A Dassler By Any Other Name - Kit Thread Mark XV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Jan 2, 2014.

1. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sleeve sponsors = Another way to expand the gap between the haves and have-nots. Yay.

darcgun repped this.
  3. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long until they have lower back sponsors and short sponsors? I'm not buying anything with that trash.

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nba sponsorship is shit

Philly are with stubhub I think

5. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we're one of the haves, so i don't mind to be honest. no matter how bad or entitled that is.

6. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can respect that but I feel differently. At the least I'm an advocate of measures that balance the playing field, as it were, especially at this level of professional football. Steps like these are not necessary, so all they do is create largesse that exacerbates the growing boredom of caste structure football (IMO).

If there were salary caps in place then I couldn't care less.

Fifty repped this.
  7. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I understand that. But as we are one of the rich guys, despite a now bad manager, our turnover is high in world terms and will be for some time to come, so it does benefit us.

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sleeve sponsorships? Ugh. Frankly I'm less than completely comfortable with the ads on their chests. If "they" allow footy kits become more like race cars or drivers, I'm outta here!

9. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I'll basically buy national team shirts from here out -- if I buy any at all. I don't wear the ones I have.

10. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Eventually, the shirts will go the way of Nascar.

11. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Arsenal. From linkedin feed:

English Premier League; Another cracking opportunity we have unearthed! Sponsor of trainingwear AND sleeve of jersey with full package of rights including TEN inplay LED minutes for EVERY home match in upcoming 2017/18 season. . Combined package price; £900,000 for full season.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is that for... Burnley?

13. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was all the info provided. Given the timing I assumed a just promoted team.

14. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    BIGHMW and AEAAFC96 repped this.
  15. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow, I hate the home jersey. That collar is an abomination.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The shirt's OK I guess, minus the weird collar if course. But I don't like the white socks at all. My basis for a traditional kit is the 1970's, which included red socks and a white stripe near the top.

With the new socks, I bet when you watch on TV it'll look like everyone's socks are falling/rolled down, a la Iwobi.

More importantly who are all those weird folks sitting with the players! Anybody famous?

BIGHMW repped this.
  18. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG I'll wait until the away and third kits are announced and whether or not they will offer the away GK it in adult sizes, and in short sleeves like the home one and last year's home kit.

BTW I bought what was supposed to have been the away GK kit from last year in Adult size XL in short sleeves on eBay from a vendor in Hong Kong, and it turned out to be a knockoff from China (taglessly labeled "Made In Thailand", but, a nicely done one though, thinner than the official GK kit (actually the same thickness as a outfield players' kit and with a serial number on it much like them), I bought pre-season last year but very well done, I will post pics of it. Although the Arsenal crest is a little off everything else on it looks legit. Even the PUMA cat logos are stitched on and not printed on like the 2014-15 and 2015-16 ones were. Note that it was the only way I could get my hands on the away (light blue) GK kit in short-sleeved form.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/arsenal-goa...hash=item283802e0df:m:mvFcNN8128C2FZswhnNrR0w

I tried UKSoccerShop.com and also SportsDirect.com before eBay but with no luck It would make a good kit to wear around, nobody here even knows who we are, let alone watch Premier League football except for us here at BIGHMW.com Headquarters at Towne Point

Attached Files:

19. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...or the PBA (Professional Bowlers Association) Tour with their shirts and jerseys that resemble that remark (ball manufacturers, grip company patches, shoe company patches, etc.)

See for yourself:

http://www.high5gear.com/pba-pro-replica-jerseys.html?limit=24

The jerseys the pros wear (and also some of us half-baked amateurs who want the pro look) have all sorts of sponsors on them everywhere, they almost have gone the way of NASCAR, especially in Mexico in Liga MX, sponsors everywhere, almost all tbhe clubs in Liga MX have at least 2 or 3 sponsors on their backs along with their name, sleeves, shoulders you name it.

20. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda cool looking 3rd kit. But too bad we'll never see that ball in use.

22. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Man, these Puma kits are just garbage.

Fifty and Shen-O repped this.
  23. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

24. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/12/arsenal-17-18-away-kit.html

The away kit is scheduled to be released on July 29th, just 5 days away, I'm definitely stocking up on all 4 kits (home, away, third and goalkeeper short sleeve) when I get my settlement check from my car accident from last December. I'll be ready this Community Shield match vs Chel$ki at Wembley LIVE on (probably) FS1

......and yes, I will also be doing shots of myself in all 4 of the kits, but, due to all the bullshit I have read about photobucket wanting us to shell out $400.00/year just to hotlink my pics to this (and other) forums, I will have to do it straight from my PC itself

You can read how Photobucket wants to gouge all of us out of 400 DOLLARS/YEAR right here:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update

Isn't it total bullshit fellow Gooners???