Alert: Aílton is back!

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Alex_K, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Come on, Aílton deserves his own thread :D.

Now back in the German 6th division (with a 2 years contract). With Uerdingen, the club with the most awesome mascot ever (also pictured - the mascot is the one with the trunk, Aílton is the other guy).

http://www.kfc-uerdingen.de/2009/aktuell/news/1332_5781_97.php

I can't help but to think that since he left Schalke (well, or Bremen already, I guess) his career has gone downhill. Still, Aílton is awesome.

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I am waiting for interviews like: "Team plays slow, must play to Ailton. Ailton running fast like Bundesliga and make goal, goal. Fans love Ailton for goals and Ailton loves fans for loving Ailton."

That guy is really simple awesome. :D

cwcoach18 repped this.
  3. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    He is indeed awesome.

On a more serious note, I love him also because he is the living proof that despite being a little overweight and all, a player can still score up to 28 goals in the Bundesliga (as Ailton did 5 years ago), contrary to the opinion of many that in "modern football", players like Gerd Müller would not have done nearly as well as they did in their respective era. I can always point to Ailton for proving the opposite. I love him for that.

4. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMo1JvQ9IiY"]YouTube- Versteh den Ailton[/ame]

:D

5. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Indeed. Was not happy that one of his 3 goals for Hamburg during his short stint there in 2006 came against us. :(

6. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aillllllllllllllton Whoa, Oh.

I'm thrilled with this news.

Its time to make those Ailton T-Shirts

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to love to watch Ailton (seemingly) every week back when the Bundesliga was on Fox Sports Channel in the early 2000s. What a prolific scorer.

Is he really in the German 6th Division? What a fall from heights!

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Ailton should already have ended his career, but it is said, that he has financial problems. Uerdingen has some tradition, played in the 80s and 90s in the Bundesliga, won the DFB-cup, reached a European semi-final and does not belong to the 6th division. So all the best for them and Ailton.

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Yep. Didn't play for them this weekend, though (maybe there are still some formalities needed).

[quote="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Ailton should already have ended his career, but it is said, that he has financial problems. Uerdingen has some tradition, played in the 80s and 90s in the Bundesliga, won the DFB-cup, reached a European semi-final and does not belong to the 6th division. So all the best for them and Ailton. [/quote]

All of their success came as Bayer Uerdingen, though - as soon as Bayer withdrew their support they sunk like a rock (from the first to the sixth division in 13 years).

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Aílton has signed a two year contract with Bremen's FC Oberneuland (who bought him out of his contract with Uerdingen). He didn't exactly set the world on fire in Uerdingen (4 goals in 13 games), so it IS kinda sad to see him turned into some kind of circus pony. Oberneuland are his 19th club, btw.

11. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does he still represent Qatar ( or was it Kuwait) in international football?

12. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, he is definitely a show pony. But at least now he will be playing IN Bremen, I'm sure a lot of Werder fans will go take in Oberneuland matches.

-ps, though its hard to tell, my avatar is of Ailton ;)

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    He never did.

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Maybe for the first few matches - but considering how much he is probably earning that ain't a good deal for them. Oberneuland can't really afford to actually play him, as he's frankly past it, and it would mean playing with 10 man in every single game if they made him a regular. And I doubt many people will come to see Aílton sit on the bench.

15. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just had to add this picture to the thread, because its epic as hell.

[​IMG]

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Oberneuland will make a run and kick the *ss out of teams like Braunschweig in a few years. :p Believe it or not. :D

17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I don't.

I really hope Aílton plays in the season opener against Eintracht II, though. Three easy points and a shut-out guaranteed for us then.

18. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Aílton's contract has been terminated.

According to Bild he has also "fled" Germany already because of debts, but that info should, as usual, be taken with a grain of salt.

20. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, how did the guy manage to fritter away so much money?

Sad.

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    So, surprising new development - Aílton came back to Oberneuland because he couldn't find a new club, and Oberneuland took him back because they lack players. Still not clear who will pay his salary now, but he came in as a late game sub in Oberneuland's last Regionalliga game.

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Well, the part with the debts is sadly true. He is a very tragic case, even during his active career it is said that he asked Allofs and Born to pay his next month salary in advance because there were some (for him unexpected) payments in Brasil (he has there a giant ranch, that cost a lot of money and he has no clue of horses or cows). Money problems was also one of the reason why he went after our Championship season to Schalke. And it is said, that he asked Rudi Assauer for financial support, too.

He is a well-known person out of the former BL players, who can't manage their money. Some days ago the German professional football player union VdV made public, that about 25% of the Bundesliga players become poor after the end of their career.

ntv-article: Was kommt nach der Karriere

That are simply unbelivable numbers. Even the BL bench warmers earn during some years far more money than normal employees in their whole life.

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    After his short return, it seems now Aílton has left Germany for good. He and the club have agreed to end Aílton's stay there, he wants to return to Brazil now.

24. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    In our noble endeavour to chronicle the life and times of Aílton we should probably mention that he currently takes part in the German "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!"

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrrSHi2d52E"]Ailton - Sensation HD (Offizieller Channel) - YouTube[/ame]