Pre-match: 9a Spal vs Napoli 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Oct 27, 2019.

?

Do you like the starting lineup?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rehauling the squad is nice and all, but I don't think our current squad is playing at their full potential right now, that's my issue. Okay we might not get 91 pts again but 80 should at least be possible. Based on our performances so far I'd say we're on course for 70-72 pts - not acceptable.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ancelotti has clear shortfalls but we are playing without motivation. We ran 111km per game under Sarri and 108km last year. This season it is 101km.

We all knew the steam was out after we did not win with Sarri. Everyone wanted a rehaul but Ancelotti made them stay. But in December league (Juve was unstoppable) and CL (very unlucky) were over. Hamsik and Abiol left. Allan wanted to leave, Callejon and Mertens did not renew and Insigne got Raiolo. Koulibaly was the only loyal player.

We need fresh air and players who believe they can win. I would love only to keep Koulibaly but it needs to be up to him. He deserves to go somewhere and win something.

Please note we are on course for 68 points.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You can't use that for anything unless we know the differentiation in the number of sprints and length of them. I bet more sprints were taken under Sarri, and that is the problem, we won't play teams out the park with forwards like Insigne and Callejon on the roster, but we sure as Hell can work harder than them.

Even our midfield was never perfect since Hamsik was never consistent and now that we have Fabian instead we need a true regista since Jorginho left, to pair with Fabian and Allan.

Zielinski should've been sold when the stupid offers came in

4. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which of the new players we’ve bought this summer have impressed you? Because none have set the world alight for me.

Lozano - Awful since Juve
    Manolas - Bang average
    Di Lorenzo - Nothing special
    Elmas - Glimpses of potential but still raw
    Llorente - Average

The coaching issue is still the biggest issue for me, because no matter how much fresh blood we bring in we’re still gonna play the same. I want a coach like Klopp in this side...we might not win the scudetto but every player will leave the pitch having given every last drop of sweat blood and tears they had

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both are important but it shows the team now does not run much and is lazy.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Manolas and Di Lorenzo are amazing. Elmas was always meant for the future.

I always opposed getting Lozano and Di Lorenzo.

I never rates Ancelotti and see him as a big problem. But the solution is a proper overhaul not just firing him.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What overhaul? We got the players ancelotti wanted. Class players included. As someone said thank God he wasn't allowed James as well.
    Ancelotti never asked for a holding midfielder, which clearly is our issue:
    conclusion: he's lost the plot

Ancelotti is the problem and he needs to go if we want to compete for the title again. But adl loves him because he can fluke points in Europe

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I said that haha

That Ancelotti needs to go is not up for debate. But we also need fresh air.

9. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t dispute that we need a overhaul, I just doubt ADL will cough up the money - having already spent €100m this summer backing Carlo to the hilt.

Anywho, let’s not think that far into the future when our immediate issue is how do we avoid getting destroyed by Atalanta on Wednesday? :D:D

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be clear ADL made money this summer.