A Dassler By Any Other Name - Kit Thread Mark XV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Jan 2, 2014.

1. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    That’s nice. And can we get a yellow away? Or at least gold. Blue doesn’t contrast with jeans enough so people look dopey in them. Same with the third kit...they need some fashion people on this. Unless you are wearing track pants, khakis or shorts the blues don’t work well.

AEAAFC96, NorthBank and Shen-O repped this.
  2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New away kit OUT NOW!!!

I already ordered mine, and I will give it a photo gallery as well as critique it when I take delivery on her, from what I see she doesn't look so bad, certainly better than the home kit, and let's see if it turns us into ROAD WARRIORS next season instead of ROAD KILL like we were in our away kits last season, even though I myself liked wearing it, but still.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/pictures-arsenals-new-puma-away-kit

3. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur - any of these Adidas mock-ups would be a significant upgrade - and for the first time since our last Nike kit - inspire me to purchase.

4. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    The new away top isn't the worst thing ever. But those shorts, and the random red stripe on the socks. Its like Puma wants to lose money on sales?

Like they were pissed at the work Christmas party and decided to tank the company profits.

5. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My personal opinion is that the away kit is tailor made for kids. They will eat that up.

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed about yellow away! But not because of the color coordination LOL.

7. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While searching for the end of the internets, I found this article saying that our "Visit Rwanda" sleeve sponsorship is 3yrs over 40M GBP. I have no idea if that's good business or not, but at least it's commercial revenue that hopefully is directed to strengthening the team.

Sounds like there may be some scrutiny over the deal as well...

8. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't like blue kits for Arsenal

9. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear god, I'd buy the hell outta that v-neck one with the 3 stripes down the seams. Magnificent.

10. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least it's (somewhat, morally) better to promote tourism rather than tires or even a wagering site (like 138.com [Watford], 12BET [West Brom], or bet365 [Stoke City] for example) in which is illegal in most countries (including the US). I believe advertising online gambling/wagering sites on either jerseys (either on sleeves and/or on the front) or LED ad signage should be made illegal, after all, we don't want kids or anyone from a country that has outlawed it to see it and log on to it.

11. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's probably because we don't seem to win when we don them, while back in the day, we won doubles, trophies, titles, and even at one time, became Invincible wearing either yellow or gold, you know, something like this :)

032. Ray Jackson - Arsenal Warrior Invincibles 4.JPG

12. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, Arsenal also offer a green goalkeeper jersey as well, I found out about it looking up "Arsenal 2018-19 Jersey" on eBay, I got one through Fanatics.com, but it is also available on Soccer.com as well, but, like most other alternate GK kits, this will probably run for a limited time, I'll post pics of it (and eventually of me in it) when I get it in next week, but here is the link where you can get it:

https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/puma-arsenal-goalkeeper-jersey_A1014345

Arsenal 2018-19 Green Goalkeeper Jersey.jpg

13. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Why can't that GK kit be our third kit? Nice green, no stupid, shitty gimmicks besides the garbage on the front, but all in all it isn't that bad. Pair with black shorts and green socks.

BIGHMW repped this.
  14. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try code FF3982 on Puma.com today. 40% off a lot of items. I got one of the $90 Arsenal jackets that were marked down to $60 for $35.

NorthBank repped this.
  15. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...or... if you plan on wearing it on the streets and want to look sharp in it, perhaps a pair of Green khakis will do. You'll see when I do my downloads of myself in both it and the other kits (home, away, and third), I'm already in the process of setting up coordinating pants and footwear to go along with this season's strips.

16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good deal indeed. I checked it out, gave a little thought, and decided I didn't love it enough (in either blue or red) to own it.

I think I'll wait until Adidas kicks in. Hopefully they'll do something classy, with a similar promo savings, and then I might just...

p.s. On Puma's website they only list 5 soccer teams who they sponsor... is that really all they do? That's a joke compared to Nike or Adidas.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea of Arsenal playing in Green seems completely anathema to me.

18. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first arsenal thing I’ve bought since the yellow/blue away Puma shirt worn during the FA Cup a few years back. My brother bought a Puma t-shirt for me. That’s it.

I have at least 5 Arsenal Nike jerseys, a sweatshirt, and a couple training shirts, 2 pairs of shorts.

19. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The yellow/blue away shirt was from 2014-15, and it was worn at Wembley in the FA Cup Final when we successfully retained the Cup.

As for my overall collection (currently) of AFC strips, I own all four worn between 2002-03 and 2003-04 (yes including the rare gold strip) from Nike and sponsored by O2, and also the shirts from the past three seasons (2016-17, 2017-18, and this season from Puma and sponsored by Emirates "Fly Emirates", and if you want to become a fan of mine (mainly for my music), then visit my BIGHMW TV YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/BIGHMWOfficial, and I am also a performer and presenter of several miniseries, including "What's In The Closet?" and more, check out my Arsenal jersey collections from 2002-04 and the 2016-17 on the following links, and, yes, I DO intend to showcase both the 2017-18 kits and also this year's when I complete that collection.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, VfL Wolfsburg play in green, it's their trademark primary color, much like Arsenal's trademark primary color scheme is red with white sleeves.

21. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    As a third kit? Clearly away kit is yellow and blue, third can be anything and we have done well in green before.

I second the calls waiting for our next kit supplier. I have a puma stadium jacket someone bought me, but I refuse to spend money on puma kits. Dreadful.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When was that? If we played more than 1 season with a green away kit I'd be surprised.

Honestly I see no reason for a 3rd kit. If we had our red+white home kit, and our yellow+blue away kit, that'd be plenty to avoid clashing with anyone.

I think 3rd kits exist to make more money for clubs and kit makers.

23. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Wore it back in the 82-83 season. Looked good but I agree with you that 3rd kits are seldom required.

[​IMG][​IMG]

BIGHMW repped this.
  24. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the option of a 3rd kit with something different. Let Adidas, Puma, whomever be creative with the 3rd kit. Home is ALWAYS red & white. Away is ALWAYS yellow and blue.

25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is inherent inconsistency in your post. ;)