A Midget's Worst Nightmare, he'll eat you like Breakfast - The Almighty Pepe thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I actually hope Pepe leaves this season... it would be nice that way, winning the CL and playing the last league game to secure the title. Would make a perfect goodbye.

2. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guess who is training with the team

[​IMG]

It's really good to have him back. Maybe we can now even give some rest to Ramos / Nacho...

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Pepen!

Great to have him back. I will say Varane was tremendous Tuesday and Nacho was a very solid role player during our injury crisis.

Digital, sleepyvato50, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!!!!!!

Doni repped this.
  5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    GTFI!!!! Just at the right time

6. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if he'll have to wear some sort of flak jacket

7. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great news, at least we can deploy Nacho at RB comfortably now with Varane and Pepe back.

8. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Hopefully zidane stops with his obssession with his french buddies and plays him because it is warriors like pepe that we need against juventus and not softiest like varane .

I remember zidane complaining about the lack of respect shown to desailly at euros 2004 by the new generation and the coach he is now doing the exact same thing to a player who has been madrid best defender since arriving in 2007 i don't care with the biais the spanish media and press who are always putting ramos before even though it is pepe who always make the defence more solid.

Welcome back the best defender i have ever seen alongside nesta.

9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol what? Pepe has been injured so often that its hard to even remember if he was 1st choice. In fact so has Varane. I seem to remember he did overtake Varane at one point under ZZ but injuries haven't been kind to him this year.

I was sad then meh about him leaving but after watching Varane today, I'm back to being sad. Varane's development has stalled majorly and I'm not comfortable with hm being a starter just yet.

Zidane05 repped this.
  10. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Yes i know but zidane wants varane to be successful so much that at times he is blinded by his support for the kid but he is not delivering and i am sorry if varane plays the final we are not winning it .

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Too bad he start the 2014 final that we won.

saadomar and Hsain85 repped this.
  12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Varane just turned 24. Not sure what people want from the guy. Give him games and watch him develop rapidly so long as he's healthy. I wouldn't trade him for any non-Madrid central defender in the world.

-Reivax-, PigBenis, Crimson and 6 others repped this.
  13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had a monstrous first leg as well. smh y'all trippin

Crimson and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Rafa is doing just fine. Like Umar said, I wouldn't trade him for any young CB in Europe. We did superb to secure his signature when we did.

15. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #790 RoadMan, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Marca is reporting that Pepe still hopes, that he can continue playing for Real Madrid. If not, we will see him for one last time playing in white at Bernabeu on sunday (watery eyes).

Pepe matador <3

[​IMG]

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can;t understand this situation. so who doesn't want him here? Pepe wants t ostay, pretty sure Zizou also, so Perez wants move on and give chance to Vallejo maybe.

17. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess it depends on whether Vallejo is being loaned again, and what Nachos role will be. I'd love Pepe to stay, even retire here, but not at the expense of some one else's development.

If he takes Arbeloa like minutes and stays around as a locker room leader/mentor type, that would work while bedding in Vallejo slowly.

18. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Well per the media, it's purely term. He wants two years, club only wants to give one. I personally think given how little he's played this year, 1 year contract makes perfect sense.

saadomar, MerlinRM, sleepyvato50 and 2 others repped this.
  20. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Exactly I love him and want him to stay, but I can also understand the board not wanting to sign up a player who will be 36 when his contract ends, who is already playing very rarely.

Zidane05 repped this.
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Awwww Crimson. Lol.

Ya there's a lot of love for him but I wouldn't hold up the development of our younger CBs because of it. Its just what the business is.

Lyra repped this.
  22. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still a very good player and IMO remained our best CB purely in terms of defending right up to injury, good luck to him wherever he goes, one of my favourite players and a Madridista right down to the bone ( again my opinion) gave his all, every min, every time he was on the pitch, whoever is coming in to fill the space left by him has big shoes to fill, but, time keeps moving

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    In Serie A, he can last another 3 or 4 years at a top level. It's very suited for him and he continues to be called up to the NT. Happy for him if true.

-Reivax-, raven3k, sleepyvato50 and 5 others repped this.
  25. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I agree, was about to write just that. Serie A is perfect for ageing defenders who have high football iq. You can also get away with a lot more there.

He will easily be able to play till he's 37+ with Inter.

Umar repped this.