A Midget's Worst Nightmare, he'll eat you like Breakfast - The Almighty Pepe thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why we not renewed yet? it's agent fault or club not offering something?

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't blame him though. He is still the best CB in the world imo, but H
    He's already on the wrong side of 30 and has won it all at the club level. Why not cash in at the twilight of your career?

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marca says Pellegrini's club have offered him 10 ME net. We have offered him one year deal with an option for another while Pepe wants 2 year guaranteed deal. He hasn't decided on China since he wants to play in 2018 WC.

S1na repped this.
  4. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    This is hard. No one can say he hasn't earned a great deal from us. But that sum is hard for us to match for a player his age, especially since we have a good line up already and with Vallejo going from strength to strength in Germany we're not really lacking options at his position.

I hope he stays on for the 17/18 season and makes it to the WC and then either retires or get's a good deal in China or somewhere. He's a f'ing legend.

S1na, raven3k, RMSocrates and 11 others repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you, one more year and let Vallejo continue to play a lot in Germany. Then wish him nothing but the best and make the switch. Pepe remains one of my favorite players I've seen at Madrid since I've been watching.

S1na, madridista_hr, RMSocrates and 11 others repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of mine as well no doubt, I hope he does move on to a great payday somewhere like that , and not to somewhere rubbish in the EPL for instance, as for Vallejo, not seen enough of him to comment but have read many good things here, still, Frankfurt is one thing Madrid is another completely, but I guess all players have to start somewhere Bundesliga is relatively strong and younger players do need to be given a chance, whatever happens I'll miss Pepe for sure whenever he leaves, always gives/gave his all and IMO and allround fantastic defender and player fought till the end for the shirt and showed many times he absolutely loved playing for this club

RMSocrates, J-Mezzy, natenate101 and 4 others repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It would be super sad to see Pepe go. I would understand if he chose to go to China and take that money; he's 34 and this is his last big pay cheque. I would also understand if he decided to stay because there is a competitive fire within him and he's not doing this just for the money. Whatever he chooses, I hope to see him at the club in some facility for a long time because, while he's had his demons, he's work hard to change the person that he is and no matter what pictures others try to paint of him, he has been a great ambassador for the club on and off the pitch.

temesgen, CR7PT, RMSocrates and 17 others repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Btw, i think he would still make the WC squad if he went to China. He's a world class CB and one of the leaders, if not the leader, of Portugal. He goes no matter where he is playing

yoanaidarov and Digital repped this.
  9. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't think its about the money for Pepe. The guy has expressed how much he wants to stay in Madrid, and he's never pulled a Ramos to get a bigger contract. I think its a personnel decision, where management is thinking about Vallejo/Llorente coming back this summer. He wants to stay 2 years, the club will only offer him 1 and he feels like he's on borrowed time and might as well start the next chapter in his career.

I hope we can keep him 1 more year and leave the young guys out on loan. It pains me to see Asensio stalling his development on the bench - why would we want the same for Vallejo? Pepe was arguably a top 5 CB in 2016, he still has a lot to offer the club.

S1na, Digital, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not arguably.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. Unless Vallejo is dying to get his chance next season in Madrid and there will be issues if he is loaded again, then I'm with your plan. Not sure about Diego Llorente, has he shown he is ready?

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    agreed, love the guy. I think he should do whatever he wants next season, if he wants to stay another year great, if he opts to go to China I support that as well. He's earned it, just let the club know what the intention is and support him.

13. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha you're right, shouldn't have written arguably. Its just a reflex on this forum to avoid nit-picky arguments aside from my main points.

I think he'd be more of a Nacho replacement than a Pepe replacement. I don't think he's ready for our starting 11, but I think he could provide depth when needed.

Shay Z, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But you can't blame club if they want to offer one year deal. it's logical choice. Still i hope Pepe will stay, he just better with each year.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes sense if Nacho leaves this summer, which he very well may do. And I couldn't fault him, he deserves more PT.

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well Diego Llorente is in the worst XI of La Liga so far(whoscored or somebody posted that).

17. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    Yeah he has been pretty bad for Malaga sadly. He was much better for Rayo last season.

18. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even though he deserves maybe an additional 2 years, it would make sense if the club parts way with him at the end of the season because he's not getting much younger and he is also getting really injury prone as evidenced by this season (he's once again out for the next game). It could be costly to rely on him for another 2 years if his fitness issues continue. He has been a Great servant of the club and a modern legend.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure this is true, is injury the reason he is not in this squad?, it seems to me he has been back from injury but hasn't been used much, maybe because of contract negotiations , I could be completely wrong though, maybe someone else can clarify

20. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure either. Not much reports on him but I heard he wasn't 100% from various sources on twitter. Wouldn't think mere contract negotiations would keep out like that but who knows

Digital repped this.
  21. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I think 2016 took most of what he had left physically in terms of durability.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., -Reivax-, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yessssssssss

Digital repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MAN.

Madridista through and through.

25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started today and put in a stellar performance, better than Sergio.

34 years old and still world class, would be a shame if we let him go this summer

ABB94, Digital and natenate101 repped this.