Julian Green at SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Aug 20, 2015.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi folks. I just checked to be sure and--lo and behold--this thread is in fact in YA. Please take the zombie argument about JK elsewhere.

Thank you.

bballshawn, ebbro, y-lee-coyote and 2 others repped this.
  2. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #Green2TampaBay4MLS

Gorky repped this.
  3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just want to know why the Afro-Dutch don't dress up as white face Sinterklass on Christmas.

Winoman repped this.
  4. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Christmas is soon to be banned in Holland, so no point to do that now...

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    That's a great question.

Not to sidetrack but I've 2 great Dutchie pals (for the past decade) living near Den Haag and the husband defends Zwart Piet to the T whereas the wife can understand why Black people would be offended but still goes with it. Crazy folks those Dutchies

The Irish Rover repped this.
  6. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    It will be interesting to see; however, I think that for a young offensive player it is better to try to get loaned to a weaker league, like maybe Dutch, and get more time and goals there, become starter in Den Haag or Heerenveen, or some team like this. It is much harder to break through even for a talented young player in Germany, than it is in Holland, and Dutch league is very attacking, and allows plenty of goals.

From a Polish perspective I can think of Milik (who couldn't make it at Augsburg, moved to Ajax and became a hot commodity), and of Klich (who is not a striker, but rather a classic creative central midfielder, and could not make it at Kaiserslautern if I am not mistaken, moved to Holland, and gets great results there).

Gacm32 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    But the Santa Claus discussion is ok?

8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Stop giving the mods ideas !!!! :p

9. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The sooner Julian makes the full time move to striker the sooner his career will take off

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Sinterklaas Capucha does not come on Christmas, so that will not be a problem.

I do hope Green gets a present soon - a round one, wrapped in the opposing net.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    1st reason is Sinterklass day actually has nothing to do with Christmas and is celebrated on Dec. 5 (although Sinterklass Day is actually the 6th), and therefore they would be 20 days too late.

2nd reason is, as @LouisianaViking07/09 notes, it is very difficult to have a reasonable convo with Dutch people about SP. Some get it. Most don't. And if you don't get it, it is very hard to be "convinced."

3rd reason is this is a Green thread, which is a third color - and topic - altogether.

deejay and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I was curious so I did a little research for shits and giggles. I have always been under the impression that Eredivisie is miles ahead of the Big 5 leagues - BPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 - in goals per game. I was wrong. Out of 31 European 1st division leagues the Eredivisie ranked 9th at 2.77 goals per match. It was sandwiched in between the Bundesliga (#12) and Serie A (#7). So it begs the question it is easier to score goals in the Eredivisie or does the free flowing football give it that distinction? By the way I am all for yanks going to Holland for a little football education. Oh here's how the big 5 plus the Eredivisie fare in goals per game:

Liege 1 - 2.60 -17th
    Bundesliga - 2.71 - #12
    Eredivisie - 2.77 - #9
    Series A - 2.80 - #7
    BPL - 2.84 - # 6
    La Liga - 2.90- #3

Interesting to note the Swiss Super Leage (3.33 gpg) and Sweden Allsvenkan (3.01) rank #1 and #2 ingoals per game.

13. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Interesting, good research. I would never guess, that Serie A, which is regarded as super-defensive, has more goals per game than Dutch league... Also French league shocks me even more - I would think of French as attacking galore with poor defence.

14. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Last season Ekstraklasa had only 2.63 goals per game...

15. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [bungadiri looks] Oh good God...[/looks]
    But that's the only way we get any.

Ideas, that is. Not the other...

Look just forget I said anything.

WrmBrnr, deejay, Eighteen Alpha and 4 others repped this.
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Weak defending is a sibling of poor finishing.

All those GPG numbers are so close, they get rounded to 3.

17. What about Zwarte Piet??? My Zwarte Piet detector started buzzing like the wasp nest I once accidently stepped on and guided me to this thread.:cautious:what's going on:cautious:

18. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Something like "Zwarte Piet is racist, because he does not want to work for Sinta Klass anymore, because Sinta is white..." ... or have I misunderstood?

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You did not even know that Sinterklaas does not come on Christmas and is not Santa Klaus so it might be a good idea to stop right there as you are clearly out of your depth.

20. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Yes, I got to carried away... Obviously, he comes on the 6th of December. It doesn't change the fact though, that Piet does not want to work for him anymore.

21. I noticed my Santa alarm was going off at the same time:mad: I hate that fat red booz nosed coca cola fraud, endorsed by shop keepers with phony stories, the template of fake news.
    Be aware I'm the keeper of Saint Nicolas Book of ill behaving people destined to be flogged eternally in a Spanish dungeon with special maltreatment of worshippers of the false one aka as santaclaus. I keep a close watch n you lot from now on:cautious:

22. No he comes on december the 5th and Sint Piter (=Petrus) comes to Friesland to Grou on 21st of Februari.
    And people are trying to put Piet on unemployment benefit, but he wants to continue as the children's best friend. He only needs a good wash.

23. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Isn't it even more racist? If they employ White Piet, Zwarte Piet could say he was fired because he was black... Maybe, you could be more politically correct and cancel this tradition all together? (Obviously, I am just joking).

24. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lay off the eggnog you ********ing weirdos.

25. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not exactly how I'd have put it, but the sentiment is dead on. Let's bring this back on topic.