A mid

Discussion in 'Player' started by lillefty7, Apr 17, 2005.

1. lillefty7

lillefty7 New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Bismarck
    how do yall play amid? Are you constantly pushing the forwards up or where are u in position compared to the forwards?

2. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    It depends how your coach wants you to play it, and what sort of player you are.

When I play there (and it's my favoured position, just behind the front to) I concentrate on getting the ball in midfield off the other central midfielder or the defence, and look at playing through balls to the strikers and the wingers. It's also necessary to get into the box when crosses come in, to sit around the edge of the box and pick up stray clearences for chances, and also to track back and defend just in front of the other centre mid.

Another way to play it though is to concentrate more on closing down the opposition high up the park, rather than looking for the balls through and supporting the strikers so much. Michael Brown does this role at Tottenham very well. It's not as 'glamourous' as the other way but when you've got someone in your team that can do that (and just never stops running) it can be very useful.

3. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I have beeb defense for a long time now so I play defensive mid.

4. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I have been defense for a long time now so I play defensive mid. I don't play defense because I like being up helping the fowards too.