** A New Era - Rebuilding the Azzurri

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    #76 Alex101, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    “We have to make choices on the pitch. In terms of structures, the situation is dramatic and we don’t have Presidents for our two top Leagues.

“It’s ridiculous to think about reducing the number of foreigners, which isn’t that high.

“It is right, however, to redesign the calendar by avoiding international breaks and arranging international games for the end of the season. Only in that case would a part-time CT make sense."

Sarri and people like him are part of the problem. I don't know if this is just a politically correct answer, but his Napoli team started 9 foreigners on the weekend, and he says that not high?!?!? and adjusting the calendar is going to solve all of Italy's problems? I fear that certian Italian clubs(mainly the big ones) are not going to co-operate with any plans made by the FIGC.

2. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    #77 Insigne4BalonD'or, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Napoli: Jorginho, Insigne
    Inter: Gagliardini, Dambrosio
    Juventus: Buffon, Barzagli/Rugani, Chiellini, and maybe Marchisio? Not sure if Marchisio starts though, I know he's been injured
    Roma: Florenzi, De Rossi, El Sharaawy
    Lazio: Parolo, Immobile

Only Juventus starts on average around 4 a game, Roma at 3 and then Napoli, Inter and Lazio at 2. This is probably a bit of a problem but what's worse is that mid table clubs and relegation candidates are not exactly that much better at fielding Italians ...

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Candreva and Santon normally start for inter

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Ah forgot about Candreva, Santon has played in what? 3 games this year?

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd love to hear exactly what proposals can be made exactly to the FIGC? I'm all for putting a limit on the foreigners but how can they do this legally?

6. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, and they shouldn't because we don't want the standard of play in Serie A to fall.

They have already introduced club (4 players must have been in club for 3 years before age 18) and league-trained (4 players must have been in the league for 3 years before turning 18) minimum player rules which is improving the situation (Serie A has been improving in quality and young Italians used last season and especially this one). Perhaps a rule requiring one Italian player who is under 23 to be on the pitch at all times in Serie A games and two in Coppa Italia games could help further.

For example, last summer Roma had to adapt their transfer market to in order comply with the new rules.

I think a bit of patience will go a long way here.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  7. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milan are the (former) big club that start the most italians. with a lot of them being youth... maybe a year or two more of tough times then they should hopefully see growth and a solid italian core to lead the team.

Rosay repped this.
  8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    forgot you were on the west coast Falvo. being in the bay area.. are you a niners fan?

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Use to be. I've stopped watching the NFL after they moved back from Italy. I got into it for a little bit and then Dr. York got rid of Jim Harbaugh as coach. York ruined the team.

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The Germans didn't give the clubs a choice. They have to reapply for a license to operate in the BL every year. It is very specific. It outlines how many coaches, trainers, physio's, doctors, amongst other things they need before a license is granted to operate within the league for that season. In addition, specifically how many eligible youth national team players have to be on the roster for the big club. We've already sort of done that as of March 2016. It was literally the only good thing Il Vecchio did, but it's incomplete.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

He's not handling being pushed out too well. The sexual harassment scandal was just a warning shot. Everyone is trying to throw the other under the bus. Lippi...lol...just lol... stay in China please.

phat repped this.
  12. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im impressed with his french... hopefully he goes and ruins the french football federation as well.... he can start by hiring back the whack job domenech and his astrology team selections

phat, Calcio Pauly and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Adebayor: ‘Mancini a bad Coach’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emmanuel Adebayor says Roberto Mancini “is not a great Coach”, stating “at every club he goes to, he buys 40 players”.

The pair were together at Manchester City, where Mancio won the Premier League in 2012, but the Togolese international wasn’t impressed by the Zenit St Petersburg boss.

“The Coach, Roberto Mancini, didn’t have control over the dressing room,” Adebayor recalled.

“He annoyed the 25 players. Mancini was a great player, but he’s not a great Coach. So far he’s won what, exactly?

“At every club he goes to, he buys 40 players. When [Jose] Mourinho took over Inter after him he had 40 international players. What are you doing?

“I was there in Manchester and he signed [Edin] Dzeko, [Mario] Balotelli, [Carlos] Tevez, [Sergio] Aguero… five world-class strikers.

“If he’d told me I had to leave I’d have done it, but he said 'I need your football'. I’d play, I’d score, then the next day he’d pull me out: ‘that’s fine, but we’ll play differently against Manchester United…’

“The players were talking among themselves and no-one wanted to play for him, it wasn’t like that with [Didier] Deschamps at Monaco.”

NickyViola repped this.
  14. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well he (Tavecchio) did get the league 4 CL spots which is a pretty big deal.

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

I know zip about his career outside Italy but I've said pretty much all the same things about him.

From August 2015....

From 2008, when Roma fans were discussing who they might get to replace Spalletti...

I could list dozens on here, really. He's a hack.

16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok so can they hire Andrea Agnelli and Marrotta to put this ship back on course.

17. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    And don't forget Moggi.

indestructible repped this.
  18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Argentina cancel Italy friendly?
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Argentina have reportedly cancelled their friendly with Italy on March 23 following the Azzurri’s failure to qualify for the World Cup.

According to ItaSportPress, the Argentine Football Association (AFA) wrote to their Italian counterparts (FIGC) after the Nazionale’s playoff defeat to Sweden.

It would have requested the match to be cancelled due to a probable lack of interest from fans and the likelihood of facing a “broadly experimental” Italy side with a caretaker Coach.

However, the website describes the decision as ‘humiliating’ for Italy and “one of the first consequences” of their World Cup no-show next summer.

Hard to argue w/ that

Deleted User x repped this.
  19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    We are now a joke.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    They played a friendly against Singapore this summer...

Rosay and Falc repped this.
  21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    they're scared of losing a game to a team that didnt qualify to the world cup.

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The closest he should get to Coverciano is returning to Fiorentina.

24. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dude, no, just go away already. We'll never get anywhere if these turds refuse to give it up and move on.

25. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. They're just trying to get people to click.