font, so you should get accurate printing if you order from them as well. I'll post a review once I get mine in a few weeks.

9. Zizzle

Zizzle Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What website did you use? And do they have the away kits also?

10. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2710 Tagline, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    I ordered from a seller on DHGate, since Handsome Jerseys, my preferred dealer, went out of business. They're all using the same photos, so they're probably sourcing the jersey from the same factory. You should get the same item no matter who you order from.

No away kits yet.

11. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can't complain about crappy designs and lazy product launches then do something like this..

12. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2712 Tagline, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    This is backwards thinking, because buying lazily designed Korea kits at full price doesn't somehow encourage Nike to come up with better designs next time; it just gives them a bigger incentive to keep putting out shoddy designs because they know the kits will sell well anyway. The best way to encourage people to buy an authentic kit is to design a good one in the first place.

Besides, Korea's second-tier kit designs have very little to do with supporter sales revenues. They're a consequence of us being a small-market national team with limited global appeal whose jerseys don't sell outside of Korea.

Buy the authentic kits that you really like, and save your money when you can.

13. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Got some jerseys today. They are actually pretty good I usually wear them over a polo t and the simple design works well casually. The black and volt training is really nice in real life.

Attached Files:

Tagline repped this.
  14. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Where did you get your home kit from? Just wondering since you have the flag and name printing on it

15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Excuse me but who cares if people buy the new kit at full price when the overall revenue numbers are super low? That’s why they lock us into these drawn out contracts amirite?

No ones really buying these kits. In a relative comparison anyways. These kits are effing lame looking imo

16. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think you might've misread what I was saying, because you're right, and it sounds like we agree with each other. Buying kits at retail price has little to no impact on the amount of attention Nike pays to Korea's kit releases or design.

17. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Nike store at Gangam Station. They do free printing in store when you purchase the jersey.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  18. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Love that store

pkk78 and DHMGKorea repped this.
  19. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah nice. I used to live in 대치동 when I was little. It's times like this that I wish I still lived in Korea. Hard to find things here in the States. I got both the home and away kits but not printing on them... I wish they would sell that stuff for people like me haha.

Tagline and pkk78 repped this.
  20. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL I would visit that store to shoot some hoops when I lived in yeoksam for a while.

pkk78 repped this.
  21. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2721 Tagline, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Not exactly kit-related, but added to my match ball collection today. Just over a month to go, can't wait.

[​IMG]

22. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was born there and spent all of my early childhood in 강남! My grand parents had a home in 삼청동 and in the heart of 강남. I remember family time in 이태원 as well. Seoul is def my soul. Love going back every year and make a point of buying stuff at Nike 강남.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  23. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The wood shingle roof reminds me of suburban homes in Bellevue WA, Issaquah etc.

Tagline repped this.
  24. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very close! Good eye, I'm about 3 hours north of Bellevue.

BENJMNS repped this.
  25. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL I used to live in bellevue. 3 hours north? you live in canada?

Tagline repped this.